• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

Also, apparently McBeth is going to be making molds with Discraft over the next few years under a new name. Sounds like the Michael Jordan of disc golf actually took notes from the original MJ and may have a similar arrangement.

This is all Innova's fault for putting the idea in his head with that April fools joke a couple years back :D

I think I still have like 6 of those destroyers in the garage lol.

This is still a very hard to believe part of the whole equation, as it makes the least sense of most of what's being speculated. Plastic injection molds cost A LOT of money. Just going to wait and see the details.

Discraft already molds for DGA.

They already have the mold pieces to make a variety of discs.

McBeth throws some Discraft and DGA, finds what he likes, and tweaks things to what he wants.

Makes sense.

Just heard a few things from a *former* Discraft member and friend of Ricks:

Uli is for sure done with Prodigy and headed to Discraft. Rick is for sure headed back to Innova.

Also, apparently McBeth is going to be making molds with Discraft over the next few years under a new name. Sounds like the Michael Jordan of disc golf actually took notes from the original MJ and may have a similar arrangement.

Two Pauls to Discraft now, lol.... When you say "molds" will these be sold under his own "McDiscs" brand or will they be sold under Discraft?

Would not surprise me one bit if some pros recognize how much growth DD has had the past few years and would try to set up something to counter that growth. Perhaps Discraft is the tool for them to use?

And I will also say I took a clinic with Drew Gibson after he been up for over 24 hours I'm just come off a long overnight flight I definitely seen his temper in tournament coverage before and heard some negative things about him online but he was really kind and cool dude. I know he hangs out with Josh Anthon which is questionable in my book. He also has made questionable statements online. He is younge and will grow up with time. I was really impressed by him in what is probably a stressful situation.

Found drew's burner account. Nice try broh

This is all Innova's fault for putting the idea in his head with that April fools joke a couple years back :D

Those are going for easily $70 on facebook, you being you, would prob get 100+ each

Is it just me, or does it look like he is about to throw those in the fireplace in the background?...

If he is selling/destroying(no pun intended) those, then I don't think he thinks he is ever going back to Innova...

Wanna sell one for a reasonable price? I have always wanted one, but they auction for ridiculous..... wait why am I saying this. :)

Found drew's burner account. Nice try broh

LOL!

I was at that same clinic. You could tell he was tired from being up so long, but he still took the time to watch the form of anybody who wanted to throw and give tips.

As someone with experience in the plastic molding business from co-ops and internships in school (underground power cables and garden hose manufacturing), the basic injection molding machines are pretty much by and large the same. Same principles and what not, just different compounds and manufacturing standards for cleanliness etc; having random bits of cooled plastic or debris isn't a huge deal in a garden hose, but matters a lot in power transmission cables for example. What gets you in price is the tooling for the molds, which pretty much any local machine shop is going to be capable of doing if they have the right machines. So Paul or anyone else creating their own line of discs with a manufacturer isn't remotely out of the realm of possibility, and is actually quite feasible when you break down the name recognition McBeth can carry.

The real question becomes why did he feel the need to go to Discraft, or why wasn't Innova willing to work with him?

Paul famously bought the whole production run of those swirly destroyers he had aviar stamped. Wonder if those just get tucked into storage for future potential or what? He could make a pretty penny on each one very easily.

Kinda looks like an ESP plastic to me. They always look like a tackier Star plastic, in my opinion.

It's the "whole run" of swirly Destroyers that Paul bought. He was trolling the above post. Innova doesn't run discs in batches of 20.

Drew Gibson posting this on his Instagram without quoting Tomi Lahren is bad enough, besides the message being... not well thought out to say the least.
58hka1sch2oz.png
HNTAHp2.png

You guys just made me a fan of Drew and Tomi today.

It's the "whole run" of swirly Destroyers that Paul bought. He was trolling the above post. Innova doesn't run discs in batches of 20.

It was rumored he bought the whole production run a couple seasons ago. But if I was trolled... hi Paul, big fan, please post more pictures of your dog.

Latest posts