• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

3rd Annual 420 disc trip

GordEzo

Birdie Member
Good day eh!

Three Left Coast Canucks are landing in LAX on April 12 for 10 days of golf, and it's becoming overwelming on choosing 3 star courses to play. My printer is working overtime printing out maps! Our one goal is to play Oak Grove on April 20th and try to get 2 rounds in per day, maybe even 3. We are completely open to play where ever and would welcome all suggestions. If anyone had space to fit us in,we would love that too!

Our first year took us to Austin, and that's a tough act to follow but I'm sure Cali has a few good courses too!

Howdy neighbor. Good for you picking Oak Grove, it is a must play.

If your travel plans still allow flexibility, maybe fly in to LAX, rent a van and drive back home? Staying near I-5 gives ya a bunch of stellar, 'bucket list' courses from which to choose (plus free backup housing if needed).

If not, I'll let the locals provide you with more choices than time will allow. La Mirada would be on my short list for a So. Cal. visit.

Our first trip was around Seattle and I've been to Portland a few times so this is all familiar territory. Not really looking to drive on these trips. We will prolly drop down to Portland in the summer and I'll show them the courses that I've already hit.
Thanks tho

If I were you, I would try to get to the following courses on your trip:

Oak Grove
Coyote Point
Huntington Beach
La Mirada
Chavez Ridge
Sylmar
Sky High
Yucaipa

Maybe Shark Tooth in Bakersfield, Waller Park in Santa Maria or Morley Field in San Diego as well? These ones are not exactly in the LA area, but not too far of a drive depending on your hotel location.

If I were you, I would try to get to the following courses on your trip:

Oak Grove
Coyote Point
Huntington Beach
La Mirada
Chavez Ridge
Sylmar
Sky High
Yucaipa

Maybe Shark Tooth in Bakersfield, Waller Park in Santa Maria or Morley Field in San Diego as well? These ones are not exactly in the LA area, but not too far of a drive depending on your hotel location.

Yup, I've got most of those maps printed but I don't believe we are going as far south as San Diego tho. Huntington seems far enough. I have a hunch the mountains will pull us east, Vancouver British Columbia has a mountain backdrop above the city perched on the ocean, prolly feel more familiar to us salmon bellies!

Thanks (Canadians have to say that!)

Yup, I've got most of those maps printed but I don't believe we are going as far south as San Diego tho. Huntington seems far enough. I have a hunch the mountains will pull us east, Vancouver British Columbia has a mountain backdrop above the city perched on the ocean, prolly feel more familiar to us salmon bellies!

Thanks (Canadians have to say that!)

Do Canadians also still say "Take off!" on a regular basis?

Here are a couple of my pics from Coyote Point...Still got the itch to get back for another round one of these days. Enjoy your trip!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 36.jpg
    36.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 40.jpg
    40.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 98
Do Canadians also still say "Take off!" on a regular basis?

Here are a couple of my pics from Coyote Point...Still got the itch to get back for another round one of these days. Enjoy your trip!

attachment.php

attachment.php
Oh man! I miss those masks. They were painted palm fronds. The campers steal everything nice we put on the course. :(

Coyote point is fun for sure. Just outside of Ventura, lake casitas. You can camp there but you probably won't have any equipment. Not much around there otherwise though.

Up the coat further Waller pines is 27 holes and amazing golf. And north of that is a golf course with cart rentals called sea pines. Those are both excellent. About 3 hrs north of LA however.

Oh man! I miss those masks. They were painted palm fronds. The campers steal everything nice we put on the course. :(

I miss everything out there! Need more time out west ASAP.

Here's one more...
attachment.php

Attachments

• 37.jpg
    37.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 61
Coyote point is fun for sure. Just outside of Ventura, lake casitas. You can camp there but you probably won't have any equipment. Not much around there otherwise though.

Up the coat further Waller pines is 27 holes and amazing golf. And north of that is a golf course with cart rentals called sea pines. Those are both excellent. About 3 hrs north of LA however.
Lake Cachuma just opened. I have heard nothing but great things about it.