• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Ledgestone NT presented by Discraft

I am still playing but it isn't fair that only my dvision has to play 2 temp courses.......and it isn't fair that I get screwed to help out those who weren't willing to register when they needed to......I'm sure it will still be a great tourney but I don't like this sign up now and then we can do whatever we want approach that also happened at the memorial.....sets a very dangerous example.
At the end of the day you're throwing disc's from a tee pad, to a basket, with some trees and out of bounds in the way! Why does it matter if you're playing a permanent course or a temp course? I would actually prefer to play more temp courses for tournaments because they are usually designed by people who understand competitive disc golf and propper course design.

I don't understand the negitive of playing two temp courses on two great pieces of land?

This is for any locals, or someone in the know. Where's a good place to camp? I believe I'm playing Washington, Lake Eureka, and Kennel Lake. Thought about a hotel, but more of an outdoorsy person

That's probably better to ask on the Facebook page because more locals post there than on DGCR. That being said, I remember the camping question being asked for other tourneys in the area and it didn't seem like there were many appealing options. Nothing close, anyway.

LOL...where to start??

Nate, do you know how far in advance of the tournament that the temp courses will be open for practice?

Kennel Lake and Donovan will be setup for play Wednesday through Friday. Lake Eureka Temp will be setup for play Tuesday through Thursday.

I hear you. I know we are free to drop out if playing a long temp golf course isn't appealing, but changing the event after people have paid is...ehh, Not what we signed up for. It seems to be the theme for big events early in 2015. Oh well.

Well that sucks.....I'm glad they were able to get more people into the event so I have to play 2 temp courses.

Unfortunately you guys just don't know what you are talking about. Donovan is not a golf course and the course is only 6100 feet. Also, what's the big problem playing temp courses? The old MA2 schedule was Eureka Shorts, Sunset Hills Golf Course and Washington Shorts. You now get to play Kennel Lake, Donovan and Washington Shorts. That's a better set of courses and will better test the MA2 division.

And of course I feel the opposite I went through the effort to secure my spot and bc others didn't make the same effort they get to play which changes the courses I get to play and if I'm not mistaken am2 is now the only division playing 2 temp courses.

I am still confused at this - you are playing two temp courses....what's the big deal? I don't get why that is a bad thing. Both of the temp courses are going to be a lot of fun.

I think this move was probably designed for the people that went through the effort to secure their spot but because of problems with Iregisteronline.com were not given that spot.

Yes, that would be accurate.

I might be wrong, but wouldn't adding two temp courses give locals, and those who can take more time off work, an advantage?

LOL, how would this give any more advantage to locals? This would take away any local advantage FYI. So you are wrong :)

You know that isn't fair....I didn't sign up for 2 temp courses and then once they had my money it was changed...now your solution is don't play. The solution is stick to what was promised.

Please let me know your name and I will be glad to refund your money. Someone else will take your player pack of nine discs, a shirt, a personalized towel, a customized metal mini, a trotter box, free ice cream, a buffet dinner and a $30,000 amateur payout.

Just out of curiosity, what were the 3 original courses for am2?

I posted this above.

I don't understand the negitive of playing two temp courses on two great pieces of land?

Exactly! Kennel Lake is a beautiful property and Donovan is an old golf course.

So basically am2 was originally playing 2 temp courses and is still playing 2 temp courses.....so why the complaints guys?

Eureka shorts is a temp right?

Not trying to be a troll here but I may of been more proactive to sign up if the current course plan for Am2 was what it is now. The original courses weren't as enticing as it is now.

With that said, in any medium of entertainment that I have ever attended there has always been a subject to change clause. It's standard practice so that whoever is running said event has an avenue to make changes if need be.

Keep up the good work Nate!

Not trying to be a troll here but I may of been more proactive to sign up if the current course plan for Am2 was what it is now. The original courses weren't as enticing as it is now.

Exactly - playing Lake Eureka Short, Washington and Sunset Hills is a decent layout, but the updated layout is even more fun. Kennel Lake is a beautiful property with a HUGE lake that comes into play on many holes. Donovan is an old golf course that will be a fun layout. There will always be complaints!

Exactly - playing Lake Eureka Short, Washington and Sunset Hills is a decent layout, but the updated layout is even more fun. Kennel Lake is a beautiful property with a HUGE lake that comes into play on many holes. Donovan is an old golf course that will be a fun layout. There will always be complaints!

I will drop the complaints and just play the courses as scheduled but someone asked what the problem with temp courses....nothing as long as they have the same quality of matching baskets (I have experienced the opposite if this many times) and they all have real tee pads (this unfortunately usually isn't the case).....is that what we can expect?

And of course I feel the opposite I went through the effort to secure my spot and bc others didn't make the same effort they get to play which changes the courses I get to play and if I'm not mistaken am2 is now the only division playing 2 temp courses.

I personally think the temp courses will actually be more fun than the courses we would have been playing. Just my $.02

I will drop the complaints and just play the courses as scheduled but someone asked what the problem with temp courses....nothing as long as they have the same quality of matching baskets (I have experienced the opposite if this many times) and they all have real tee pads (this unfortunately usually isn't the case).....is that what we can expect?

I would encourage you to go read the PDGA rules....for this tier of tournament, all baskets have to be matching. So I don't know what tournaments you are playing, but for an A Tier or an NT all baskets have to be the same.

Teepads will be concrete for some holes and the rest will be flypads.

I would encourage you to go read the PDGA rules....for this tier of tournament, all baskets have to be matching. So I don't know what tournaments you are playing, but for an A Tier or an NT all baskets have to be the same.

Teepads will be concrete for some holes and the rest will be flypads.

Sounds good I retract my complaints.....

I have waaaay too many disc golf shoes.

I have three pairs of Keen Marshalls (two are WP) that I rotate and wear for a full day on the course.

I picked up two pairs of these on final clearance at Walmart for $7/apiece to wear for one-off casual rounds after work.

k2-_287db6a2-24a1-410d-b74e-57ec50c91754.v2.jpg

Herein lies the conflict:

Almost any change to a tournament, after the flyer and particularly after registration, is going to adversely affect someone. With the notable exception of adding to the players pack or payouts. Especially a change of courses, since often the courses are one of the main attractions.

On the other side, TDs, especially TDs of higher-tier and fast-filling events, must make plans a long time in advance. They're expected to nail down all of the details, half a year or even a more than a year before the tournament, and to foresee all of the changes that might occur---both setbacks and new opportunities. I think every TD issues the flyer and opens registration in the sincere hope and intent that nothing changes, but it's not always possible.

REMINDER: Registration opens tonight for the rest of the available spots for the 2015 Ledgestone NT! If you know someone who wants to play any of the divisions send them a message! Here is the availability:

MA1 - 25
FA1 - 3
FPO - 5
MPM - 19
MPG - 2

Latest posts