• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Pro Worlds

Just a quick clip of Brinster's smash on 12, and almost eagle up. Stu and I have to get up at 4 am to catch flights so the Moraine round is a no go for tomorrow. We're working on the victory lap instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmHLXWyJNeU&

I watched that drive from about 1/2 way down the hill. I was with Red who competed in Senior Grand Masters and we both went HOLY SH*T!!! As that disc kept on going, going going. And then almost nailing his 100 foot upshot for a Duece, that is one of the most amazing holes I have ever seen!

Rick G

As crazy as Scott seems to be I feel like he handled that situation pretty well. Looks like Climo and Brown are still in high school bullying the kid with the funky coloured hair. Didn't like brown before and lost respect for Climo. Climo's most recent win should have an *

The fact that a PDGA official was present, makes me cry 'Conspiracy!' and I am not prone to conspiracy theories. But having the guy with the current legal issues win Worlds certainly wouldn't play well, at least to the minds of the PDGA.

What does the PDGA official being present have to do with anything? Marshals are instructed not to actively make calls because it is the players' job to do so...so he wasn't the one making the calls at all. He is there to make rulings only when asked by the players to do so, such as a situation where the group can't reach consensus and, absent the marshal, would have to use provisionals to bring to the TD after the round.

As for the "conspiracy" of not wanting Stokely to win...he was already 5+ throws behind the leaders before the foot fault calls began. It's not like he was leading and someone panicked at the thought. Besides, if the PDGA really wanted to keep a guy with legal issues from winning Worlds, they could have simply suspended him after the arrest. They've done it before with other members who were arrested away from the disc golf course. By no means am I saying they should have...just that if the concern was that Stokely could win, they could have prevented it far sooner than the last five holes of the semi-finals.

What does the PDGA official being present have to do with anything? Marshals are instructed not to actively make calls because it is the players' job to do so...so he wasn't the one making the calls at all. He is there to make rulings only when asked by the players to do so, such as a situation where the group can't reach consensus and, absent the marshal, would have to use provisionals to bring to the TD after the round.

As for the "conspiracy" of not wanting Stokely to win...he was already 5+ throws behind the leaders before the foot fault calls began. It's not like he was leading and someone panicked at the thought. Besides, if the PDGA really wanted to keep a guy with legal issues from winning Worlds, they could have simply suspended him after the arrest. They've done it before with other members who were arrested away from the disc golf course. By no means am I saying they should have...just that if the concern was that Stokely could win, they could have prevented it far sooner than the last five holes of the semi-finals.

He was there to like make sure the 'plan' was enacted, man.

I'm aware of the officials' role in a tourney, but thanks for clearing that up. The conspiracy angle of my post was mostly a joke.

What legal issues?

Check out Scott's FB page...he's facing some felony charges in OH for possession of some substances that shall not be named on DGCR.

Money (like from placing high at Worlds) will most likely cause those charges to be drastically reduced or go away completely.

The main issue with the video is its from a terrible angle. It's very hard to tell. Very.

Apparently, Climo was called on the next hole for a foot fault as well. I think it's weird he (Scott) didn't measure or step off his run up on the next throws even after they said he wasn't close enough to his mini.

What legal issues?

Scott's personal issues in another state. It's been talked about in other threads.
If the PDGA official is not to be involved then why is he there? He was called up by someone. He seconded the FF call and I believe he called a FF on someone else that day.
I'm all for fair play but .....

Scott's personal issues in another state. It's been talked about in other threads.
If the PDGA official is not to be involved then why is he there? He was called up by someone. He seconded the FF call and I believe he called a FF on someone else that day.

He's there to be involved if he's needed and his assistance/ruling is requested by the group. Otherwise he's observing just like everyone else in the gallery and he's also free to move on to other groups in the same capacity. Tournament officials, be they staff, spotters, scorekeepers, or PDGA marshals, are specifically instructed not to actively make calls. That's the job of the players in the group unless they request assistance with a ruling.

There is no way that the PDGA marshal was the one making or seconding foot fault calls in that group.

It sounds like (and I wasn't there) that he got wind of some potential shenanigans and got there to watch them finish. It also sounds like he made a point to call another player to give himself the appearance of subjectivity.

The tournement is over, so there really isn't anything to be done about this from a results standpoint. But I think the situation needs further investigation and the pdga needs to consider disciplinary action if anything can be proven. I'm going to be sending some emails to the pdga about this.

Hats off to Scott for handling a crazy situation really well in the moment. That was very classy

It sounds like (and I wasn't there) that he got wind of some potential shenanigans and got there to watch them finish. It also sounds like he made a point to call another player to give himself the appearance of subjectivity.

