• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Pro Worlds

That's just adding insult to injury. Ffs.

Also all that crying and "oh she should have won" after Paiges last putt. If she realy thinks that way, then let her win.

The rules are the rules, it sucks for Sarah, sure, but all that lovy dovy blabbering from somebody who just became world champion gets on my nerves.

Except that, for a true competition, you need to give your best, always. For Hokom to win that and there not be a discussion about it, she would have had to flat out beat Paige, not have Paige airball putts to give the win away. :wall: How is this so hard for people to understand?

As for the lovy dovy blabbering, your fellow competitor in a historically smaller division nearly lost her life, of course there's going to be that emotion. The same what, 15-20 women are at nearly every major event right? There's going to be some strong friendships that form out of that, and an accident like that is going to create some strong feelings in everyone in that division.

That's just adding insult to injury. Ffs.

Also all that crying and "oh she should have won" after Paiges last putt. If she realy thinks that way, then let her win.

The rules are the rules, it sucks for Sarah, sure, but all that lovy dovy blabbering from somebody who just became world champion gets on my nerves.

It happens in cycling a lot, which is ironic since it's a sport which PEDs are interlaced with success. When one of the top competitors gets a flat/mechanical failure the whole lead group will slow down to a snails pace and wait until the bike is fixed and the guy catches up and then resume the race. Even the biggest douche in sport lance Armstrong understood the circumstances and waited for his strongest competitor and waited for a flat to be fixed at the Tour de France.

It's about the spirit of competition and fair play.

Kind of like when in professional soccer if some one gets injured the opposing team will kick the ball out of bounds on purpose to stop play then the benefiting team will inbounds the ball right back after everything is sorted out.

Sometimes you realize that you played your best but someone lost due to circumstance and it not fair and the moment catches up with you. It's the subject matter of pretty much all the great dramas/novels that can make anyone emotional except reality is even more dramatic in this case

Last edited:
Congrats to McBeth and Pierce, very deserving champions.

Pierce showed a lot of class: 1) in maintaining the integrity of the game and playing her best and hardest to the end; 2) respecting Hokom and acknowledging that she likely would have won had it not been for the horrible accident.

These deserve to be together. Thx BennetUA for the transcriptions!

"I am the number one pantload of a smaximus in the world."
"Tough drive to work yesterday for Hokom."
"That's a trick shot; you can't even do that in a skeeball game."
"I think 'casual' water means it's ok to drink."
"Almost an ace. A foot away from a big ol splashy splashy steel coated double dipped sound."
Crazy just counted to three in English, German, French, and Chinese, one right after another.
"I just walked up on this tree stump, and I thought it was staring at me.
Someone just left their sunglasses on it, that's all."
"Red berries make your stomach turn blue, by the way."
"Where'd you pick your arm up, at the corner store?"
"Where'd you pick your arm up, at the corner store?"
"We know you have the power above the belt, but it's all about what you do below it that counts."
"There's a lady with a sack of poop on the sidewalk wanting to watch.
There she is again, that lady with the sack of poop."
"F as FRISBEE"
"Excuse me while I jump on my chitty-chitty-bang-bang."
"Sounded like a train went by me when he let go of that Frisbee."
"Thank you to all of our sponsors and viewers. Crazy happy, Crazy happy."
"All credit to Lasik surgery to see that McBeth and Lizzotte are 10 feet apart."
"The breeze put some oil on the road."
"That green is Hairy Potter."
"Looks like she hit one of those little fairies we keep seeing flying through the woods out here."
"It's purdy, but I don't like to be in it."
"The trees get bigger the closer you get to 'em."

Thanks for saving me the trouble of going back and putting them all together! So many more that I missed too, just general gibberish and tangents in other languages and bad impressions and "what-did-he-just-say"s to keep up! Crazy is crazy, but he's OUR Crazy, and he does an excellent job of filling the space, keeping the pace, and comic relief.

#sweetbreadish

So Stokley got called on 5 foot faults in the last few holes ?? Does anybody have any more info on this? Who called the faults? Was anybody filming the card?

Check on his Facebook page, decide from there.

The timing does seem off, and it happened on the wide-open field hole where a change in stance would do nothing to benefit the player. Still, rules are rules, so if he was away from his lie too far, then that's the call, but I cannot judge properly from the video, other than to say the timing was the most suspicious part, enough so that the girl decided that it needs to be filmed, just in case.

As for Paige and Sarah, it's a lose-lose. If PP intentionally drops two putts to hand Sarah the championship, I would imagine Sarah would feel ill at ease over that forever. PP wins by the letter of the rules, and people(and likely herself) are always going to put an asterisk on it. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

The best takeaway from this is the familial spirit of the competitors, that raw, gut-wrenching emotional breakdown from PP, the overwhelming support of Hokom from seemingly everyone with an interest in the sport, and the sportsmanship showed at the ceremony. Bittersweet in so many ways. Both champions in my book.

