• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 Master Cup Santa Cruz, CA

I you haven't seen the Jomez course review it's worth the five minutes. Nothing you don't know just nice and tight video.

1) At one point I criticized Ricky's commentary skills. He's clearly working hard at it, great strides.
2]) Paul is also polishing his style.
3) it's always nice to see that disc golfers keep their sense of humor.
4) Who talked Nate into climbing down to the fridge?

It wouldn't seem so weird if it wasn't the worst score on that hole out of the entire field. I'm assuming he got "Dela-ed," and it rolled down the hill or something. Was his card filmed?

It's always amazing to see this course punish. The risk reward thing is amazing. It shows just how brilliant Paul's -15 was last year.

Hole 13 looks to be HARD..only ONE player in MPO had a birdy and only one FPO player had par. . same with hole 25 for FPO, only one par and the rest hade bogey or worse.

Strange to have pars that the best players in the World have trouble with

8A is an "easy" 2 but if you throw a bad shot, its also an easy 5. If you hit an early tree and kick right, you are in Vietnam on the side of a cliff. He also could have air balled a putt down that same cliff...

Hole 13 looks to be HARD..only ONE player in MPO had a birdy and only one FPO player had par. . same with hole 25 for FPO, only one par and the rest hade bogey or worse.

There is a reason that hole is nicknamed I-5...;)

Two things, DeLa is old school. The standard for disc golf up to twenty years ago was every hole is par 3, period. Also, by dictionary definition, par is what an expert player shoots. Birdie isn't expected, it's a significant accomplishment.

There is only one hole on that course that isn't really a par3 and that was the one mentioned earlier and even I-5 can be 2'd if you throw an amazing drive.

...Though, the best way I've seen guys attack that hole was during CCDG fin rounds with a giant cut roller. I'm not sure to many guys would try that shot it an event with that cliff on the left side.

Last edited:
I got to play DeLa last summer on a trip through CA,and have to say one of the highlights of my DG career was getting a legit 3 on 13. Drove to the opening, approached into some low-hanging branches to the right of the basket, and hit a kneeling 25' footer through the branches. That hole is no joke.

Come on, Val!

So much for Paul dominating. He could prolly get top 10 with a good round tomorrow. You'll get 'em next time, Paul.

Eagle, nice 2nd round. :thmbup:

Nothing personal to that Noah guy but I hope he throws it in the parking lot on 24. Need to get one of the Nates on the lead card...;)

Kelly Muth (FPO) aced hole 8A. Doubt there was video, but that would be cool to see.