• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2015 Ace Race Disc

Reason I mention is cuz the Z Magnet was a glideless brick. Cryztal Challenger has decent glide but is surprisingly understable, not at all what a Challenger should be. I don't exactly trust Discraft with Z putters, not a good track record there.

This is a concern of mine as well. The Z Putt'R was a turd also. Is Big Z any different from regular Z aside from the stamp? I'm not sure but I feel like the Roach in regular Z type plastic might kill everything that was good about this mold. The AR versions weren't super glidey to begin with so in Z it could be a stone. And I personally think the Roach shines best as a putter but as a general rule I think base plastic is the way to go for putting.

I'd be a lot more interested in this disc if it came in a Pro D/elite-X that wasn't made of candle wax. A Fossil/KC Pro or Gateway SS/SSS Roach would be elfballs.

I like the disc for putting and longer throws. Very straight putter and I'm making more long ones with an anhyzer release. Works great for all kinds of shaped upshots but starts to get touchy past 200 unless you have room to throw it high and let it work. Would like to see it in soft x (like they did with the APX) and ESP/ESP FLX more than Big Z. I only have experience with Biz vs Z on Cranks. I felt like Big Z's were less stable than Z with a bit more glide. I wouldn't mind having a Big Z Roach to drive with. The AR version really gets too destroyed in the woods. Hopefully the Big Z one will start a little more stable and wear into the sweet spot. (But I still don't like the stamp or any of the other big z stamps really.)

This is a concern of mine as well. The Z Putt'R was a turd also. Is Big Z any different from regular Z aside from the stamp? I'm not sure but I feel like the Roach in regular Z type plastic might kill everything that was good about this mold. The AR versions weren't super glidey to begin with so in Z it could be a stone. And I personally think the Roach shines best as a putter but as a general rule I think base plastic is the way to go for putting.

I'd be a lot more interested in this disc if it came in a Pro D/elite-X that wasn't made of candle wax. A Fossil/KC Pro or Gateway SS/SSS Roach would be elfballs.

Almost all the big Z I've seen is pearly. But that's limited to a couple molds.

I was wanting ESP for throwing, not putting. Base plastic for putting definitely.

Iconpimp.gif

Could be worse, could have the guy from Papa Roach stamped on there. "You throwing the Roach, Jim?" "This is my last resort!"

Discraft appears to want to have the corner on the insect names. Too bad Innova already has the Skeeter.

The Weevle
The Flea
The tick
The centipede(would make for a sweet stamp)
The chigger
The waterbug

Sucking Louse
Bullet Ant
Giant Isopod
Africanized Honey Bee
Giant Cicada
Eastern Lubber Grasshopper
Raspy Bulldog Cricket
Assassin Bug
Bot Fly
Army Ant
Camel Spider
Vinegaroon
Amazonian Giant Centipede
Saddleback Caterpillar
Dung Beetle
Harvestman
Arizona Bark Scorpion
Spiky Katydid
Green Peach Aphid
Rhinoceros Beetle
Earwig
Silverfish
Spiny Leaf Insect
Antlion
Emperor King Dragonfly
Giant Mite

So many other bugs!

I'll be interested to see how the plastic change impacts the mold. I loved how neutral these were from the start in Pro-D. If these start a little beefier and sweet spot into the Pro-D's flight (for years), this will be a fun mold to throw.

Not trying to stir the pot(no pun intended) after all the debris has settled but.....At the age of 13 or 14 the first time I was offered weed was on a ball golf course. Face it DG is an organized walk thru the woods/park, there are gonna be "smokers" and drinkers out enjoying nature. Every sport has them. Have you ever been on a walking/running/hiking trail and see a beer can in the woods or smell a "hippie", that hasn't stopped ToughMudder/SpartanRace/WarriorDashfrom pulling in millions$$$$ and tens of thousands of competitors(and a handful of those events give you a beer when you finish).

It's a bug on a disc smoking a stogie. Do you really think that is what's holding the sport from going to the next level? It's FRISBEE!!!!! That's what's holding it back. It's a proletarian hobby/sport. You can essentially buy a full PRO set-up discs for less than the price of 1 softball bat, 1 quality pool cue, 1 bowling ball or driver. There is no revenue in it for TV relative to what's required to cover it well. So unbunch your panties. The disc name and logo is no worse than the "Burner" driver series from TaylorMade. And let's also not forget in ball golf you get beer cart to bring them drinks.

To grow the sport we need youth leagues and programs and mentors. A cockroach on a disc isn't holding the sport back, last time I watched a baseball game there were plenty beer ads around the stadium(I've also seen hydroponic stores as sponsors at the AAA level) yet there are plenty youth baseball/softball programs. I'm pretty sure The Big Lebowski didn't cause the cancellation of youth bowling. We ALL are the face of DG. We make it what it is or will become. Empty ball fields are where the bad elements congregate, empty parks are where the bad elements congregate and empty DG courses are where the bad elements congregate. So my question to Halcon the others hating on this disc name for tarnishing the image of the sport is what have YOU done to start a youth disc program at your church or local school or grow the sport?

Latest posts