• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green April 22-24 Bowling Green, KY

Openings in Recreational Men, and Sr. GM Men, as well as all women divisions.

Players will be add from the wait list after the March ratings update to expand each pool to 90 players, so MA1 and MA2 have room to grow on the wait list. If you are beyond 7 or 8 on the MM1 or GM wait list and want to play consider playing another division.

Holiday Inn is one of the sponsor hotels

Again this year one of the best centralized hotels in BG have signed up as a sponsor.

The Holiday Inn University Plaza is in walking distance of BW3 and Double Dogs . . . near Nat's Outdoor Sports.

1021 Wilkinson Trace
Bowling Green, Kentucky 42103

www.HIBowlingGreen.com

270-745-0088

chalybeate

i havent played chalybeate course and to me wth all the o.bs that it doesnt look very friendly to a bh lefty.. is this course not as bad as it reads? i realize most holes are short but it seams that all the ob are on the right side where all my shots fade.

i havent played chalybeate course and to me wth all the o.bs that it doesnt look very friendly to a bh lefty.. is this course not as bad as it reads? i realize most holes are short but it seams that all the ob are on the right side where all my shots fade.

Definitely not as bad as it reads. They were just declaring all the possible OB's, but most of them would take a really extraordinary screw up to put the OB in play. I've only played it a few times (also being from out of town), but if I recall correctly, the only hole that will give a lefty more concern than a righty would be hole two, where the rhbh fade line is natural along the woods. Never even worried about the path.

...now, that's not to say the shorties along the hillside aren't a little gut-wrenching for everybody, but the course will reward all players with a number of ace runs and deuce opportunities.

Definitely not as bad as it reads. They were just declaring all the possible OB's, but most of them would take a really extraordinary screw up to put the OB in play. I've only played it a few times (also being from out of town), but if I recall correctly, the only hole that will give a lefty more concern than a righty would be hole two, where the rhbh fade line is natural along the woods. Never even worried about the path.

...now, that's not to say the shorties along the hillside aren't a little gut-wrenching for everybody, but the course will reward all players with a number of ace runs and deuce opportunities.

I would agree, holes 2 and 3 would be tough for a lefty backhand. Otherwise it won't be that big of an issue, and like sisy said OB isn't that big of an issue.

Tentatively planning a trip March 19 to practice Chalybeate, Preston Miller, Basil Griffin, & Franklin. Does anyone know of any course conflicts that day? I know there have been some warm-up tournaments the past couple of years, but I haven't seen anything about those this year . . .

Tentatively planning a trip March 19 to practice Chalybeate, Preston Miller, Basil Griffin, & Franklin. Does anyone know of any course conflicts that day? I know there have been some warm-up tournaments the past couple of years, but I haven't seen anything about those this year . . .

Yeah the Hills is on Sat (Yakis, Lovers) and the Woods is on Sunday (miller, hobson)

Thanks! Not sure how I missed that series announcement this year.

That schedule is good & confusing though - lists The Hills & The Woods as Sat/Sun Mar 18/19, but the 18/19 is Fri/Sat, not Sat/Sun . . . and the other four are May 14/15 & Jun 11/12, all of which are Sundays somehow. :cool:

LEGACY fund raising disc in stock

The final one of the fund raising discs are in stock - and worth the wait!
Legacy has made a run of 50 of the new Phenom in glow plastic - great feeling and durable - this disc was first run for the Battle of the Aces Legacy events, and is not released in a general run as of yet.

The Phenom is an 8 speed driver with lots of glide. The Phenom does not stray far from the line you release it on. A slight turn in the beginning of its flight and slightly more fade at the end of its flight makes for pinpoint accuracy.

The discs are $25 each - includes shipping in the US.
Weight - 174g

pay pal info and all discs left are located here: http://www.bluegrassdiscgolf.org/BGamDISCS.html

Attachments

• bg 2016 Legecy disc.jpg
    bg 2016 Legecy disc.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 34
Free room....and couches to sleep on

Hey guys just wanted to help out and offer a free room to stay and 3 couches to sleep on if needed. I live 50 min away from the course and willing to car pool if anyone needs it. My email is [email protected] or you can text or call me @ 208-316-5639

Three free nights at Holiday Inn University Plaza

Yes - true! One of the top hotel properties in the area - the Holiday Inn University Plaza has decided to hold a putting contest for the players who register through their booking site or by calling the hotel at 270-745-0088 and mentioning booking block code BG6.

The link to book: (click here)

You must already be booked in the room to compete in the putting contest -set up around the big indoor atrium and including one shot from the second floor. A meet and greet will be at the same time for booked guest at the bar by the contest - with a drink ticket planned to et you started. The contest will be Thursday evening from 7 to 8 with the room free for Thursday - Sunday.

Attachments

• HIUP Logo.jpg
    HIUP Logo.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 5
feel free to comment - I am providing this for Disc Golfer Magazine and I know if I post it here first I will have plenty of spell checkers and comments worth including before the short deadline coming up soon . . . . :

The Courses:

The Rick & Sylvia Voakes Disc Golf Course at White Park 9 (established 1990): The nick name Blowing Green is in full effect on this wide open course with OB trails on each hole, limited elevation and young trees give players the chance to grip and rip here! The 7240 foot par 61 course will be played by recreational and sr. grandmaster men and all women.

I think this got missed in the edit. Isn't White being played by Grandmasters not Senior GM?

Correct Jerry - I corrected that prior to the story thanks to a few good eyes helpingme look overth story.

Does anyone know, or HB if you see this, if the women's divisions will be playing the shorts at Franklin again this year?

All divisions that play the Franklin Course will play the short tees.

With this recent warm weather, Im really starting to get hyped up about the tourney now! Get that practice in!

Latest posts