• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Memorial Championship- NT

Anyone want to bet on todays round? I'll put up a 8/10 premium plastic disc against yours.

I get Paul and you can choose between Ricky+Jake or Will+Jake. Lowest score of the round wins.

Anyone want to bet on todays round? I'll put up a 8/10 premium plastic disc against yours.

I get Paul and you can choose between Ricky+Jake or Will+Jake. Lowest score of the round wins.

Allright... Just to clarify- You're taking Paul Dorries and I'm taking McBeth. Brave choice.

Last edited:
I wonder how many putts he missed for the first 1100 rated round of 2015. Memorial ratings are kind of a joke

I wonder how many putts he missed for the first 1100 rated round of 2015. Memorial ratings are kind of a joke

Long holes with lots of OB = Lots of separation between the good rounds (generally your top pro's who have been playing a good bit) and the bad rounds (generally your local pros, or guys coming in from cold areas, etc)

This makes for very high ratings. Every year it's the same way.

SSA for the Fountain layout has held steady in the 52-53 range over several years now even at non-Memorial events with the higher SSA numbers on windier days as expected. Koling's 43 today with initial 1094 unofficial was the same as Nikko's official 1094 two years ago in the final round there. As indicated in my analysis article on 1100+ rounds there, the top players do a little better and weekend warrior travelers, especially those from the more northern states do a little worse on these layouts with lots of OB.

Looks like the back ups are piling up already at Fountain. Terry just posted this on SmashboxxTV's Facebook page

"Looks like we have a backup of tee times. Currently they are running 40 minutes behind. So, we will push the start of the broadcast back about 30 or so minutes.

Q. "But SMASHBOXX, why don't you just show more disc golf???"
A. Because we have a finite amount of power for our cameras and streaming tools. And every MINUTE we are live costs us money in bandwidth.

Thanks for understanding. See you very soon.

Long holes with lots of OB = Lots of separation between the good rounds (generally your top pro's who have been playing a good bit) and the bad rounds (generally your local pros, or guys coming in from cold areas, etc)

This makes for very high ratings. Every year it's the same way.
I am well aware of the reasons for the "inflated" ratings. my opinion remains the same.

As contrasted with Castle Hayne which does the opposite, compressing scores and ratings with more pinball action. We get it. ;)

Latest posts