• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2020 Green Mountain Championship Sept 3-6

Most useful thing I've heard from Nate his when he pointed out where in the mountains Smuggler's Notch is.

It was hard to notice his face, cuz you just couldn't help be focus on those huge, square , red specs.

So was Calvin just rocking those specs for the 1st tee shot? Cuz I haven't seen them since.

Maybe he lost a bet, or Big Jerm put him up to it. That shape of glasses has made a comeback in pro cycling, so maybe he was testing them out. Who knows.

I don't think the rock on #9 was in McBeth's way as much as Nate and Jamie thought, but ...

HUGE drive and putt from KJUSA!

The Blue Donkey getting some free advo...

Insane score spread. . Paige P is 48 throws ahead of Paige S !! . . and Paige S won Worlds here
( and KJ had 37 throws better tham her husband )

How tall is Hailey King? My wife thinks that she is very tall but I think she just looks taller because she is very thin.

Kudos to Hailey for a valiant battle, and mashing it off the tee on #18, even after Paige's tee shot basically closed the door... just a beautiful **** with turn and great flex back.

She basically gave Pierce all she could handle,and given some of her margins of victory, that's really saying something. No one else was even close.

Hope we get to see more of her for years to come.

-----
Re KJUSA: I hope this win helps Kim study his nerves next time he's got a lead in the final round. I honestly think just knowing you've "been there, done that" before can help you handle the situation.

Last edited:
Good on Philo for finishing in the Top 10 among a bunch of young guns.

Calvin's shades reminded me of Jane Badler in V.

eUbWhtq.jpg

hcpoQGK.jpg

Jane wears 'em better. <3

Paige Avg over a 1000 again. .but it´s interesting to see that her Avg is over 50 points better at Fox run than on Brewster

I must say that i think the stats on hole 7 is strange. .

R4. . .6,09Avg. . .74 OBs and only 3 Birdys

The fairway is not THAT small. . 74 OBs is ONE round!!

Surely the best players in the world should be able to throw 350ft+350ft+350ft+180ft drop in?! and hit that fairway..
I just don´t get the gameplan, looks like everybody goes for the Birdy and fails. . .WHY??

I must say that i think the stats on hole 7 is strange. .

R4. . .6,09Avg. . .74 OBs and only 3 Birdys

The fairway is not THAT small. . 74 OBs is ONE round!!

Surely the best players in the world should be able to throw 350ft+350ft+350ft+180ft drop in?! and hit that fairway..
I just don´t get the gameplan, looks like everybody goes for the Birdy and fails. . .WHY??

Two possible explanations:

1. When most courses call a hole a par 5, it really should be a par 4. The TD or designer just wants to see "eagles". Players are accustomed to thinking that on par 5, the score they should expect is 4, so that's what they plan to do. However, on this course all the pars were set correctly to actually be the score an expert would expect (except #6 where players expect a 2), so going for 4 is not a good plan.

2. The fairway is about 85 to 125 feet wide. Call it 100. Players at this level can land their disc within plus or minus 50 feet off-line about two-thirds of the time on a 350-foot throw. A frequently used design principle is that players of the targeted skill level should meet the challenge on each throw about two-thirds of the time. That's where a throw is both fair and challenging. Since it takes three 350-foot throws, each player has a 70% chance (1- .66^3) of going OB at least once.

I'm not sure how much each possible explanation comes into play, but I would bet it's more 2 than 1.

Latest posts