• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Prediction Contest - Beaver State Fling

so far it looks like Ruben Alaniz mpo with 13 stroke spread and Robin Sampson with 10 FPO seem to be in the lead for our bonus question.

Actually, Barela ended up having an ever-so-slightly less steady tournament than did Alaniz (per definition in the OP). One round'll kill it. That, and neither Robin nor Ruben had player ratings high enough to qualify them for consideration. Anyway, Rocinfire was awarded 5 points (for picking Barela), which brought them into a tie with eric40817, each with 33 points for this round. SeveN still leads by 3 over dougcrawford, and by 4 over sidewinder.

Since Paige did end up playing, I ended up ignoring all of the last minute adjustments people considered making or unmaking (regarding predictions for her). But gee I hope more ladies can challenge them in the next one to make it a bit more interesting.

Results might not actually post until 6/20, which is also when I'm planning to post the thread for the Vibram Open.

Last edited:
Discallday, can you tell/explain how the points are decided with ties? As per the results four people tied for third? Then the next person after is seventh? I know that is how ball golf results are structured too but, I think that is dumb.

So every body that picked Paul, Paul, Nikko and Nate gets third place points?

Then if the ones who picked Crabtree and Owens are they out of luck or will they be considered fourth and fifth for points?

Thanks for enduring my stupidity here :eek:, just wanted to clarify for future self scoring purposes.

And a bigger thanks for making this happen this year :clap:!

You are correct. There were many 3rd place points this round, and no 4th or 5th place points. Awarding 4th or 5th place points could also make sense, but I/we chose not to. At least so far. Makes doing totals a little easier, though extending scoring farther might increase the spread of thread scores.

I anticipate that we won't change this, though if we do, I will mention it in the thread OP.

Hope this helps.

Doesn't make any sense to give 7th and 8th place finishers points for 4th and 5th. If you did that, then every other tourney should award those points to 8th place as well.

You are correct. There were many 3rd place points this round, and no 4th or 5th place points. Awarding 4th or 5th place points could also make sense, but I/we chose not to. At least so far. Makes doing totals a little easier, though extending scoring farther might increase the spread of thread scores.

I anticipate that we won't change this, though if we do, I will mention it in the thread OP.

Hope this helps.

Cool :thmbup: and thanks for the ruling/clarification.

I just wanted to know how the scoring was done when this happens for future reference :D.