• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Pro Worlds

Just a quick clip of Brinster's smash on 12, and almost eagle up. Stu and I have to get up at 4 am to catch flights so the Moraine round is a no go for tomorrow. We're working on the victory lap instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmHLXWyJNeU&

Thank You for all you guys have done. Your coverage and commentary is second to none. Much Appreciated! Fly Safe.

I know! Let's combine two different things that have NOTHING to do with each other.

If YOU want DG to stay a small, underground sport, Congrats Bruh. But, at this point, most involved don't, including the folks that make your discs, film the Tourneys, or have a passion for the sport. For something to do more than just exist, it has to grow. Those like you that try and stunt that growth with your constant negative connotations honestly make me sick. Take up water polo, or Bingo.
I've never tried to stunt the growth and until today have wanted it to go mainstream. Nice try bruh. I still do want growth, but I was just thinking about some of the negatives because of some people's complaining about coverage and it has me questioning it. If you guys have ever watched a mainstream sporting event you'd know most announcers are brain dead. Local announcers can be really good though. Just my thoughts bruh, quit acting like a victim to them.

Nikko Made Our Day! CCDG, too!

My daughter has watched disc golf videos with me on Youtube for several years and Nikko Locastro is her favorite player. I was planning on going to Worlds alone. But she asked me if he would be there. When I said yes, she said that she wanted to go. So she and I followed the lead MPO card through all 18 holes of round 5 on Friday.

Nikko was having a bit of a rough round, mainly with missing some (for him) make-able putts. But after he made a sweet birdie on #17, he saw her standing beside the green, holding up her NIKKO sign. He gave her a big smile and a thumbs up. Then he said to her "That makes my day. Thank you."

After the round, he signed her disc and was also nice enough to let us take this pic. He made sure that they had the sign and disc in the picture with them!

After a long round of golf, even after playing less than his best, he was still very kind to us. Way to go, Nikko!

You made our great day even better! Thank you.

picture.php

You can also look for our cameo in the CCDG coverage of round 5. Ian mentions my daughter after Nikko's drive on #3 in the part 1 coverage. Then on part 2 they show her (us) with her sign during the hole #16 coverage!

Finally, a big thank you to Ian and Stu from CCDG. We met them in the parking lot right as we got to Moraine. They didn't freak out at all when I addressed them by saying "Hey, Central Coast Disc Golf guys." They were awesome in humoring my DG Nerd/Fan Boy addiction. They even gave us some viewing tips.

My daughter and I had a great time. Nikko and CCDG both played a big part in it.

Thanks, again, guys.

Jim

AWESOME! I saw her in the CCDG video and Nikko interacting with her! That is really cool she made his day and I am Sure he made hers. Good for him and her. :)

Get that announcer out of there. "Crazy" ought to change his name to Creepy. Breathing into the microphone, constantly whispering over the shoulders of players as they were throwing, and providing the absolute worst commentary I've ever heard. He had nothing to say about disc golf besides nonsensical ramblings that were neither informative nor entertaining. It was embarrassing for world championship coverage. His interviews were a joke. Also he sounds like Tom Waits gargling hot asphalt.

Just my two cents, though. Apparently some people are into that.

Agreed. Made me cringe to think of peeps new to the sport tuning into this event for the first time. :eek:

My daughter has watched disc golf videos with me on Youtube for several years and Nikko Locastro is her favorite player. I was planning on going to Worlds alone. But she asked me if he would be there. When I said yes, she said that she wanted to go. So she and I followed the lead MPO card through all 18 holes of round 5 on Friday.

Nikko was having a bit of a rough round, mainly with missing some (for him) make-able putts. But after he made a sweet birdie on #17, he saw her standing beside the green, holding up her NIKKO sign. He gave her a big smile and a thumbs up. Then he said to her "That makes my day. Thank you."

After the round, he signed her disc and was also nice enough to let us take this pic. He made sure that they had the sign and disc in the picture with them!

After a long round of golf, even after playing less than his best, he was still very kind to us. Way to go, Nikko!

picture.php

You can also look for our cameo in the CCDG coverage of round 5. Ian mentions my daughter after Nikko's drive on #3 in the part 1 coverage. Then on part 2 they show her (us) with her sign during the hole #16 coverage!

Finally, a big thank you to Ian and Stu from CCDG. We met them in the parking lot right as we got to Moraine. They didn't freak out at all when I addressed them by saying "Hey, Central Coast Disc Golf guys." They were awesome in humoring my DG Nerd/Fan Boy addiction. They even gave us some viewing tips.

My daughter and I had a great time. Nikko and CCDG both played a big part in it.

Thanks, again, guys.

Jim

Just needed to be quoted again. Awesome! :) :)

picture.php

Thanks, again, guys.

Jim
That's awesome! :thmbup:

Get that announcer out of there. "Crazy" ought to change his name to Creepy. Breathing into the microphone, constantly whispering over the shoulders of players as they were throwing, and providing the absolute worst commentary I've ever heard. He had nothing to say about disc golf besides nonsensical ramblings that were neither informative nor entertaining. It was embarrassing for world championship coverage. His interviews were a joke. Also he sounds like Tom Waits gargling hot asphalt.

Just my two cents, though. Apparently some people are into that.

Sportscasters are not known for wit or intelligence. I thought Crazy was entertaining, if a bit verbose, and No Different than the other babbling I've heard in live coverage of disc golf. Live feeds have mute buttons, too.

Worked tonight on putting together 19 new Discraft Chainstars for Moraine! Thanks to Discraft for sponsoring Moraine and providing us with brand new baskets!

They should be installed this week/weekend

They looked, and sounded, awesome! Great work.

It was cool watching the CCDG videos where they show the still shots before each hole. The stills all had the old baskets but, of course, all of the videos had the sweet, new, Chainstars! :clap:

I watched the final round on live stream and all my wife could say is whats wrong with that guy. Really wish they would try someone else for these major events besides discgolfplanet.

So Paige gave Hokom her trophy.

That's just adding insult to injury. Ffs.

Also all that crying and "oh she should have won" after Paiges last putt. If she realy thinks that way, then let her win.

The rules are the rules, it sucks for Sarah, sure, but all that lovy dovy blabbering from somebody who just became world champion gets on my nerves.

That's just adding insult to injury. Ffs.

Also all that crying and "oh she should have won" after Paiges last putt. If she realy thinks that way, then let her win.

The rules are the rules, it sucks for Sarah, sure, but all that lovy dovy blabbering from somebody who just became world champion gets on my nerves.

Wow, way to show a lack of empathy. Take 5 seconds out of your keyboard crusade to maybe put yourself in someone else's shoes? I can't imagine all the emotions PP was going through.