• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

Everyone is much too focused on discs.

He actually doesn't throw the nova that often. It would be easily replaced with a putter mold. It might fly a bit different in the air but it's still a floaty backhand putter shot.

I agree totally. Why do people think that the best golfer in the world is going to have an issue replacing his touch putter shot.

Somehow, the arrow is going to matter for the best archer now? Please. APX, Roach, Chall SS, doesn't matter.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

So we know Uli is leaving Prodigy but that's it? Not where he's landing? Discraft has the Vegas odds right now?

Prodigy has an impressive stable of pros. Kevin Jones, Seppo Paju, Chris Dickerson, Matty O, Will Schusterick if he reemerges...

I'm kind of glad that Ulibarri is leaving just b/c I feel like we're going to see Prodigy at the top of the leader board as it is already. I just hope Kevin Jones doesn't have to wear those two-tone, Star Trek warm-ups shirts that all their pros wear. I wonder what Jones' Jokerii replacement will be?

Prodigy has an impressive stable of pros. Kevin Jones, Seppo Paju, Chris Dickerson, Matty O, Will Schusterick if he reemerges...

I'm kind of glad that Ulibarri is leaving just b/c I feel like we're going to see Prodigy at the top of the leader board as it is already. I just hope Kevin Jones doesn't have to wear those two-tone, Star Trek warm-ups shirts that all their pros wear. I wonder what Jones' Jokerii replacement will be?

The only way Prodigy makes many top cards on film is if the real top pros skip DGPT stops to play Jomez covered events instead.

I'm not saying Paul is going to suddenly lose the ability to throw a touch putter shot because he doesn't have a nova anymore. But let's be real - Discraft does not have a 1:1 replacement for the nova. I'm not saying he will be worse because he doesn't have a nova.

But saying that "his game will look exactly the same as when he carried his previous sponsors discs" is just not true. It WILL look different. NOT (necessarily) worse. Different.

The only way Prodigy makes many top cards on film is if the real top pros skip DGPT stops to play Jomez covered events instead.

Seppo is consistent putting away from being properly elite and Chris Dickerson will be there, y'all friggas don't even know. I don't foresee Jones slumping but you never know.

I'm not saying Paul is going to suddenly lose the ability to throw a touch putter shot because he doesn't have a nova anymore. But let's be real - Discraft does not have a 1:1 replacement for the nova. I'm not saying he will be worse because he doesn't have a nova.

But saying that "his game will look exactly the same as when he carried his previous sponsors discs" is just not true. It WILL look different. NOT (necessarily) worse. Different.

My old Z Putt´r replaced my Nova. . .but a Ti Roach works just fine

Nothing is a 1:1 replacement . . some is Close, but not 1:1 . . hey not even one Nove is a perfect 1:1 replacement for another Nova I have Novas that fly more like my Putt´r than other Novas . .
one of my 169g Nova in Flat top and flies nothing like my other Novas

That fanbase is loyal? I'd say that's an understatement. The rampant "fanboyism" for DD is almost reminiscent of a cult. From my experience, the are ridiculous in their followings.

Maybe I've just met the few crazies....

Hahaha. I was trying to be diplomatic.

Lol. It's all about who shows up for them. I'll was probably the most consistent to show up to the big tournaments. But with KJ, Dickerson touring more. Those two alone will keep them on lead cards. I think I saw somewhere that Matty O was getting out more this next season too. And Seppo was trending way up in the second half of the season. They've got the talent on their roster though.

Hahaha. I was trying to be diplomatic.

Lol. It's all about who shows up for them. I'll was probably the most consistent to show up to the big tournaments. But with KJ, Dickerson touring more. Those two alone will keep them on lead cards. I think I saw somewhere that Matty O was getting out more this next season too. And Seppo was trending way up in the second half of the season. They've got the talent on their roster though.

Nybo won't be in the US that much if at all, and he's not with Prodigy