• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

He's going to be designing his own discs, he said it himself. Discraft will be manufacturing them. What do you want, Paul to hand spin molds with a manual router tool?

LET'S SEE HOW FINE WE CAN SPLIT THOSE HAIRS PEOPLE

I'm going to bite and split the hairs even farther....

He's not going to be "designing" either. He's would be advising. An engineer will do the designing. Saying "hey, I want this and this and this..." Isn't design

A typical human hair is on average .003". I figure we can split it about 4 times before I will have a hard time measuring it...

Last edited:
This is gonna be...

tenor.gif

So, Chapter 11 incoming?

If I had to guess this is what I'd go with. Hey I'm looking for a disc in this speed range that does this. And of course choosing the plastic blends.

I'm going to bite and split the hairs even farther....

He's not going to be "designing" either. He's would be advising. An engineer will do the designing. Saying "hey, I want this and this and this..." Isn't design

A typical human hair is on average .003". I figure we can split it about 4 times before I will have a hard time measuring it...

Based on the PDGA podcast, it sure sounded like he left Innova because they weren't interested in handing over much control. "The team Captain" role is much different than business partner. Discraft would be idiotic not to test out a relationship with him for a few (four) years to see how they might have a mutually beneficial partnership. If you were once the clear second player in the market and now aren't and if your "go to" player just retired to a life of brewing beers, what are your other options? Capturing a larger share of the market and establishing a more-promising long range plan will never be a risk free proposition.

So is Doss full time in the brewery? Anyone got the skinny on why he's not playing as much? Injury? How about Val is she still active in FPO?

So is Doss full time in the brewery? Anyone got the skinny on why he's not playing as much? Injury? How about Val is she still active in FPO?

He has been dealing with a shoulder problem this year. Don't know if that has factored into his decision or if he is just burnt out or if he just really likes brewing beer... or a combination of all three...

I think two weeks ago (or maybe last week and it feels longer) they completely finished the brewing system in their new brick and mortar up in Bend.

I'd imagine the grand opening is within the next couple of months. They're probably going to be like Steve Rico - try to hit a couple of big events, but this is their main focus now.

It's a bummer for the fans, but it's good for them. I think they were worn out from the road warrior life.

Go out like Barry Sanders, not Terrell Owens, ya know?

I think two weeks ago (or maybe last week and it feels longer) they completely finished the brewing system in their new brick and mortar up in Bend.

I'd imagine the grand opening is within the next couple of months. They're probably going to be like Steve Rico - try to hit a couple of big events, but this is their main focus now.

It's a bummer for the fans, but it's good for them. I think they were worn out from the road warrior life.

Yup. I would imagine he will play BSF and Master's Cup... It would also make sense for him to show up at the Memorial, Discraft's big early season event, to "pass the torch" to Paul...

After listening to the podcast, it's cool to hear Mcbeth actually have good things to say about discraft as a company. I throw a lot of their plastic and have been convinced that the move was happening, but I feared it was almost just a political move, or something for show. "I'm Paul Mcbeth and I'll even go to discraft!". As I say, nice to see that he's actually excited about the changes and the company overall.

Probably at least 99% the deal was the reason. The discs, mmmaybe 1%? He could literally go anywhere and throw any disc, even prodigy :p and be a top contender.

And then even at that point to compete with the "full timers" a couple tourneys a year is not reasonable to think your going to cash big or really make it worth it. And what does bend have only a course or 2 to practice on...

Because all three of those people you listed are greats

Brewery is the way to go. Specially in Bend...

Based on the PDGA podcast, it sure sounded like he left Innova because they weren't interested in handing over much control. "

Spot on.

If you listen carefully you can hear hints at stuff. He alludes to his signature series discs not being what he wants and he also talks about the contract frustrations.

It seems that his concerns with Innova were addressed by Discraft and Discraft was able to pay him a serious amount of money. Combine that with Discraft in a major transition with Doss moving on and Paul's contract expiring and you have perfect timing.

Based on what he said about what Discraft was doing that Innova wouldn't, I wouldn't be surprised if a matching monetary contract would have been accepted.

Signature destroyers etc are nice but what happens when Innova gets new multiple world champion? Can't build your future on those profits. Own line makes more sense.

Latest posts