• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] 2018- What is everyone's longest disc these days?

I still love my Plasma Waves, too. I have been swapping my Neutron Vanish in the bag instead sometimes, depending on whether I want my tailwind driver to be straight (Wave) or understable (Vanish). I actually broke 400' on a freak "where did that come from?!?" tailwind throw with my Plasma Wave. That was my first time hitting 400' on flat ground. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to duplicate and most of my throws are still closer to your distance, 330' to 350'.

The Wave is one of the biggest letdowns for me. Just a really disappointing disc. I've thrown about 5 of them and they all had the same flight. Too much high speed turn, no real glide, and a dumpy late fade. Very short flights. Something like a Tern absolutely MURDERS the Wave in every way possible.

The Vanish is a little better, but I still can't really say its a super long disc. For me its like a less glidey Tern. If you want to throw MVP/Axiom for distance, I'd look more at the Mayhem, Catalyst, Octane, or Relativity. One thing I will say about MVP/Axiom discs is that they don't glide that well. You have to fight for every foot of distance.

2020 but the Pinnacle Rampage still kicks ass.

Yeah, not a lot of room for improvement there. The Cannon and Rampage are both bombers. Massively wide rims and super fast drivers.

The only problem I sometimes run into with those molds is that they can be stubbornly overstable and not want to fly flat. Some Rampages and Cannons are way beefy.

I threw a Cannon for the first time probably 6-7 years ago, and the day I threw it it was easily outflying all the other distance drivers I had it up against in the field. If you can mash them hard enough to get some turn on it the Cannon or Rampage are a couple of the longest molds on the market.

Last edited:
I had a Cannon once. Did nothing for me. These 2 Rampages have pretty low PLH, one is actually my most understable driver. Mainly for uphills or winter play when launch speeds are low. But the other is a flying machine. Starting to beat in though so more flippy than before, making it sometimes hard to predict. On a good shot though, its outta here. Also super long hyzers thanks to the speed and glide.

Blizzard boss for me
Or blizzard katana depending on the hole

Regular weights, maybe trespass or tern

Myself, I recently discovered the distance potential of poppy top Star Mamba's. I usually throw S-Line Emperors for my golf distance shots(350-400 depending on the shot I'm throwing). However, a buddy that owns a brick and mortar disc golf shop turned me on to these poppy top Mamba's and it's been pretty amazing. For as narrow as the rim is, these things go forever. Thrown with a bit of hyzer, they flatten up about the 250 mark, fly straight another 50, turn over a little for another 100 and then hyzer back the last 25-50. I've had a few shots that amazingly hit the 450 mark, which for me is an absolute crush because I normally max out at 400 on a good toss.

I may have you mistaken for another user on DGR like 10 years ago. I know jubuttib or whatever the spelling was is another person.... Dont mind me im just reminiscing :D

I wonder what happened to JR from DGR. He posted walls of text daily until the site was taken over by spam bots. I am surprised he didn't migrate to DGCR.

Myself, I recently discovered the distance potential of poppy top Star Mamba's. I usually throw S-Line Emperors for my golf distance shots(350-400 depending on the shot I'm throwing). However, a buddy that owns a brick and mortar disc golf shop turned me on to these poppy top Mamba's and it's been pretty amazing. For as narrow as the rim is, these things go forever. Thrown with a bit of hyzer, they flatten up about the 250 mark, fly straight another 50, turn over a little for another 100 and then hyzer back the last 25-50. I've had a few shots that amazingly hit the 450 mark, which for me is an absolute crush because I normally max out at 400 on a good toss.

I agree on the Mamba. I don't throw them often, and they don't really suit my game. However, they are probably the longest speed 11 disc I know of. Every once in a while in the field I'll take a heavy star or champion Mamba out to mess around with. Really long hyzerflips. I've probably gone 450' with a Mamba as well.

The Mamba isn't consistent for me at all. Way too flippy. If you miss your release angle even a little bit the disc will turn and burn ridiculously.

