• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Prediction Contest - Silver Cup

A little inconvenient for us, but oh well. It's a little too late for me to change the questions, so I won't.

I hope everybody a few things: 1) that everybody who cares enough see's this in time to change their predictions; 2) that McBeth is able to recover before too long; and 3) that onemilemore wouldn't use their sway as a moderator to mislead us all for some strange reason. ;)

My updated picks are:
MPO
R Wysocki
M Johansen
B Williams
A Geisinger

FPO
V Jenkins
S Hokom

Bonus 1 - Playing it safe, by abstaining

Bonus 2 - Nope

Haha no sway this time. Just saw the post today and wanted to help out. And I McBeth is healthy, just chilling before going to Europe.

Actually quite a large list of people not playing this one. Smashboxx alluded to Pierce also skipping but I haven't been able to confirm that independently. Good luck all!

My picks:

Sockibomb
BWill
Cale
MJ

Des
Val

Masters: Baartman
No

MPO

Paul McBeth
Ricky Wysocki
Cale Leiviska
Nikko Locastro

FPO

Paige Pierce
Sarah Hokum

Bonus

1) JohnE McCray
2) Yes

MPO

Richard Wysocki

Nathan Doss

Michael Johansen

Cale Leiviska

FPO

Valarie Jenkins

Paige Pierce

Bonus 1

No pick, gimme the 2!

Bonus 2

No

I will want to sub Sarah Hokom for Paige if she is a no show as well.

MPO
Williams
MJ
Eagle
Barsby

FPO
Val Jenkins
Madison Walker

Bonus#1
Points please

Bonus#2
Nope

MPO
Brad Williams
Ricky Wysocki
Nate Doss
Nikko Locastro

FPO
Sarah Hokom
Valerie Jenkins

Bonus#1
JohnE McCray

Bonus#2
Not likely

When I go to scoring at UDisc, I see the names of a lot of people without any scores.

Is UDisc simply not displaying all of the Round 1 scores or did the TD pad the event registration to make it look like there were more top players in attendance?

If the pre-registration list was padded (or at the very least, not updated properly before the event), how can these prediction results count if people were choosing Paige Pierce, Paul McBeth and Steve Rico who don't even appear to be playing?

Ultiworld posted a couple article links in the other Silver Cup thread about the pros that are not playing. Still a lot of talent there, log jam near the top right now.

When I go to scoring at UDisc, I see the names of a lot of people without any scores.

Is UDisc simply not displaying all of the Round 1 scores or did the TD pad the event registration to make it look like there were more top players in attendance?

If the pre-registration list was padded (or at the very least, not updated properly before the event), how can these prediction results count if people were choosing Paige Pierce, Paul McBeth and Steve Rico who don't even appear to be playing?

I'm not sure if this is a TD issue or a player issue. In talking to Cale for my preview article yesterday, he had no clue McBeth was skipping out (but we did report it within another article last week). Paige Pierce told Smashboxx, but was still on the list. So does this come down to the TD, who is obviously very busy leading up the event, needing to pay attention and update the list beforehand, or is it on the players to properly alert the TD if they aren't coming?

As to the issue at hand, it does make it difficult to log these predictions in a reliable fashion. Probably something for organizers to address, as it has happened more than once. Good thing we're not wagering big bucks here, right? :D

I'm not sure if this is a TD issue or a player issue.

It is a TD issue. If Ultiworld and Smashboxx knew days before the event that Paul and Paige were not playing, the TD probably knew as well. Updating the pre-registration at PDGA takes less than two minutes, so even a busy TD and staff should be able to keep that list updated the week before the event. It is not like these two pulled out late Thursday night or early Friday morning.

Aside from this "high dollar" prediction contest, when players show on the event pre-registration, it also puts that event on the player's PDGA page. Last Thursday (or even Friday), if you went to Paul or Paige's PDGA results page to see where they would be playing next, Silver Cup would have shown up as an "upcoming event". If anyone planned a special trip to see the two World Champions in action, they would be very discappointed to find out they both dropped out days before. Since TD and staff didn't update the list before the event, the UDISC scoring was off as well. Small details matter.

Looks like we need Vegas and some dedicated sports writers to update the players status as questionable, probable, and doubtful.

Looks like we need Vegas and some dedicated sports writers to update the players status as questionable, probable, and doubtful.

Are you saying I lack dedication? ;):D

It might be worth a small post on the site each week for those players I can confirm, actually. Paul is really easy to get a hold of and forthcoming in these situations, hence why I was able to cover it the week before. Paige, meanwhile, is on some kind of media embargo if you're not there in person or Terry Miller. Which means I can't confirm anything with her (which I tried to do previously and it backfired).

Also, Discette makes a good point. I would have been pretty bummed if I thought McBeth was going to be there, took some time off of work to go see him, and then he was not in attendance.

Man, I was feeling good about my picks this morning before the final round started. Had my guys doing well and was going to count up some nice "what-if" points...THEN I READ THE INSTRUCTIONS! NO POINTS FOR FIRST! :doh::doh::doh:

I was thinking I was done and would get lucky and manage to pull a 12 or 14 on this one.

THANK YOU for coming thru for me Nate Doss and congrats on the second place finish!

Congrats to Ricky for pulling down stop two of the DGPT :hfive:!

Looks like I got some luck and pulled thru with a 22, which is probably my average score for my picks :D.

Note to Self....Read AND Pay attention to the rules/scoring of the individual prediction threads :eek:!

Last edited:
discappointed

*slaps knee*

Watching DGPT wasn't my priority this weekend, but I would probably have tuned in if it was easier to find. MJ and Ricky on a lead card would be enough for me. I hope Paul took advantage of some good rest.

*slaps knee*

Watching DGPT wasn't my priority this weekend, but I would probably have tuned in if it was easier to find. MJ and Ricky on a lead card would be enough for me. I hope Paul took advantage of some good rest.

When you say easier to find, where were you looking and where do you normally find other live streams? I know the Pro Tour put the link out there, but they hardly flooded social media like other events do. It's a big point of improvement for them.

Latest posts