• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 Master Cup Santa Cruz, CA

brutalbrutus

* Ace Member *
Oh yea, DeLa!

Friday, May 18
Round 1: Tee times begin at 7AM

Saturday, May 19
Round 2: Tee times begin at 7AM

Sunday, May 20
Round 3 (MPM / MPG / MPS): Tee times begin at 7:00AM at Dela DGC
Round 3 (MPO / FPO): Tee times begin at 9:30AM @ Golf Course
Award Ceremony: 6PM (approx.) @ Golf Course

https://udisclive.com/live/masterscup2018?TournID=34029

Any word on who all will be filming? Jomez and CCDG for sure but are any of the other guys gonna be there? I think there are a couple smaller crews in that area and it would be cool to see several different cards filmed...

Even if they aren't next day or even next week vids, the more DeLa the better...:thmbup:

You have to think McBeth or Ricky will win this one. Between the two of them, they usually dominate this event. Its always possible that Sexton, Anthon or Doss could creep in there. You cant count out Eagle either. With that FH he's got working right now, he might be able to get enough birds to keep it close and make a run on the golf course final round.

So is the same setup as last year? Two round at the DGC then one round at the ball golf course to finish?

Just realized I typo'd the title, lol...ugh

Should be Masters Cup if any of the mods feel like changing it, if not no biggy.

I believe CCDG will not be filming. A crime for the Master's Cup, I know but that's what Ian told me in a UDisc Chat a while back!

Paul won big last year. . i think he beat Ricky by 10 throws and Ricky hade lots of throws on third place.

And Paige won by nine last year. . .very hard to think anyone can beat Paul and Paige this year

Paul won big last year. . i think he beat Ricky by 10 throws and Ricky hade lots of throws on third place.

And Paige won by nine last year. . .very hard to think anyone can beat Paul and Paige this year

Paul tore it up round 1, after that he and Ricky were neck and neck. Ricky pushed hard round three and that cost him. He wasn't going to catch Paul, but it would / might have been closer.

I wouldn't forget that Eagle has stepped it up, Sexton has done well here in the past, and yes, this is Paul's course away from home.

DeKa is always exciting, well, except for that last round now, but this year might be one for the ages.

Will there be any 2nd card coverage of MPO? If not, it is a bloody shame.

If Josh Anthon stays as hot as he was last weekend at the Motherlode, he will be a force to be reckoned with.
I can't believe that more top open pros don't play the Motherlode the week before Masters Cup. The courses (Grass Valley and Penn Valley) are punitive and would be excellent mental and physical prep courses for DeLa. Uli, Proctor, Gurthie, and Barsby were there last weekend to take advantage of the situation. There's plenty of time to get over to Santa Cruz to practice afterward.
Michael Travers always has the pins changed between rounds to make it especially tough. I love playing as many pin positions as possible for tourneys. I think it brings the best out of players. Just my opinion. I like variety.

If Josh Anthon stays as hot as he was last weekend at the Motherlode, he will be a force to be reckoned with.
I can't believe that more top open pros don't play the Motherlode the week before Masters Cup. The courses (Grass Valley and Penn Valley) are punitive and would be excellent mental and physical prep courses for DeLa. Uli, Proctor, Gurthie, and Barsby were there last weekend to take advantage of the situation. There's plenty of time to get over to Santa Cruz to practice afterward.
Michael Travers always has the pins changed between rounds to make it especially tough. I love playing as many pin positions as possible for tourneys. I think it brings the best out of players. Just my opinion. I like variety.

Was this videoed?

Paul tore it up round 1, after that he and Ricky were neck and neck. Ricky pushed hard round three and that cost him. He wasn't going to catch Paul, but it would / might have been closer.

Paul was winning by 13 with one round to go. Ricky beat Paul by 3 strokes the final round to lose by 10... Not sure how anything Rick did in round 3 cost him. How much closer do you really think he could've gotten? :confused:

I mean, your cameras shoot more than just live video ;)

Oh Jamie. Yes those camera's DO post-production as well. Are you saying, I can just show up and film??? I don't want to get into the "alternate sponsors" discussion. :) But being 2000 miles away isn't conducive to us covering that on a budget sadly. Our guys are gonna be out there a week or so later for SFO.

I would love to get out there again in the future. But, I was hoping that there would be locals in the area that were able to cover additional cards.

Paul was winning by 13 with one round to go. Ricky beat Paul by 3 strokes the final round to lose by 10... Not sure how anything Rick did in round 3 cost him. How much closer do you really think he could've gotten? :confused:

I'm not a Paul vs Ricky guy. I think Ricky did phenomenally. My recollection was that Paul was playing safe and Ricky, being a competitive guy, pushed. He didn't much care that he was down by thirteen, I think it was. He was chasing. There were at least two holes where he went ob where I felt he was reaching long to try and get back strokes. That doesn't happen, he loses by six. A loss but a hell of a come back in my opinion.

As I've written before, our sport is lucky to have both these guys. They care passionately and work hard.

Paul is very hard to beat at Dela DGC. . . mayby not as strong on the Golf cource as Ricky, Eagle and Simon. . but i can´t see them beating Paul on Dela