• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green April 22-24 Bowling Green, KY

pretty decent kid isn't a great endorsement to get someone to drive him around all day, lol

Well I don't really like kids so that is about as high a praise as one will get from me. That and the fact that I actually like this kid enough to take him to nearly every tournament I have played the last 8 months really does speak wonders.

Well I don't really like kids so that is about as high a praise as one will get from me. That and the fact that I actually like this kid enough to take him to nearly every tournament I have played the last 8 months really does speak wonders.

you should have said that the first time! lol, I'm just breaking balls

Im pretty sure at this point I'm not gonna be able to go. Just couldn't work out the logistics this year.:(

That sucks:thmbdown: Last year my wife had a gall bladder attack the day before the tourney and I had to withdraw. That really sucked, but this year she cant even moan about me going lol:thmbup:

So all we still know as of now player's pack-wise is the Sail (and can speculate the Knight)? This is my wife and my first year at BG, so I have no idea if this is later than usual for the announcement of what's in the pack. We're pumped to be going!

So all we still know as of now player's pack-wise is the Sail (and can speculate the Knight)? This is my wife and my first year at BG, so I have no idea if this is later than usual for the announcement of what's in the pack. We're pumped to be going!

This is pretty much the drill. I am helping stuff players packs on Tuesday, and will get mine after we're done. I'll post it here and on the Twitter page.

BOWLING GREEN ONE WEEK AWAY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Anyone camping at Bailey's Pointe? We had a gun pulled on us at the KOA when we went to play our practice rounds a few weeks ago. Long story short, our camping neighbor got drunk and destroyed his tent then blamed us for doing it. He went to jail. We changed our camping plans so we don't run into him again!

I have a buddy who is in the last spot of the upper pool in intermediate. Is that set in stone, or is it possible that he could drop to a lower pool, depending on drop outs and the wait list?

BOWLING GREEN ONE WEEK AWAY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Anyone camping at Bailey's Pointe? We had a gun pulled on us at the KOA when we went to play our practice rounds a few weeks ago. Long story short, our camping neighbor got drunk and destroyed his tent then blamed us for doing it. He went to jail. We changed our camping plans so we don't run into him again!

This will be my fifth time camping there for over a week at a time, nothing like that has ever happened. I think you might have jumped the gun, haha, on moving. The entire cabin/tent camping side of the KOA is all golfers, and numerous in campers as well. I don't think you would ever encounter something like that again if you stayed there a hundred times. I have left everything from discs, to my laptop, cameras, tablets, etc in the tent while I was out playing rounds and never had anything missing. You'll be missing out for sure not staying there. I've never even heard of Bailey's Point

I have a buddy who is in the last spot of the upper pool in intermediate. Is that set in stone, or is it possible that he could drop to a lower pool, depending on drop outs and the wait list?

Not 100% positive but I thought I read that he was adding people from the waitlist until april 10th, so I don't think there will be any more shuffling. Again not positive on that though, someone else may know better than me. If you are worried about transportation it is usually easy enough to hitch a ride within your pool if your group is split up and plays different days.

I'm scrambling last minute because something came up and my dad might not be able to make it, thus leaving Joe bo high and dry without a ride down.

A couple options I'm exploring.

He rides down with me and Mandabear and her mom and hangs out with us in Nashville. Not ideal because it would be awkward to hang out with her family for 3 days in Nashville.

He rides down with us and I drop him off in BG on Saturday night - this could work if someone is willing to adopt him until Wednesday, I suppose he could just camp at the KOA and walk to Basil every day... but I'm sure he'd be more game if he could ride with someone and get in on some of the side tourneys and such.

He finds someone else to ride with. My dad could give him a ride, or he could drive himself within a couple hundred miles of Albert Lea, MN (but he doesn't trust his truck enough to drive all the way to BG).

Megabus - 20 some hours on a bus is quite inexpensive, but might drive him insane.

Plane - I'm sure he would struggle with the $200 price tag.

or He rides down with us to somewhere between Milwaukee and Nashville and drop him off with someone who is eventually going to end up in BG.

If anybody thinks they can help out, let me know!

or He rides down with us to somewhere between Milwaukee and Nashville and drop him off with someone who is eventually going to end up in BG.

If anybody thinks they can help out, let me know!

We are camping at Mammoth Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night, then heading to the KOA. You could either drop him off near Mammoth and he can crash those days with us or if he is willing to stay at the KOA we will be in town Saturday playing Lover's Lane and could take him to and from whatever course he wants to play and then we can take care of him from Monday on as well.

We are camping at Mammoth Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night, then heading to the KOA. You could either drop him off near Mammoth and he can crash those days with us or if he is willing to stay at the KOA we will be in town Saturday playing Lover's Lane and could take him to and from whatever course he wants to play and then we can take care of him from Monday on as well.

Ha! I say Friday like that's not tomorrow. Finally, can't wait to hit the road tomorrow evening.

Dynamic Discs Hobson Grove Challenge
Wed and Thurs. before the BG Am Championship.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 26
Friday
at LaGala 601 State Street (plenty of parking in garage near by)
5-7 pm Putting stations set up in Circus Square Park, food trucks invited
DGA Basket Toss - win a basket!
6-6:45 pm Hucker Report Red Carpet introductions of touring pros, manufacture, and vendors
7 - 10 pm Flymart OPEN

no changes in pools or additional players, we are putting the 10 scoreboards together.

As stated above - you are responsible to be at your hole for the tee times . . . the boards will be there idealy 30 minutes before - but if the board is late you will have time to walk to your hole prior to the course official starting you.

There will be one course official on each course - who stays on that course so all calls are the same through the weekend.
The score board is handled by a player / club member who does no officiating, just delivers the board, helps count and post scores, then runs the board to scoring HQ so you can see on in a short period (about an hour after you finish the round) scores and ratings for your pool.

You may need to hit refresh on your browser to see the current schedule . . .. http://www.bluegrassdiscgolf.org/BGamSchedule.html

If you need to drop send an e-mail to hb@bluegrassdiscgolf,org and include your address. We mail your players' package discs.
You can not have others "pick up your stuff" or "check you in" as we need to know from you that you are here.

Hopefully players are getting the daily report - I send out each morning to remind you of activities or anything telse that you might want to know. I try to anticipaye your question and have your answer in your in-box when you get up.

Todays: Weather today: sunny and high of 81, light winds . . . . todays club action is at Chalybeate Springs course - 10:30 doubles, all are welcome to join . . . . Prodigy sends coupon for free hat with the A-2 disc for the players' package, take the coupon to their booth at check-in, flymart, players party, or final 9 to get your hat! . . . Dynamic discs sends boifusion defender for the players' package as well as disc and prizes for the stadium ctp at the players party . . . . Stadium CTP: inside the baseball stadium by the players party Saturday night we will have three CTP stations set up throwing from the stands into the ballfield, you must use the discs supplied by the manufactures to win prizes . . . . more fun!

Latest posts