Another somewhat similar disc capable of big yardage is the Mystere. Not quite as flippy as the Mamba. Same general flight though.

Most Mambas for me are 11, 6, -4, 2. Too much high speed turn to really lay into.

Last edited:
2020 longest discs

I'm not going to start a new thread on this, but I'll just list what are currently my longest discs. Some things change in a couple years, and some don't.

1: G* Shryke. This disc was at the top of my list 2 years ago, and it still is. SUPER long driver. Flippy, but still capable of taking a lot of arm. The 6 glide rating is what really makes the difference with the G* Shryke. It just floats out there longer than any other mold consistently.

2: L64 Knight. This disc is simply incredible. Its the fastest, widest-rimmed driver in the Trilogy lineup. For me its also the longest. Not as touchy as a King, Ballista, or Destiny. Faster than all 3. Just a hair less glide than a Shryke. I will call this the most underrated distance driver I've ever seen. No one throws them.

3: Star Tern. Oldie, but a goodie. Very few molds can match or surpass a star Tern for sheer distance. They can be erratically flippy, but hitting the right release angle will yield pretty much unparalleled distance.

4: G* Katana. The Katana has always been on my radar as being a long mold, but in G* plastic its tough to beat. Similar to the Knight in flight. Flippy, but still able to handle good power. I've thrown 3 or 4 G* Katanas in the last year, and all have been ridiculously long and glidey.

5: Relativity: A newcomer to the list. Very erratic flier, and quite understable. Top shelf distance when you smash it just right though. Easily the longest mold I've thrown in the MVP/Axiom family.

Honorable mentions: Captain, Ballista.

On the radar: Corvette, Sheriff, Raider, Colossus.

I may have you mistaken for another user on DGR like 10 years ago. I know jubuttib or whatever the spelling was is another person.... Dont mind me im just reminiscing :D

I'm definitely not new on this site, but my memory isn't great lol

I agree on the Mamba. I don't throw them often, and they don't really suit my game. However, they are probably the longest speed 11 disc I know of. Every once in a while in the field I'll take a heavy star or champion Mamba out to mess around with. Really long hyzerflips. I've probably gone 450' with a Mamba as well.

The Mamba isn't consistent for me at all. Way too flippy. If you miss your release angle even a little bit the disc will turn and burn ridiculously.

Another somewhat similar disc capable of big yardage is the Mystere. Not quite as flippy as the Mamba. Same general flight though.

Most Mambas for me are 11, 6, -4, 2. Too much high speed turn to really lay into.

I only throw it when I know there's no trouble to get into :D It usually works for me 2 out of every 3 throws. I'll take those odds in the open. I have learned my lesson trying to thread the needle with a Mamba. The lesson is, don't.

I only throw it when I know there's no trouble to get into :D It usually works for me 2 out of every 3 throws. I'll take those odds in the open. I have learned my lesson trying to thread the needle with a Mamba. The lesson is, don't.

Generally agree. The Mamba is a lot of fun to throw, but can be inconsistent in windy conditions or when thrown with poor form. Mysteres are good discs, but there are supply issues with them, especially in the weights I prefer. Right now I'm really liking discs in Pro plastic, so I'm liking Pro Wraiths, Pro Terns, and Pro Shrykes and I-blend Pharaohs.

I'm gonna second my blizzard katanarecommendation I played the other day with a nice player who is throwing broken in star destroyer am I katana was going 50 to 100 past them with 9 out of 10 good shots

Surprising new winner today playing with a strong wind left to right I through a horrible DX wraigth 525' way to the right..ok...but wow..measured udisc and step... On same hole through blizzard boss 425 but it turneds into the wind and killed it...but it was straight.. I think that's why r pro bosses or distance leaders they will turn into rollers 3/4 of the time but under stabe'll with a wind is a king I guess.... Also try nuke flx that someone gave me for the 1st time today and found ot to be a bomber with the wind from the right I had no idea what to expect from it a nice thick rim it seemed to be a bomber forehand also