• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Japan Open

180 for the hotel and 98 for the room per night. Better have at least a grand ready to burn.

Depending on when you purchased your plane ticket the cost for the flight ranges from $800 to $2000. It also depends on where you're flying from.

Food during the event is included unless you venture off the property and in to town. When not staying at the event - and let's just say you're a really light eater - you will spend around $20 a day. If you eat full meals, that number will double. Japan is a great country for eating light on a budget.

You're not going to rent a car, so that's out of the question.

The entry into the event and the hotel costs are at the web site www.japanopen.info.

Thanks.

180 for the hotel and 98 for the room per night. Better have at least a grand ready to burn.

Well, have 2 years to plan now...

i think you mean 180 for the entry fee mpo, +100 more if you are masters, and an additional 100 to play gm. the hotel is 100usd per person, per night with 2 people to one room, 4 people to one bungalow.

Yea that was a typo. But dang you have to pay 180 plus 200 if you are Grand Master? jeeze

Yea that was a typo. But dang you have to pay 180 plus 200 if you are Grand Master? jeeze

I read it as optional additional age pools. It does sound pricey, but that puts you in three separate pools as well. You could theoretically cash in Open, Masters and Grandmasters. Interesting idea, I look forward to seeing how it p(l)ays out.

yes, that's correct. the additional money is split only amongst your division. my entry was 280 since i'm age qualified for masters and that additional money will only be split amongst the top 11 players in masters as there were 22 registered as of last update.

Interesting to see that there is not a shuffle of the pools until after the 4th round.

Interesting to see that there is not a shuffle of the pools until after the 4th round.

Each pool plays each course twice before the shuffle: once in the morning and once in the afternoon. Afternoon conditions are often more windy than the calm morning conditions. Morning fog versus afternoon winds.

Not going to speculate for sure, but I hope Schusterick wins it. I like what that kid is doing for the sport.

Each pool plays each course twice before the shuffle: once in the morning and once in the afternoon. Afternoon conditions are often more windy than the calm morning conditions. Morning fog versus afternoon winds.

Makes sense.

Yes
Yes
Yes - I think a couple of past Japan Open Champions will be among the top four: Locatro, Feldberg, Rico or Doss. They will be joined by a couple of first time Japan Open players: McBeth, Brinster, Schusterick, Lizotte or Wysocki.

Yes - Nikko CAN repeat and has an advantage as a returning player. However, I think there will be a new name at the top of the list: McBeth.

Not Schusterick's 1st JO. He played in 2010.

Sushi is pretty much the same all around the world

I can feel millions of Japanese people giving you this face :|

Def grab tons of noodles! Check out some hibachi places as well. I would love to go to Japan on a foodie vacation.

No kidding. Everyone knows Japanese sushi is the best due to all the delicious radiation from Fukushima.

Understood the stigma of it, but pacific bluefin (even "radiated") is nothing near harmful for human consumption. If I were in Japan, I would have zero reservations about eating at reputable sushi places.

they also told us processed food, mass produced meat and gmos were fine to eat.

And how about an updated score list? I dont wanna wait until tmrw morning to see the results :)

The MPO Round 1 of Japan Open is finished. While it's definitely still anybody's game, two players seem to be taking a stretch against the rest of the field. The hot round of the morning was posted by 2008 Japan Open Champion David Feldberg (52). Discmania CEO Jussi Meresmaa is also off to a great start with the score of 54. Other hot scores of MPO round 1 include Ken Climo, Steve Rico & Avery Jenkins tied with 56 and Paul McBeth, Will Schusterick, David Wiggins Jr, Simon Lizotte & Steve Brinster with 57. This update has been posted before official results are in, so changes to the top spots are still possible. MPO round 2 will start at 1 PM (Japan time), as the top MPO players head on to tackle to purple course. The tournament scores will be posted on the PDGA event page once they have been checked