• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 United States Disc Golf Championship

It's now day 3, and all we've gotten to see is one round of a 3-man card. :(

REALLLLLLY looking forward to watching some live streaming disc golf!

I am kinda bummed about the time frame that the condensed round coverage has been released.

I was expecting to see at least one new vid this morning come up? :confused:

I know according to Jussi "we" are not the target audience ( has he ever clarified who is? ) and dont matter :confused:.

This is definitely the American Tourney of the year and I guess my "entitlement" as some call it, make me impatient to see Americas best disc golf to end the season.

We cant help it as players and fans we just want to see some Frisbees fly :D!

Now back to the important stuff!

Lets go Nate Doss, I have said all year he is due for another big win. Dude has been solid.

Nate Sexton has crushed it for the past two days...back to back 59's is no joke. Maybe touring/traveling/practicing with the Beast this year has a very positive effect?

I would like to see Cameron finish up there as well, I guess all the Southern National play and his move to Lat64 has primed him for the big time :clap:!

Will the Beast Mode be activated today? Can Paul take it down the on his 7th try?

Last edited:
You guys are too stuck in the Spot to see the Sport, brahs.

For anyone who witnessed Jussi's posts around the St Jude's criticism and Euro Open criticism, he basically said he doesn't care about 'us' ie the 3000-6000 that tune in to live coverage when it's available.

He even presented fancy infographics (http://www.opendiscgolf.com/2015/07/...aves-in-media/) of social media hits and other media saturation for the EO.

He's basically limiting coverage and access to boost the numbers of hits on social (and other) media to be able to present that info to future sponsors and the like. And by limiting the live coverage until the final 2 days, he's trying to max out the numbers that will eventually tune in.

Not saying I agree with it, not saying I'm a Jussi fan, not saying I will bother to watch another awkward Insider Show, just saying he's trying something here, and, after all, he's got a 'five year plan'.

*Edited re-post from other thread.

Anyone notice nate sexton miss the tee on one of the shots along the building? He releases and only runs up the sidewalk part then off to the right.

Too lazy to find point in video but it was an :eek: moment.

I think you're referring to Dana Vicich in the round 1 video, not Sexton. Hole 14. The sidewalk is part of the tee there. There is a slightly different color on the part of the sidewalk that is also tee. The edge is also determined by the line in the sidewalk.

Attachments

• vicich-tee14usdgc.jpg
    vicich-tee14usdgc.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 71
after all, he's got a 'five year plan'.

507630fe036ac.jpeg

Ahh Yes Dana...i figured that whole surface would be fine just looked really bad when i saw it and seems wrong to be able to throw from there.

Whoa I didn't know you could throw from the sidewalk. I've made that throw 100 times and never questioned how far right the actual tee extends. Odd.

I don't mind the idea of the Insider Show, but the execution leaves something to be desired. It is coming off like low quality college broadcast. Also JT, if you are going to wear a shirt and tie, don't roll up the sleeves. I know that is nitpicking, but it is just an example of the amateur quality of the broadcasts. Maybe I am not the target audience, but if I were a "casual viewer" and happened to find this, I would be turned off by the quality and it would color my opinion of disc golf as a whole. I know this is still disc golf media in its infancy and there are growing pains to go through. The real sin here is not that the broadcast is painful to watch (which it is), but that it is boring. Getting eyeballs is not the hard part, you have to keep them and get them coming back for more.

Personally, I would love the insider show to go through the Innova place down there... and show a behind the scenes look. Heck, maybe show us what they expect to be collectible. Maybe the stamping process. Maybe the testing process. Maybe how they select the good discs from the factory store seconds.

NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR A 15 MINUTE INTERVIEW! That was boring and tedious to watch.

Maybe we're not getting round video for the same unspoken reason they alienated lcgm8. Sure would be nice to have a reason for the delay after claiming at least two videos per round.

Better check this one Mike:
"
48: The total number of birdies shot during the second round by all competitors. No disc golfer carded an eagle or better.
"

The top 6 players had 49 birdies and 2 eagles.

The top 10 players were -58 in the 2nd round.

Thanks for catching that grodney. I have replaced that stat with a new number.

Mike

Also, if you're going to alienate and monopolize all the footage from all world events going forward you better provide way more footage than what you have now.

Also, if you're going to alienate and monopolize all the footage from all world events going forward you better provide way more footage than what you have now.

What is the incentive to actually offer more? It costs more money to film more, but the viewership is not going to be much higher either way. What we are used to are different teams footing the bill for what they film and in return, they get views on their video channels. Are the groups filming USDGC going to be able to benefit from those views if everything comes out of SpinTV channel? I am not sure what compensation the filming teams are getting, but if it isn't worth their time, the whole Spin18 goal will fail when they don't have enough people to film the next tourney.

Im predicting a big push from the chase group plus some low scores. Way too many good players stuck at 9 down. Also, Looks like a storm is coming in late tonight, maybe wind picks up a little bit? Tomorrow might be interesting too.

Oh my heck with this live scoring. They're doing hole-by-hole for at least the lead card, but they're putting over/under numbers in each hole, instead of the actual score! So additionally, we have no idea if it's over/under course par or their adjusted par, and whatnot.

Latest posts