• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 United States Disc Golf Championship

Very professional, top notch Insider Show - USDGC 2015 Day 1 Recap. Great job Terry and Crew. The interviews were exceptional, especially with Paige.

Would've been great to see some footage here. Sure we get a "Sights and Sounds" segment(which is actually just "sights," no "sounds" as there is just a backing track) which showed a handful of missed putts and Nikko punching the ground, but that's it.

We get to see the new "Metrix," which is a number system that tells us how they shot without actually seeing how they shot. I guess that's....better? Somehow? Right?

The interviews were great, though would've liked more from players in the event. I love Paige, love her game and mentality, but she's not playing in the event. Would rather have heard from Paul, or defending champion Will, or Eagle, or Sexton, or Barsby.

Would really have loved to see the show start with the ace on one, but since it was only caught on a cell phone(to my knowledge thus far), I'm glad they didn't.

I loved the metrx. I've always wanted to see disc golf greens in regulation and putting % stats. Stoked to have that. I don't think they had much in the way of good footage to use. They had cameras out there, if they couldn't come up with better stuff I'm betting it's cuz they didn't have any.

Not gonna lie, I really enjoyed that they showed like 3 Nikko missed putts. That made me laugh.

Keep in mind we will have at least 2 rounds of footage from today soon and maybe three (hatchet harry, we are rooting for ya!)

I think the metrix are great. Sure, there could be even more information, like the distance of each putt? Some added video would also benefit the stats.

You can see from the stats that - surprisingly - it was not Wills putting that got him this time.

The interview, while done well, seemed a little off-topic. This is the USDGC, and they still talk about Worlds...? I actually tuned about while they were talking about her brother and dad and whatnot...

Anyone have any insight into Will's 'struggles' this year?

Hard to knock one of the top players in the game, but I enjoy the Prodigy/Innova rivalry, real or imagined, and it's better when Will is threatening...besides the BSF, it seems he hasn't been able to hang around close enough in the big events.

Will's had putting issues for a while now. Go back and watch the Memorial footage. It's fairly painful. It's like he doesn't even trust himself to release the shot.

im liking the spinTV stuff. im not gonna "woulda, coulda, shoulda" here. forever there was little to nothing. this is def. better than "follow the dots". any and all footage is a bonus. thanx to all for the effort......btw, during Paige's interview, every time there's a hat change, you drink:)

Last edited:
My friend Justin McLuen got a 3 on #13 -- it's a Par 7 on his scorecard, so that was -4 on that hole. It was the only 3 on #13 in the Performance Flight, and I believe the only 3 on #13 all day. He went roller off the tee, then a huge flex shot over the parking lot plus a skip, then made a 45-foot putt. Good show.

Oh, for sure. I'm talking about a big shot over the water that just crashes into the trees and happens to end up on the green. The trees actually probably help in that regard. The in-bounds green is small enough that there's no skill in actually hitting it on the fly. But I still give the biggest throwers better than 1:100 chance of making it and landing safely....given the correct wind.

Brasky has done it.

Attachments

• brasky usdgc.jpg
    brasky usdgc.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 65
I still don't understand why these guys blow up their rounds on the drive on 13. Throw a forehand or turnover. Worst case, you leave it out left and play with the additional hazard stroke. The RHBH drive just introduces so much risk and randomness (parking lot curbs and tees besides the actual curb and treeline) and you lose all of the distance if it doesn't get IB.

Will's had putting issues for a while now. Go back and watch the Memorial footage. It's fairly painful. It's like he doesn't even trust himself to release the shot.

The metrix stats disagree with you and others blaming his putting, at least for this round. I asked for insight, not rote criticism.

Anyone ever check out Will's Instagram? McBeth posts slo-mo footage, Will posts slo-mo footage. McBeth posts about hitting the gym, Will posts about not needing the gym...

I think BSF and Worlds might have got into Will's head just a little bit.

Also he got engaged recently, maybe he's just distracted by life.

Is there Metrix info somewhere, specifically definitions? What are they defining to be a "putt"? What are they defining to be a "Green Hit"? I can guess all day, but I'd rather see the official definition from them.

Live scoring still sucks...missing scores on holes, but showing round scores...dumb...so much for fixing after the first day. They're probably trying to use a third party software with easier scoring/entry...but not worth whatever benefit they thought it had so far.

Live scoring still sucks...missing scores on holes, but showing round scores...dumb...so much for fixing after the first day. They're probably trying to use a third party software with easier scoring/entry...but not worth whatever benefit they thought it had so far.

All of the holes scores from yesterday got fixed at some point. No mores 2's on hole 5 that i can find.

Interesting the "Live Leaderboard" is showing hole-by-hole scores for lots of players --- and not just every 6 holes. The data looked correct 2 minutes ago, but now it's all fritzed with missing scores and whatnot.

I still don't understand why these guys blow up their rounds on the drive on 13. Throw a forehand or turnover. Worst case, you leave it out left and play with the additional hazard stroke. The RHBH drive just introduces so much risk and randomness (parking lot curbs and tees besides the actual curb and treeline) and you lose all of the distance if it doesn't get IB.

A lot of guys do that and still take big numbers.