The tournement is over, so there really isn't anything to be done about this from a results standpoint. But I think the situation needs further investigation and the pdga needs to consider disciplinary action if anything can be proven. I'm going to be sending some emails to the pdga about this.

Hats off to Scott for handling a crazy situation really well in the moment. That was very classy
How'd he handle the situation classy? Lizotte handled it classy. Scott kind of was being a little smart about it.

And seriously? Calling someone else on a foot fault so he can say well, see, I called someone else. Man, people must really dislike Scott. Lol

On an aside AGAIN, Carlos Rigby is the only senior legend of the three entered, that's scheduled to play tomorrow in the finals . . . wtf? If you're the only competitor in the finals can't we assume you've won and hand you the trophy/cash/etc.? What am I missing? Yay!! :)

You seem to be missing the joy of playing, the honor of making the finals and the disappointment to the throngs of fans waiting of her final round.

Ken got in trouble for the same stuff as scott and went on to win masters world championships.

http://www.themillennews.com/news/2013-05-15/Front_Page/MPD_arrests_two_on_drug_charges.html

Too bad it's too late to delete the conspiracy portion of my post...I didn't want to call out Climo for the foot fault debacle, because I thought that would garner too many negative reactions...The conspiracy part was a joke and a way to point out many people already view Scott in an unfavorable light. Keep up here people.

And FWIW, Stokely is not 'The Champ'. Golden boys in 'Professional' sports are usually given a little bit of leeway. Until recently anyway. Sorry Pats fans. Although A-Rod mysteriously playing better than ever at age 40 after multiple years of injuries and doping, is certainly being overlooked.

Last edited:
Scott handled it like a complete push over !! Show some guts and stand up to a complete BS call !! Not once but over n over again !!! There's no way you can make that call over n over again penalizing them, standing over 30' directly behind the player unless that player is a complete wuss!

Scott handled it like a complete push over !! Show some guts and stand up to a complete BS call !! Not once but over n over again !!! There's no way you can make that call over n over again penalizing them, standing over 30' directly behind the player unless that player is a complete wuss!

Uli would have argued until the call was reversed lol

Sportscasters are not known for wit or intelligence. I thought Crazy was entertaining, if a bit verbose, and No Different than the other babbling I've heard in live coverage of disc golf. Live feeds have mute buttons, too.
You can't rationalize that guy's ridiculous commentary, though. Once he did his Simon Lizotte impression he should have been taken off the broadcast. Yea it's silly but it's uncalled for and offensive. When have you ever heard a broadcaster mimic someone's accent? He just sounded like an idiot. Plus the fact that he never shut up for 5 seconds, somehow finding a way to fill every break with pointless drivel.

Everyone here is always pulling their pud over "growing the sport" but if you really want that to happen then you need to act like a professional. I'm sure any newcomers who watched that broadcast were scratching their heads as to why this guy was doing the commentary. Yes, I did mute it because it was so incredibly bad. I really enjoy the commentary by the guys at CCDG, they are good and they don't sound like they've been drinking bleach for the better part of their lives.

Also what's the rule for foot faults? I watched that Stokely video but I don't really know the exact rules for that sort of thing. It looks like he has some issues with his balance.

Also what's the rule for foot faults? I watched that Stokely video but I don't really know the exact rules for that sort of thing. It looks like he has some issues with his balance.

The rules are online and easily accessible.

B. When the disc is released, a player must:
1. Have at least one supporting point that is in contact with the lie; and,
2. Have no supporting point in contact with the marker disc or any object (including the playing surface) closer to the target than the rear edge of the marker disc; and,
3. Have all supporting points in-bounds.​

The calls on Stokely were because he wasn't fulfilling #1.

You can't rationalize that guy's ridiculous commentary, though. Once he did his Simon Lizotte impression he should have been taken off the broadcast. Yea it's silly but it's uncalled for and offensive. When have you ever heard a broadcaster mimic someone's accent?

True story:

I was watching a college football game on ABC a few years ago. They were doing a promo for an Indy car race when one of the announcers asked "Where's Juan Pablo Montoya?" and the other guy (maybe Jim Nance?) responded "I think he's hiding in a burrito". Yeah, that was a bit over the top and unnecessary, but life goes on. Point being, announcers who spend hours talking often say ridiculous things. Too bad for you if you can't find the humor in it.

What I'm taking away from this is that Scott (who several tried to run through the mud on here over his legal issues) and Sarah (who is a champ in more ways than one) both have more class in their pinky fingers than many who spend their days racking up posts on DGCR. Off to the course...

Latest posts