• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Vibram Open

is there any post round/next day coverage? i fought thru today but the glitching is unbearable to watch for 3 more rounds. I do appreciate just being able to watch live but i prefer edited nice cut stuff

is there any post round/next day coverage? i fought thru today but the glitching is unbearable to watch for 3 more rounds. I do appreciate just being able to watch live but i prefer edited nice cut stuff

Believe Prodigy Disc Video (McFly So High) is supposed to be churning out the next-day footage.

Same. Will pull UDisc after the round to see what the breakdown is.

I'm a little bummed by the stream so far, hoping it kicks back up as the round gets into clearer coverage areas. Was hoping they'd added some portable cell sites with the push for more viewers.

well we just need to step up and pay for it so we can make it happen! :hfive:

:| this whole "live" thing is becoming a bigger joke with all the added $ and I was a fan of the idea at first but sometimes things just don't work and you move on vs trying to make cake out of sand.

#beachsportsnetworkorsomeBS?!

Last edited:
watching back todays stuff with the stats part has me just beyond perplexed as to why something like that is needed. just talk about normal disc golf course stats that **** is wayyyyy too nerdy into it. we are not playing fantasy disc golf here'

#LETSGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
The suspicion is that there's so many people on the course accessing the livescoring and also running Facebook Live videos from their phones, that it's overloading the cell towers that are in range.

So - PSA - if you're out there, please stay off your phone as much as possible, so that the world can watch a smoother stream.

Same problem with storm chasing live streams these days and that was my suspicion from the get-go when it started getting choppy. I imagine it will only get worse as the weekend goes on with more and more spectators coming out. I'm curious as to what kind of cell signal booster tech they are running or if the overall data load is too much for a small community..

I liked the UDisclive.com feed. Pretty damn good for a first time unveiling. The stats are cool too, particularly circle 1 and circle 2 vs throw-in

Just watched two of aces on hole 8 from today's round make #5 on tonight's Top 10 on Sportscenter. They showed Matt Dollar's (sp?) and Nikko's.

I don't care how frequent these Sportscenter Top10's have become, I still think it's hella rad to see pro disc golf right next to MLB, NHL, NBA & NFL on ESPN.

That live coverage was unwatchable. With all the hype, and campaigning for second card coverage, this was such a let down. Reminded of the old DGP.tv days.

The suspicion is that there's so many people on the course accessing the livescoring and also running Facebook Live videos from their phones, that it's overloading the cell towers that are in range.

So - PSA - if you're out there, please stay off your phone as much as possible, so that the world can watch a smoother stream.

btw.....really enjoyed your stats segments, but if possible show some graphics, that close up of your handsome face is nice, but some visuals would help pull all the data together. Thx! ;)

trying to load the UDisc app @ maple hill is almost impossible, it takes minutes to load the scoring, if it loads at all. IMO thats the biggest disappointment is that for me on 4G, a hundred feet from the UDisc scoring tent that I couldnt see the scores

trying to load the UDisc app @ maple hill is almost impossible, it takes minutes to load the scoring, if it loads at all. IMO thats the biggest disappointment is that for me on 4G, a hundred feet from the UDisc scoring tent that I couldnt see the scores

It wasn't just at MH. I tried all day both on 4G and Wifi and couldn't get the app to load. Even last night after everything was over, the app gave me the loading circle of death and nothing more. Wasn't much better on the computer, but at least the website did load.

Hopefully, it's just early hiccups and they figure a way to streamline things so everything loads more quickly.

It wasn't just at MH. I tried all day both on 4G and Wifi and couldn't get the app to load. Even last night after everything was over, the app gave me the loading circle of death and nothing more. Wasn't much better on the computer, but at least the website did load.

Hopefully, it's just early hiccups and they figure a way to streamline things so everything loads more quickly.

the UDisc developers need to find a way to make it less resource intensive and to compartmentalize the players so you don't have the option to load 10 or 150 players scores

I tried when I got up and couldn't look at yesterday's scores. What's the point all the statistics if I can't go back and see how someone shot in a previous round? They (UDisc) need a static page for each day as well as a live one. Click the static if you want to pore through the data, use the live one if you care about updates. I rarely need updates when I'm trying to see where a friend is who isn't in the top 10.

Not only that, but when I clicked on Stats, it got about 1/3 of the way through the field and stopped adding content.

When I looked last night to my friend's scoring for the day (app), his stats were there but scores weren't.

Lots of bugs. But it's day 1.

That's a good reason to have a feature card on day 1. Work out the kinks before the lead card action the rest of the event.