• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] 2018- What is everyone's longest disc these days?

I actually like the one of these I have. I found it in a lake. 158g. Its stable enough to be thrown hard. Flexes out massively for big distance. If I were feeling it I could probably get the starlite Tern out to 450'. Not good for any sort of headwind though.

The two I have had turn less than my regular Star ones which is one of the reasons I can throw them farther. Not a lot farther, but some anyway.

Also the MVP Neutron OCTANE if theres a lil wind or if you want a lil more stability. but Mayhem/ Octane combo crushes - for me anyway

I have an Octane that goes over 400' pretty steadily. Not my longest disc by any means, but it'll hang. Needs some good speed to engage the high speed turn. Not a disc for weak arms.

I was with a guy a few years ago who claimed to throw 600ft, and on a long but not crazy hole he was amazed at my 400 ft shot, saying no it had to be 650+.

I told him nah man, it was 390-410 and the hole is only 425, so why would anyone want to overthrow by that much?

His main driver was a G* Dominator though so maybe he was actually crazy.

I can push a Dominator to maybe just over 400'. Bit of a sluggish disc. It'd never come close to making my list of longest discs.

I have an Octane that goes over 400' pretty steadily. Not my longest disc by any means, but it'll hang. Needs some good speed to engage the high speed turn. Not a disc for weak arms.

Yeah the way MVP described it as a longer wave is WAYYYYYY OFF. Its more like a Destroyer with a hint of turn and more glide. You need a strong arm to get a full flight or use a lighter Octane, but I just grab a MAyhem if I want a lil more turn. Octane does very well for power drives that I want to make sure finishes with stability to my left. only downside is the glide sometimes lifts up in the wind so it can actually kill distance sometimes, but if less wind they just keep gliding - ive over thrown a 800 ft hole on my 2nd shot with the mayhem (on accident of course) because it always goes further than expected

Ballpark my longest disc is a pro wraith. My friend has 2 baskets 400' apart and doing field work last week I was consistently getting about 50' from either basket. Parked it a couple times but not every throw yet. Nice to know I'm getting there though, now if only I could transfer those field throws to course throws!!

Yeah the way MVP described it as a longer wave is WAYYYYYY OFF. Its more like a Destroyer with a hint of turn and more glide. You need a strong arm to get a full flight or use a lighter Octane, but I just grab a MAyhem if I want a lil more turn. Octane does very well for power drives that I want to make sure finishes with stability to my left. only downside is the glide sometimes lifts up in the wind so it can actually kill distance sometimes, but if less wind they just keep gliding - ive over thrown a 800 ft hole on my 2nd shot with the mayhem (on accident of course) because it always goes further than expected

I agree with your Octane assessment, it reminded me of a late run AJ Destroyer, a little turn but still kind of beefy. Mayhem straight up bombs with a good amount of turn though.

Champion Shryke for controlled distance, Star Shryke if I have room for error and really want the extra distance.

Valkyrie. Longest throw ever was about 330-340 with a mid-160s Star Valk, which I throw about 275 pretty consistently and 300 every now and then.

I picked up an Octane in the store that DOES fly like a Wave... including getting the same distance for me. The Octane's rim feels very thick and wide to me, but it's an okay disc. The Wave, for me, is a candidate for longest driver.

Wave is the longest disc in my noodle-arm bag. Shryke goes farther when I hit it right, but I usually don't, which is why it is not in my bag anymore.

Hoping that the CD3 will get longer and be a contender as it seasons.

On a high anny something like a Valk or Hatchet will go as far as anything for me. Not too many holes tolerate that line, though.

DD2 or my seasoned star boss can get 320 with my 59 year old forehand drive. these are golf shots since i'l probably never go out and wear out (or damage) my self just so i can say i did it and threw farther. every shot counts now :)

Champion Shryke for controlled distance, Star Shryke if I have room for error and really want the extra distance.

This is probably what I'd say. Both of these are unreal for distance. In fact, I think Shrykes in all 3 plastics (G*, star, champion) will bomb. I'd like to try a heavier champion Shryke. The one I have is 165. Massive bombs, but perhaps a hair flippier than I'd like.

My best Shryke is a 175g G*. Of all the discs I own (and its many), I don't think anything can touch it consistently for distance.

I picked up an Octane in the store that DOES fly like a Wave... including getting the same distance for me. The Octane's rim feels very thick and wide to me, but it's an okay disc. The Wave, for me, is a candidate for longest driver.

I had better luck with the Octane than the Wave. The Wave I had seemed to lack glide and wanted to fade hard at the end of flight. I like a few of those overmold discs, but none of them fly like the Shryke for me. The Axiom Vanish is a nice one though. I can mash that thing well over 400'. Little flippy. Similar to a Tern.

Innova Champion Beast (original re-release mold) is the only disc I've been consistent out past 500'. Unfortunately, it's too windy here in Texas to throw it much. I'm gonna have to say either a Destroyer to ~430' or Thunderbird out to ~400'.

Latest posts