• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Ledgestone NT presented by Discraft

JohtoVillage

Birdie Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
In case anyone missed the big news last night, the 2015 Ledgestone Insurance Open will be presented by Discraft and will have a minimum $35,000 added cash to the pro purse. AM player's pack will include 8 discs, shirt, metal mini and more. AM payout will be 100% of their entry fees and no money will come out of entry fees to pay for player's pack or tournament expenses. Huge news!

http://allthingsdiscgolf.com/ledgestone-insurance-open-richest-nt-stop-history-35000-added-cash

Registration opens 3/2/15. Who is in?

Last edited:
Being I am going to be unlikely a PDGA next year NT is out of my league. Too bad this one always looked fun and I am hoping to travel for an event or two this year

Dates are set - 8/21/15 to 8/23/15 for pros

AMS are 8/22/15 to 8/23/15

We will have spots for 288 amateur players.

got the reminder set on my phone, I AM IN

We expect it to fill fast this year!! Our added cash is going to hopefully be increasing even more.

Sounds great, Nate. Well done! Do you have tentative course assignments for the various pools? I know it is early and subject to change, but am just curious. Of the six courses, I've only played Lake Eureka, but will likely be in Peoria at least once before the event. Will Recs likely be at places like Eureka, Bradley, & Washington, perhaps Westwood?

Holy cow what a boatload of cash and prizes! Excellent work securing all that sponsorship, I tip my hat to you. Looking forward to watching if I'm not playing in this great event.

Sounds great, Nate. Well done! Do you have tentative course assignments for the various pools? I know it is early and subject to change, but am just curious. Of the six courses, I've only played Lake Eureka, but will likely be in Peoria at least once before the event. Will Recs likely be at places like Eureka, Bradley, & Washington, perhaps Westwood?

I do have tentative course assignments done but can't release those yet. It actually looks like we will be playing 8 courses for the event. Each division will play 3 courses. Stay tuned for what those courses will be.

I can say that Rec will not be playing Westwood, Northwood or McNaughton as those courses will be used for Pro divisions.

Holy cow what a boatload of cash and prizes! Excellent work securing all that sponsorship, I tip my hat to you. Looking forward to watching if I'm not playing in this great event.

Thanks! I fully expect to add $45,000 to the pro purse when all is said and done.

Sounds like an amazing event, putting it on the calendar.

Really looking forward to it. We expect registration to open 3/2/15 and I will probably do something special to make sure top pros can play. I will have more spots available for MPO though, so hopefully it won't be an issue.

So excited

Really looking forward to it. We expect registration to open 3/2/15 and I will probably do something special to make sure top pros can play. I will have more spots available for MPO though, so hopefully it won't be an issue.

I am so excited and I cant wait to play this event. I am putting the date in my phone now:D

This is just sooooo cool. I started playing Disc Golf in 2012 and saw the Ledgestone Insurance tournament promoted by my local club and thought how cool it was that a private company was supporting the sport by being a major sponsor and fronting $10k. And that Big names were singing up to participate in an Illinois tourney. It wasn't a Nike or a BMW sponsorship but it still added commercial legitimacy to the sport. Now, 3 years later that same tournament has set the bar for all Pro NT's. Great stuff, I hope this is a great success and attracts not just more athletic players to the sport but also more lucrative tournament sponsorships for all the other great NT's around the country.

And the fact the all AM money gets put BACK into the winnings and player packs and not the TD's coffers… Unreal. You guys are really setting the bar high!

Thanks guys! Please spread the word about registration. We expect to release projected payouts in the next week or so, assuming full fields. I did the payout for MPO yesterday and its insane. Everyone in the top 18 would get a minimum of $1,000 with the winner getting $5,000. MA1 winner would get over $500.

And the fact the all AM money gets put BACK into the winnings and player packs and not the TD's coffers… Unreal. You guys are really setting the bar high!

Normally I am one of the first to regale against TDs making any money, but you sound quite ungrateful for the efforts TDs put in.

I just got approval to add nine temp holes to Sunset Hills Golf Course, which will be one of the courses we use. 5 of the temporary holes will have significant water in play. I just approved the design yesterday!

Also, if you guys didn't hear the news, Discraft is releasing some killer new stuff to support the event. Ti Zones, Ti Comets, Ti Bangers, Ti Flicks, etc. Email me at [email protected] for details!

I just got approval to add nine temp holes to Sunset Hills Golf Course, which will be one of the courses we use. 5 of the temporary holes will have significant water in play. I just approved the design yesterday!

Also, if you guys didn't hear the news, Discraft is releasing some killer new stuff to support the event. Ti Zones, Ti Comets, Ti Bangers, Ti Flicks, etc. Email me at [email protected] for details!

Ti Zones, Flicks and CometS?! OH MY!