• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 BHMO

Third round scores still aren't up for the AM side but I probably don't care to see my rating for that round anyway :gross:

Mixed feelings here, too. Been checking in today mostly out of curiosity. If I get the rating I felt like I deserved :gross:, it might just be thrown out because it's outside of my standard deviation(s) :thmbup:.

But the way things will likely go, the average round for our group will be pulled down, and the rating will be miserable :wall:, but still high enough to be included...and pull my rating down. :(

And sorry we didn't wind up on a card together & have the opportunity to meet. Someday, though, I'll be bagging courses out your way!

You want a cookie? IF you really have done the things you claim you should be a little more understanding that sometimes things come up, and taking care of the players and live fans comes first. You sound like a whiney, entitled millennial as opposed to someone who has helped run (not run one himself, but helped) a tournament. Get over it.

Actually Gen X. I'm 44. I don't hide under a false name either. My login is my name. What's your name? I presume I'm speaking with Paul Jay based on the same attitude you gave me in 2012. That attitude which passes responsibility of not following PDGA standards that REQUIRE scores to be posted after each round and instead attacks a person with the lame 'what have you done for me lately' response.

I do have grace for those that see their shortcomings. I get a little pushy with those that don't take responsibility that is theirs. By the way, the prize money still is not listed. But I give up. You win. You know everything there is about tournaments. I know nothing. Sorry to bother you.

Rob, I didn't see your name listed in the Am or Pro division. I didn't notice in the 2012 results either. If you didn't play, are you bitching for the sake of bitching? I notice that your voice is the loudest in regards to this situation. I did play and don't feel the same level of animosity as you. If you did play and I somehow overlooked your name, my apologies.

It doesn't matter if Rob played or not. Its called taking responsibility for what you signed up for. Not making excuses and apologizing for mishaps instead of attacking another persons character based on wild assumptions. But i didn't play either, so I shouldn't express my valid opinion. *sigh*

Actually Gen X. I'm 44. I don't hide under a false name either. My login is my name. What's your name? I presume I'm speaking with Paul Jay based on the same attitude you gave me in 2012. That attitude which passes responsibility of not following PDGA standards that REQUIRE scores to be posted after each round and instead attacks a person with the lame 'what have you done for me lately' response.

I do have grace for those that see their shortcomings. I get a little pushy with those that don't take responsibility that is theirs. By the way, the prize money still is not listed. But I give up. You win. You know everything there is about tournaments. I know nothing. Sorry to bother you.

Puckstopper isn't Paul Jay, I've met both, and both are great guys. Just my $0.02.

Rob, I didn't see your name listed in the Am or Pro division. I didn't notice in the 2012 results either. If you didn't play, are you bitching for the sake of bitching?

Is the only reason NBA, NFL, MLB players play is to see their own stats when the game is over? No one else cares but the players?

I'm bitching because as a Professional game, the spectators, present or otherwise, should have results as expected. 24 hours and still counting to see what the payouts where.

#BHMO; #Holdingthesportback

Opinions are a wonderful thing. I have absolutely no problem with you posting yours. But, I will say that as someone who was there, I find your bitching to be childish and petty, especially the hashtag part. You come across as a whiny 14-year old girl. But again, that is the wonderful thing about opinions. We are each free to express our own.

Was the final 9 only for 4 players? I noticed according to the posted PDGA scores that Koling and Childs were tied for fourth after the third round. Did they have to playoff to be in the final 9? Just curious.

Surprisingly no par 4s on any course during live scoring?

"Everything is par 3." Even when it's 570 feet through tight woods. I think it's a case of the old school way of thinking since shooting an 81 is usually well over a 1000 rated round. There's definitely at least a half dozen par 4s and a par 5 or two scattered in there by PDGA guidelines.
The previously mentioned hole 13 is par 3 from both tees but the safest and usually best option is to land the first drive from the long tee on the short tee, so there's no way in hell that's a par 3.

Last edited:
Ah, pointing at the messenger and ignoring the message. Why not actually address the issue? Protocols and expectations were not followed. Is it still raining in Ohio?

If I receive one more reference to age I might be regressing faster than The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Hope I don't go in utero.

Was the final 9 only for 4 players? I noticed according to the posted PDGA scores that Koling and Childs were tied for fourth after the third round. Did they have to playoff to be in the final 9? Just curious.

Yes, they had a playoff.

Still mildly annoying that the am scores still aren't up but the pros are :(

By the time we got there (our 2nd to last hole), there was a 20 minute wait (three groups), and we were jokingly discussing the option of taking the four stroke penalty (carding 7's) for skipping the hole. My second shot was with one foot braced on a root, my left hand clinging on to that rope like a mountain climber, my bag still on my back, and I still almost did a face plant trying to get my disc 50' further to the top. If it's gonna be wet at all in a tourney, they need to consider not playing that thing.

This is the second player I heard confess to breaking the rules on this hole...

My wife and I attended the BHMO Saturday for the first time. We went to the tournament tent to see where the pro players were scheduled to start. Paul Jay appeared and was very gracious in directing us to the top foursomes starting tees. He was a first class act in my opinion. Hats off to him and all the volunteers who make the BHMO a class act. It was quite a treat watching world class players.

I would just like to say that it was a blast watching and hanging with the pros this past weekend. What a great thing for Columbus to have.... it kills me how oblivious the other park users are to the fact that there are touring pros in their park playing disc golf. Anywho.... BHMO was a great show. I plan on attending next year whether it is an NT or not.

Can't be supported by a moving object (rope) when throwing. TD might be able to allow this as a special condition.

Can't be supported by a moving object (rope) when throwing. TD might be able to allow this as a special condition.

Yeah, I didn't even think about it (I was just trying to survive :eek:), but now that I do, it's a stance violation (I think, right?) and wasn't called by anyone (played the weekend with some really great guys - which is a positive memory to keep!)

Latest posts