• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 LWS at Idlewild

glassila

Double Eagle Member
The tournament is underway. It looks like it will be hot out there.
I got Calvin, Ricky and Adam Hammes for the top 3 in MPO.
Holyn, Missy, and Ella for FPO.

Feels like many of the FPO players are very inconsistent. ..Kristin is the anomaly.
They can win one week and the next be out of the top 30
Nice to see Walker do well, but who would have guessed that after the year she have had

Feels like many of the FPO players are very inconsistent. ..Kristin is the anomaly.
They can win one week and the next be out of the top 30
Nice to see Walker do well, but who would have guessed that after the year she have had
Kristin's been giving the US FPO players a break. ;)
I hope she's been able to spend some quality time with her daughter.

First time on lead card at a DGPT event for Cadence Burge and Evan Scott I would think? Maybe for Gavin Babcock too?

First time on lead card at a DGPT event for Cadence Burge and Evan Scott I would think? Maybe for Gavin Babcock too?
Well he was on final round lead card at Champion's Cup last year, not DGPT but bigger, I'd say. (Also made chase card at both Worlds and USDGC that year, which is pretty cool)

Edit: Also, Evan has made 3 lead cards at Silver events and 1 chase card at an Elite event, so it feels like he's inching his way up there.

Last edited:
Well he was on final round lead card at Champion's Cup last year, not DGPT but bigger, I'd say. (Also made chase card at both Worlds and USDGC that year, which is pretty cool)

Edit: Also, Evan has made 3 lead cards at Silver events and 1 chase card at an Elite event, so it feels like he's inching his way up there.

I kinda, sorta felt like he might have been on a lead card, but didn't look it up.
He is certainly capable, let's see if he holds on!

Yeah, Evan Scott looks like he is a young up and comer.

A few years ago at GBO I declared the day over when it got pretty dark and the players were pretty mad at me for it.

A couple of years later at Delaware DGC I took a more hands-off approach. "I'm ready to call it any any time. If a single one of you wants to stop, let me know and I'll stop the round." They didn't want to stop, so they played in some pretty dark conditions. As many spotters as we could find. Ready-golf when you got to your lie. Couple of observations: (1) the camera makes it look a lot darker than it actually is, (2) the woods are massively darker than the parking lot. Even after finishing the round, adding up scores by flashlight, and submitting scores, we walked to the parking lot and said "damn, we could have played 2 more holes out here!"