• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Pro Worlds

Was at moraine last night. Fresh mowing and weed wacking have the holes looking awesome.
The tees have fresh skirting, the course is in excellent shape.

This makes too much sense and makes me a little sad. I've gotten over my fear or ordering discs online (still don't like it though) but there is no way I am dumping $100+ on a bag that I haven't tried on yet. I need new gear!

Look for D-town Disc Golf's table. We'll have some Ranger, Latitude and Fossa backpack bags on hand.

Looking for something to do this Sunday night?

7:30 pm Bootsy Collins will be playing a free show at Hartwood Acres. It is close to Deer Lakes and Knob Hill. Beautiful outdoor venue. Don't miss it.

Got to town yesterday and played Deer Lakes. It still has a couple of muddy spots but other than that it is in amazing condition. Love the new Mach X baskets! Off to play Slippery Rock and Moraine today. If you see my caddy and his bright orange hat, say hello.

http://www.pdga.com/media/policy/worlds

The purpose of this policy is to provide a clear and concise set of rules and regulations regarding the way media is handled at the 2015 PDGA Amateur & Junior Disc Golf World Championships in Kalamazoo, MI and the 2015 PDGA Professional Disc Golf World Championships in Pittsburgh, PA. The policy outlines the chain of command in place and the specific roles and tasks that the PDGA, the Host, and the media teams have for each event.
Media Ownership & Responsibilities
PDGA-Owned Majors

The 2015 Am Worlds and 2015 Pro Worlds are both PDGA-owned events. The following PDGA Majors are also PDGA-owned:

Tim Selinske United States Masters Championships
United States Women's Disc Golf Championships
Amateur Disc Golf Doubles World Championships

At PDGA-owned events, the PDGA owns the rights to all event media and also assumes responsibility for the planning and organizing of said media. This is clearly addressed in the agreements signed by the Host.

In layman's terms, the PDGA assumes the role of all media planning for PDGA-owned events. Media outlets must coordinate with the PDGA prior to filming and/or photographing the event and must complete the 2015 PDGA NT/Major Media Credentials Request Form.
Required Media Credentials

All entities that require access to the course(s) and/or the players during the competition must first electronically sign and submit the 2015 PDGA NT/Major Media Credentials Request Form on PDGA.com. When submitted, the request will be reviewed by the PDGA Media Manager and shared with the Host.

These credentials allow those that are approved "inside-the-ropes" access before, during, and after the competition. All parties inside the ropes without media credentials (excluding players and caddies) will be directed to leave the area either by tournament staff or PDGA representatives.
In cases where no roped-off area exists, the Host and on-site PDGA staff will work to ensure that the approved media teams are not being interfered with by non-credentialed members of the gallery.

Members of approved media teams will be able to pick up their media passes from the Host at player check-in or tournament central. The passes must be displayed in some manner at all times during the event, visible to the Host, the PDGA, other media teams, and the gallery.

The 2015 PDGA NT/Major Media Credentials Request Form includes terms of engagement that must be read and agreed to prior to submitting the form.
Video Hierarchy
1. Live Streaming Video

The PDGA has right of first refusal for live streaming video at any PDGA-owned event and/or PDGA National Tour event. If the PDGA chooses not to bring in a media partner for live streaming, the right of refusal is then passed on to the Host. Live streaming teams should be given exclusive access to a pre-selected group or groups of players, e.g. the lead and chase MPO cards. The Host/PDGA may also choose to have additional media teams in place on the same group(s) as long as they do not interfere with the live streaming team.
2015 Am Worlds

No live streaming video partner has been secured for the 2015 Amateur & Junior Disc Golf World Championships. However, the PDGA has contracted The Disc Golf Guy to provide post-produced video coverage for the rounds on Friday July 24th and Saturday July 25th. As a PDGA partner, they will have exclusive access to the players/cards of their choosing.
2015 Pro Worlds

The PDGA has contracted DiscGolfPlanet.TV for live streaming video of the 2015 Pro Worlds. DiscGolfPlanet.TV will be given exclusive access to the players/cards of their choosing, but we will allow a select few additional media teams to film for post-production videos, assuming they can do so without interfering with the DiscGolfPlanet.TV cameras and crew.
2. Post-Production Video

Media teams that wish to film at either the 2015 Am Worlds or the 2015 Pro Worlds need to sign and complete the 2015 PDGA NT/Major Media Credentials Request Form. If approved, they will either be given an all-access pass or they will be given a list of open categories (division-based lead cards, courses, etc) that have not been designated to a live streaming team or a post-production team with exclusive rights.
Video Requirements

All video produced during the 2015 PDGA Pro and Am Worlds must met the following criteria.
Intro

The following information should be displayed in some way during the intro for both live streaming video and post-production video:

Event name
Date(s)
Course name
Player names (with their PDGA numbers)
This applies to round coverage videos, highlight reels, and player interviews.

PDGA Promotional Material

The PDGA will provide official digital renderings of the PDGA logo as well as a 30-second PDGA commercial for the media teams upon approval of a credentials request. The logo and commercial should be included in the following ways, at minimum:

A PDGA bug must appear on screen during the intro, presentation of the scores after individual holes, and/or presentation of the overall scores.
The 30-second PDGA commercial should be run once for each full hour of video.
Example - A live broadcast of 4 hours and 35 minutes should run the commercial a total of four times at minimum.
Example - A post-production video of 1 hour and 20 minutes should run the commercial a total of one time at minimum.

Miscellaneous Requirements

All use of foul language and/or any other inappropriate material must be edited out of the footage for the final published version.
Post-production videos should be edited and published in the amount of time agreed upon when filling out the credentials request.
Links to videos must be provided to the PDGA Media Manager.
Live Broadcasts: Send link(s) to PDGA Media Manager as soon as they are available prior to the start of the broadcast.
Post-Production: Send links to PDGA Media Manager as soon as the video is published and made available to the public.