Last edited:
After 22 years of playing disc golf in Pittsburgh and helping build, design and maintain our courses, I'm amazed at how well our club did running this event. The amount if volunteers was overwhelming. And everything went extremely smooth.

I'm very proud of yinz for everything we have accomplished. Hard to believe 20 years ago there were only about 50 of us that even played disc golf in the area.

I wonder what happened with this? How can someone see if there was a foot fault being that far away and with the grass obstructing the view.
Being called 5 times for FF during the semi's after playing mulitiple rounds before with no incident?
Come on.

It was enjoyable to see the positive emotions from most of the best players in all fields. I think it definitely has a lot to do with how Mcbeth is carrying the game. Hes worth more than innova could pay him right now. He looks completely willing to see how far he can expose the sport. Hes waiting for the next generation to raise up to his level, I'm not sure any of his current piers can keep up over a 6-7 round event.

Here's an idea:

Nominate Sarah Hokum for next year's ESPYs -- the Arthur Ashe Award for Courage.

I was going to write this long response but you are right. If Ricky and Will want to compete with Paul over the long haul, they need to work harder on their game. Otherwise you're just waiting for Eagle, AB and a bunch of other young kids to come along and make it harder for you to finish in the top 5. Eagle averaged 1027 golf during his first Pro Worlds. With another year under his belt and more dedicated practice in the winter he might just stay on the lead card the entire tournament next year.

Wow, had a great time at worlds as expected and was sad to see/hear about this. Whether you like Scott or not, this is beyond dirty. I see no evidence of a foot fault and to call that two times or three times when you have 500+ feet to the pin in a wide open field is complete BS. Very sad to see this kind of sportsmanship.

In my 20 plus years of open play I have never seen this called. In a wide open field you can pull someone aside and give them a heads up. Win with integrity, not by getting in someone's head or calling them on BS.

Would have been nice to have Brian Graham follow Patrick around or some of the other hotheads and call them on courtesy for continuous cussing and complaining throughout the week. What a joke. I watched a couple of rounds and people in the gallery who were total rec players were talking about it and we're actually rooting against him.

Calling a foot fault on this is embarrassing and sad for the Worlds, especially for it to happen in the last 6 holes of the semis. Good job guys, mission accomplished!

Who was the 4th player on that card? It'd be interesting to hear their take on it

Nope. Hokum outplayed them all hands down, not even close really.

It's like keeping score doesn't even matter. Weren't Sarah and Paige tied going into the final 9? If Sarah had indeed "outplayed them all hands down" wouldn't she have won going away still by your statement's logic? The situation was unfortunate but her survival and health is/was the reward and a lucky one at that. Worlds was an entirely different matter and if she was experiencing adverse after effects from the accident, than she shouldn't have been playing much less expecting to win while being at less than 100%. All I can say is that it would have made for a good story. Would it be better than Paige's show of compassion? You decide.

This move has been played over and over again by one of if not the best in the game ever!! Rule should be changed for sure !!! Trying to throw 500' plus, Yet limited to a 4 inch wide area to plant your foot makes no sense!! The Champ should be ashamed as well as Patrick for playing along !!! Your 30 dang feet Behind the player!!

Last edited:
Looks like some dudes on the same team being overzealous on their calls, in order to screw another guy not on the team.

Honestly laughable.

The video on FB is too grainy and inconclusive. The pic is pretty clear and looks like a legal plant, but we don't know which throw it's from. But...

Let's assume we don't like Scott (from back in the day, due to his legal issues, maybe he sucks to play with, although one would think that PB would win that title, whatever.)

Let's assume he was loose with the plant foot and lie all tournament long.

We wait until the final round, and then call multiple foot faults until he is out of the running???

Wow. This is BS, embarrassing and laughable. With all the criticism levied against chuckers, bros, live coverage, live commentary, etc etc, around professionalism and growing the sport, the fact that this went down like this is the most damaging indictment against disc golf in its current format, except only those that follow Pro will know about it.

The fact that a PDGA official was present, makes me cry 'Conspiracy!' and I am not prone to conspiracy theories. But having the guy with the current legal issues win Worlds certainly wouldn't play well, at least to the minds of the PDGA.

So we hold up an entire field to wait on a late player*, and we foot-fault a player out of contention. The PDGA should be embarrassed. Professional, indeed.

BTW, there is a visible (uncalled) foot fault from an MPO player in CCDG's coverage, where the player definitely improved his lie due to the angle of shot he was forced to take.

*All respect to Sarah, I was rooting for her all the way, but YOU CAN'T HOLD UP A ROUND FOR ANYONE REGARDLESS OF THE SITUATION! THE LEADER, NO LESS. WOW WOW WOW

Latest posts