• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Ledgestone NT presented by Discraft

Donovan Park (golf course) and Kennel Lake (sportsmens club) are temp courses.

Nate, do you know how far in advance of the tournament that the temp courses will be open for practice?

Donovan Park (golf course) and Kennel Lake (sportsmens club) are temp courses.

Nate, do you know how far in advance of the tournament that the temp courses will be open for practice?

Well that sucks.....I'm glad they were able to get more people into the event so I have to play 2 temp courses.

Well that sucks.....I'm glad they were able to get more people into the event so I have to play 2 temp courses.

I hear you. I know we are free to drop out if playing a long temp golf course isn't appealing, but changing the event after people have paid is...ehh, Not what we signed up for. It seems to be the theme for big events early in 2015. Oh well.

I hear you. I know we are free to drop out if playing a long temp golf course isn't appealing, but changing the event after people have paid is...ehh, Not what we signed up for. It seems to be the theme for big events early in 2015. Oh well.

Either way, people are going to complain. If he had not added more courses, people would have said registration was unfair blah blah blah. Now that he did, people are complaining that they are temp courses and not what they paid for. I think the pros of adding more courses far outweigh the cons of not adding courses. I for one am glad Nate added courses because now tons of people on the wait list can get in and play this excellent event!

Either way, people are going to complain. If he had not added more courses, people would have said registration was unfair blah blah blah. Now that he did, people are complaining that they are temp courses and not what they paid for. I think the pros of adding more courses far outweigh the cons of not adding courses. I for one am glad Nate added courses because now tons of people on the wait list can get in and play this excellent event!

And of course I feel the opposite I went through the effort to secure my spot and bc others didn't make the same effort they get to play which changes the courses I get to play and if I'm not mistaken am2 is now the only division playing 2 temp courses.

And of course I feel the opposite I went through the effort to secure my spot and bc others didn't make the same effort they get to play which changes the courses I get to play and if I'm not mistaken am2 is now the only division playing 2 temp courses.

I think this move was probably designed for the people that went through the effort to secure their spot but because of problems with Iregisteronline.com were not given that spot.

Nate should be commended for the amount of effort he has put in trying to incorporate the opinions of others. I think he made the right decision given the numerous people pulling at him from 2390482390478 directions. Great job Nate!

I might be wrong, but wouldn't adding two temp courses give locals, and those who can take more time off work, an advantage?

People who are planning on traveling now have to take an extra day to practice these two courses.

I personally think having temp courses levels the playing field more because the course is new to everybody. Nate.....don't stress the haters!

And to the haters....if you don't like it then don't play. There are plenty of people to fill your spots. Running a tournament of this magnitude puts a TD in a lot of double edged sword positions. There is no conceivable way to please everyone...if you have a complaint throw it out there, but try to have a solution in mind as well. Just remember that nate can't make 2 plus 2 equal 5....

I might be wrong, but wouldn't adding two temp courses give locals, and those who can take more time off work, an advantage?

People who are planning on traveling now have to take an extra day to practice these two courses.

I've shot tons of stupid hot rounds playing a course blind and have shot terrible rounds on my home course

Here's a solution have everyone play 1 temp course rather than my division play 2....

QUOTE=BionicRib;2734822]I personally think having temp courses levels the playing field more because the course is new to everybody. Nate.....don't stress the haters!

And to the haters....if you don't like it then don't play. There are plenty of people to fill your spots. Running a tournament of this magnitude puts a TD in a lot of double edged sword positions. There is no conceivable way to please everyone...if you have a complaint throw it out there, but try to have a solution in mind as well. Just remember that nate can't make 2 plus 2 equal 5....[/QUOTE]

I cant believe they have temp courses and now locals are going to kill it because they know how the weather is and are used to the humidity and now the pros are going to make more money off the ams because they let more people in that they said they did and they didn't have a tiered system to register and because paypal is so slow I got put on a waiting list so that now silicon valley is controlling how and what tournament I can register and play in and now there is more courses I don't want to play or play blind with my favorite driver that I just lost in another tournament so now I cant practice properly for this blind, non tiered, registration filled, local biased joke of a national tour.

When is the next event???

Everyone is already playing one temp course. Your division is the only one playing two temp courses. It is what it is. You don't like it, then don't play the tournament.

You know that isn't fair....I didn't sign up for 2 temp courses and then once they had my money it was changed...now your solution is don't play. The solution is stick to what was promised.

You know that isn't fair....I didn't sign up for 2 temp courses and then once they had my money it was changed...now your solution is don't play. The solution is stick to what was promised.

No, the solution is for you not to play. The courses were added to accommodate more players. This makes many people happy, and many more won't care. There will be a few like you, who won't like the change. Overall there are more people that are happy or neutral about the change than there are who are unhappy.

I agree, you did not sign up for it. Feel free to ask for a refund and not play the tournament. Nobody is making you do this.

In the end every division is still just playing 3 courses. You don't have to learn any more courses than you did before. If anything, this will level the playing field because the locals won't have much time to practice the temp courses either. They won't be in the ground until just before the tournament.

Last edited:
No, the solution is for you not to play. The courses were added to accommodate more players. This makes many people happy, and many more won't care. There will be a few like you, who won't like the change. Overall there are more people that are happy or neutral about the change than there are who are unhappy.

I agree, you did not sign up for it. Feel free to ask for a refund and not play the tournament. Nobody is making you do this.

In the end every division is still just playing 3 courses. You don't have to learn any more courses than you did before. If anything, this will level the playing field because the locals won't have much time to practice the temp courses either. They won't be in the ground until just before the tournament.

^^^^This guy gets it

I am still playing but it isn't fair that only my dvision has to play 2 temp courses.......and it isn't fair that I get screwed to help out those who weren't willing to register when they needed to......I'm sure it will still be a great tourney but I don't like this sign up now and then we can do whatever we want approach that also happened at the memorial.....sets a very dangerous example.

I am still playing but it isn't fair that only my dvision has to play 2 temp courses.......and it isn't fair that I get screwed to help out those who weren't willing to register when they needed to......I'm sure it will still be a great tourney but I don't like this sign up now and then we can do whatever we want approach that also happened at the memorial.....sets a very dangerous example.

As I said before, it was done partially to accommodate people that registered when they needed to but did not get in. Just because you were lucky enough for the website to function properly doesn't mean you're the only one. Many people registered, had their money taken, got a confirmation that there was a spot available when they registered and then got put on the waitlist. You can't make everyone happy but Nate made MOST people happy with his decision.