Looking for something to do this Sunday night?

7:30 pm Bootsy Collins will be playing a free show at Hartwood Acres. It is close to Deer Lakes and Knob Hill. Beautiful outdoor venue. Don't miss it.

Bootsy!!!!
bootsy-fa-0a236a00a27e682eed7c121e1f0454d4be5adee0.jpg

Alan Beaver relayed notice of a bridge washed out on the way to Deer Lakes requiring a lengthy detour. Can anyone clarify the location of said bridge so more of us can have an alternate plan?

Also, he said there are multiple entrances to the park and no signs for disc golf (Alan is a stickler for Major prep)

Waze. Shows a road out on saxonburg Blvd. Where it crosses 76. That is probably the bridge he is referencing.
I don't go that way to deer lakes so I can't verify.
I can't speak for signage.

Man I wish I could be in my original hometown for all this disc golf awesomeness. Yall have a blast out there :(

not sure why Saxonburg blvd. would be used, especially the portion that crosses the PA turnpike were said bridge is out. Use these directions...

From PA Turnpike I-76:

Harmar exit 48 toward Cheswick/Springdale on Freeport Road. LEFT at Pearl Ave. traffic light. Up hill 1.3 miles. Straight through 4-way intersection then 3.1 miles on Little Deer Creek Road through one lane tunnel, 2.2 miles into Russellton, then RIGHT at 1st Commonwealth Bank. Quick .1 mile under railroad, then LEFT into Deer Lakes Park Main entrance. Follow road .5 miles, then RIGHT into Entrance #1. Park in upper end of Blue Gill parking lot.

From Rt. 28:

Exit 12 Cheswick/Springdale turn RIGHT, then RIGHT on Russellton/Little Deer Creek Road. 3.1 miles through one lane tunnel, 2.2 miles into Russellton, then RIGHT at 1st Commonwealth Bank. Quick .1 mile under railroad, then LEFT into Deer Lakes Park Main entrance. Follow road .5 miles, then turn RIGHT into Entrance #1. Park in upper end of Blue Gill parking lot.

Signage will be posted tomorrow and/or Saturday morning.

2015 Pro Worlds Livestream Schedule on DiscGolfPlanet.TV

Sunday, August 2nd

9:00am-4:00pm
•Field Events at Moraine State Park

Monday, August 3rd

6:00pm-9:00pm
•Disc Golf Workshop 01: History of the disc golf featuring Jim Palmeri #023
•Opening Ceremonies at the Heinz History Center

Tuesday, August 4th

8:30am-12:30pm
•Open Women's division (Round 1) at Moraine State Park
1:30pm-5:30pm
•Open division (Round 1) at Moraine State Park
7:00pm-8:00pm
•Disc Golf Workshop 02: All Aspects of Sponsorship, Explained

Wednesday, August 5th

•Open Masters division (Round 3) at Moraine State Park
•Open division (Round 3) at Slippery Rock
•Disc Golf Workshop 03: Manufacturers Corner featurng Steve Rico #4666 & Bamba Rico #4667 of Legacy Discs

Thursday, August 6th

•Open Masters & Open Women's divisions (Round 4) at Slippery Rock
•Disc Golf Workshop 04: Importance of PDGA featuring Matt Gregoire #28647 (PDGA Media Manager)
8:00pm-9:00pm
•Disc Golf Hall of Fame Induction Ceremonies

Friday, August 7th

•Open division (Round 5) at Moraine State Park
•Open Grandmasters division (Round 5) at Moraine State Park
•Disc Golf Workshop 05: Who are disc golfers? (Demographics Survey)

Saturday, August 8th

8:00am-12:00pm
•Open division (Semifinals) at Moraine State Park

1:00pm
•Open division Final 9 at Slippery Rock

No cell signal at Deer Lakes, so there wont be any live coverage from there, but it is strange that there is nothing from Knob.

Also, Barry isn't playing this year?

No cell signal at Deer Lakes, so there wont be any live coverage from there, but it is strange that there is nothing from Knob.

Also, Barry isn't playing this year?

Open isn't playing Knob at all. Masters lead pool (C) is there on Tuesday and the Women are there on Wednesday. Since it's a ways away from SR and Moraine, if they were to broadcast at all from Knob, it would pretty much have to be an all day thing with one division or the other. Can understand not wanting to do that.

coverage of the second and even third cards would be nice.

with so many great players it only pays due respect.

A public service announcement that I'm sure some people would be interested in. If you are not from Pennsylvania, you may be confused on how to buy alcohol in the state.

If you want to buy beer, you have two options; a six pack shop or a beer distributor. A six pack shop is generally a bottle shop and sells beer up to 12 packs. You are legally only allowed to buy 192 oz of beer at the six pack shops per visit, so you will need to physically leave the store and come back in if you want to buy more than 16 bottles. If you want cases of beer or kegs, you can purchase those at a beer distributor.

If you want liquor or wine, you need to go to a state owned liquor store. They only sell liquor and wine there and no beer. The local grocery store, Giant Eagle, has started to sell both beer and liquor, but these parts of the store are essentially different stores. So you need to go to the beer portion for 6 packs and pay there, then you can go over to the liquor and wine section to pay for your liquor, and then you can go shopping for groceries in the rest of the store.

Oh, also you can't buy alcohol before 11am on Sundays...

Field Events

Anyone know what times the field events start? I know they say 9-4, but what time exactly or roundabouts? Driving comp? putting comp? Thanks for any info provided.

Latest posts