• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Memorial Championship presented by Discraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, JohnE was late to start the semi-final round and was assessed a par plus 4 penalty for missing the first hole (which based on the results, cost him a chance at the finals). If I were to guess, he probably came running up after his group teed off but wasn't allowed to start the hole even though the group wasn't done. In other words, he didn't get any leniency and the rules were applied properly.

That's not the same as what happened with Paul though, and wouldn't be handled the same way anyway.

At what point should they have stopped waiting for Paul? 1-5 minutes or more?

I'm going to take players names out of the equation and see if it hits anybody differently:

If:
Player A does not approach the tee when it's his turn

Player B counts to 30sec. Player B wants to stroke player A, but is informed that it's a warning for the first infraction. Player B complains about a situation 10 years ago where he believes he was slighted because he took a penalty stroke, and expresses his belief that it should be done to player A in the same manner - otherwise he summarizes that "rules don't apply to everyone".

That's the confusing thing about it, it did not seem that anybody stopped player B from calling the infraction...he just decided not to, and in lieu of that complain. That's where my issue lies. Call the penalty or don't, anything else is head games.

So he never actually called Paul on a violation, just made a big stink about it?
What hole was this on so I can watch it later?

Was impressive though how Mcbeth ran on the tee straight into his drive with out stopping at all and parked it, this is on like hole 15 of the final round and he is tied for the lead. He almost shouldered mcray out of his way while doing it

Internet folk turn quick. People used to really like McCray.

*(And I'm not saying most don't)

Internet folk turn quick. People used to really like McCray.

*(And I'm not saying most don't)

I really like the way johne plays disc golf. He's got a great game. But his attitude on the course isn't great, and this is something I've been picking up on over the last year.

Was impressive though how Mcbeth ran on the tee straight into his drive with out stopping at all and parked it, this is on like hole 15 of the final round and he is tied for the lead. He almost shouldered mcray out of his way while doing it

Agreed. He just chucked it and gave a little smile on his way off the pad. Like a boss.

Not specifically, but I would think it falls under the reasonable time to reach one's lie and being free and clear of distractions and all that. When you gotta go, you gotta go.
Hurm... if you gotta go, you gotta take a penatly. :rolleyes:
Great thing about having written rules is that your opinion of what should be doesn't necessarily apply. The rule is the rule. It's inarguable.

Actually, I think he unravelled at the Ledgstone event too.

Yes, and another tourney (which I can't remember now) last year. When he's doing well or winning he thanks god profusely and counts his blessings, when he screws up, he turns into a pathetic baby.

Yes, and another tourney (which I can't remember now) last year. When he's doing well or winning he thanks god profusely and counts his blessings, when he screws up, he turns into a pathetic baby.

That would be USDGC hole 17

I think the people defending McCray need to watch the video to get a real idea of how ****ty he was being. Here's the part of the stream where he starts counting. Turn the volume up.

Two things...

1) I used to really like John E. This was pretty petty to me. people, including myself, have pointed to the behavior of someone like Nikko Locastro in the past as being poor sportsmanship (which it is) but at least then he's only taking it out on himself. John E McCray just kind of goes on an old man mumble-rant.

I hate passive aggressive people. Hate it. It's the ultimate form of being a wuss. The fact that I did have to turn my volume way up to hear what he is saying shows that he wasn't even man enough to make the call to the group. He just wanted to bitch and moan without actually bringing it up. If you want to say something, say it from your chest like you mean it.

2) Really glad I play mostly wooded courses for tournaments and casual rounds. Sucks for the lady folk, but sometimes it's just good to be a man.

I thought Jon-E had lost his marbles and was reciting a speech from Full Metal Jacket or A Few Good Men :confused:

Major 100% a Dick move on his part, I dont really care for him anyway. Getting too old and crotchety on the course these days ( I say that and I'm 45 :) ) . I guess if he had to play on the card with Philo yesterday he would have stroked out by the third hole...:eek:

That was too funny when Paul got back, grabbed a disc and proceeded throw almost in the same motion...Like A Boss! :clap: That smirk off the tee was priceless :clap:.

Paul better watch out the Sexy is gunning for him, seems like the Beast is getting fallible as time goes on. We will have to wait and see as the tourney season goes on.

Hats off to Simon and Nate Doss for that -14 down today, looks like most of the action was on the chase cards.

On the ladies note...too bad for PP on that last putt...gotta go thru the routine even on the "gimmes". She could make that putt a 1000 times over and over, it just sucks to miss it when it really counts. I tell people that I play with all the time to take your time on those short little putts...:doh:.

Last edited:
12803152_1035771833145687_7285135542043460352_n.jpg

Via MurderMike

I must say that JohnE was my favorite golfer. I think it's because I'm over 40 and I could relate. But the last couple times I've watched him he has pulled this BS. In the world's when he melt down and proceeded to turbo putt everything and pretty much mailed it in did it for me. And I seem to remember during world live coverage that at one point, maybe 17, that McBeth and Doss was cracking jokes and laughing at JohnE for acting like an old bitter fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts