• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 Next Generation Disc Golf Top Prize: Car

I am going off my normal club events. usually around half full after a day. We have six in now for next gen. La Mirada has 1. I looked, the most i found was 9, and a bunch had 1.
Dave and lat have to be nervous

In region 1 north east the MA events 1 is sold out already Borderland and the other s only a few away from a sell out Maple Hill. My event in NY has a dozen already but we are 2 months out. I'm sure i'll fill.

Looked for an event in SC and just found why it would not work for MM1 in the state,

"Sandbaggers: We value integrity. If clear evidence of sandbagging is produced and provided to Next Generation Staff, we reserve the right to disqualify you without refund."

Signed for Savannah at TTP which should be fun but playing short tees.

In region 1 north east the MA events 1 is sold out already Borderland and the other s only a few away from a sell out Maple Hill. My event in NY has a dozen already but we are 2 months out. I'm sure i'll fill.

Yeah, region 1 is seeing by far the most registrants so far. In fact 2 full events (108 people) would be more than the total entrants over all 12 events for 6 of the 9 regions so far. You guys must be some excellent tournament pushers :D

Yeah, region 1 is seeing by far the most registrants so far. In fact 2 full events (108 people) would be more than the total entrants over all 12 events for 6 of the 9 regions so far. You guys must be some excellent tournament pushers :D

Some regions don't historically preregister for tournaments, everyone is in the mindset of signing up day of.

Some regions don't historically preregister for tournaments, everyone is in the mindset of signing up day of.

Interesting, I don't have that experience at all. In the mid-Atlantic, many tournament that are going to fill are full several weeks out if not months. I feel like very few tournaments fill day of here anymore.

Thought I would bump this following the first week of events. 5 event results posted with an average of 20.6 competitors.

Also a blurb on facebook: "We do want to clear up some miscommunication for the event in Cottonwood Falls at Swope Park. Even though this event was subject to a 50% fill and was going to be reduced to a top 6 player advancement into regionals, there was never any notice given to the players as planned. Therefore the top 12 from this qualifier event will be honored and they will advance to regionals. Sorry for any confusion."

I did not realize that events could be reduced in the number of invites if they don't have a 50% fill.

Thought I would bump this following the first week of events. 5 event results posted with an average of 20.6 competitors.

Also a blurb on facebook: "We do want to clear up some miscommunication for the event in Cottonwood Falls at Swope Park. Even though this event was subject to a 50% fill and was going to be reduced to a top 6 player advancement into regionals, there was never any notice given to the players as planned. Therefore the top 12 from this qualifier event will be honored and they will advance to regionals. Sorry for any confusion."

I did not realize that events could be reduced in the number of invites if they don't have a 50% fill.
Why don't they just go with a percentage based fill across the board?

Not that it matters. I suspect several people who didn't initially qualify are going to have spots handed down to them.

Can anyone provide link to this policy? I don't see any information on the official event website about reducing number of qualifiers from events based on attendance. However, they clearly explain how they plan to fill all 144 regional spots (12 players from 12 events).

http://nextgendiscgolf.com/competitor-handbook/

Where is list of side bet players and current side bet division standings posted?

This generated a lot of chatter before it started....and not a word after it began?

So, how's it going out there?

I mostly stopped my critiques of the NGT after the "ignore the haters" posts on facebook made it clear that they weren't going to change anything.

Speaking for region 2 and what I've seen, the NGT has generated very little interest. We've had a bunch of PDGA events, many of them full for weeks before but the NGT events have been a ghost town. 2 events were rescheduled due to lack of sign-ups for the original weekend.

It looks like the region that will be hosting the championship is doing a lot better which makes sense but several other regions seem to be in the same boat as region 2 based on posted results.

The rating system seems to really be all over the place, so whether you get anything out of paying $63 dollars for a random tournament appears to me to be a crapshoot.

Overall I felt like there was time to make changes to the format that they rolled out, but they were clearly not interested in feedback. In our region it seems to be a non-starter. Whether the other regions will be attended well enough to balance their books on this thing I can only speculate.

It makes sense that the regions closer to the finals might garner more attention.

I'm not bashing them, though curious about some of their decisions. I've looked up a few events and it seems attendance varies wildly.

Just curious.....no one's talking about it here, very little in the Facebook groups I'm part of, but interested in the thoughts of the players who have attended. What's good? What's correctible for the future (assuming there is one)?

Locally, one NG event had 21 players. Another got cancelled. There's one more here in June which I think will draw better.

So yeah.

Apparently PGDA sanctioning does actually trump a car at the end of a rainbow- at least around here.
When you have to jump through that many hoops and pay that kind of ancillary expense to even get a shot at the car, then, yeah.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The organizers of this tour are completely out of their element in regards to the reality of things regarding Am disc golfers. They simply don't travel that far except for a few destination events that are already on the calendar. This is why a three tiered tour won't work.

Below is a screen shot of the original results for one of the first events in Newberg, OR. Here is a link to the current results for the same event: http://nextgendiscgolf.com/events/event_results_list.php?id=99

There is no disclaimer on the results page saying the results or ratings are subject to change and there is no reason given why the ratings changed so drastically from the original results.

Click below for screenshot of original results.

Attachments

• Screenshot (48).png
    Screenshot (48).png
    90.2 KB · Views: 43
They're not quite halfway through their first go at this. Perhaps they'll learn some lessons, and refine it for next year. I salute them for trying something different, something big, even as I have doubts about some of the details.

They're not quite halfway through their first go at this. Perhaps they'll learn some lessons, and refine it for next year. I salute them for trying something different, something big, even as I have doubts about some of the details.

This sounds like what people were saying about the American Disc Golf Tour.

In all seriousness, I'm very much a PDGA supporter and strongly believe in the mission of the organization. There are very things I don't personally agree with that the PDGA does.

This puts me in a minority, especially as a very vocal person compared to other vocal people. While I hate to see things like the American Disc Golf Tour and possibly this tour fail, but it does showcase how well the PDGA actually does things.

The only organization that has even come remotely close to challenging the PDGA is Southern Nationals. But if you listen to the vocal majority, it's just as easy as doing this or doing that.

Below is a screen shot of the original results for one of the first events in Newberg, OR. Here is a link to the current results for the same event: http://nextgendiscgolf.com/events/event_results_list.php?id=99

There is no disclaimer on the results page saying the results or ratings are subject to change and there is no reason given why the ratings changed so drastically from the original results.

Click below for screenshot of original results.
At some point the NGT guys thought the ratings were too high/low, didn't account for this/that, etc. and they asked me to add the ability to adjust SSE manually (which in turn adjusts round ratings). After that a ratings approval process was put into place so that recent events will only show "In Review" until someone at NGT determines that the ratings are ready to go and then they are marked as public essentially.

I think that Oregon event happened while all that was being figured out and ratings are what they are because the SSEs are being tweaked outside of the formula that is used to generate them.

Latest posts