• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

5th Annual Hawk Hollow Meet - Oct 3-5, 2014

To get an invitation, please mark the poll

• Total voters

jrawk

* Ace Member *
The 5th Annual Hawk Hollow Meet
October 3, 4, & 5 of the year 2014

Hawk Hollow – Spotsylvania, VA

Event Organizers: Jrawk, Prerube, Biscoe

Every player is welcome to attend with a guest or two. Like we've done the past 4 years, this is a private course on a private farm so invitations will be sent out on a per-request basis. You must mark the poll at the top of the screen to be PM'd a formal invitation.

This event is very laid back. Disc golf enthusiasts of all skill levels will have a full weekend golfing at one of the country's best courses, competing for second hand prizes. The theme is fun, not competition. To get an idea of where the course is located, search google maps for Lake Anna State Park near Mineral, VA.

Marking the poll:
1) To receive an invitation, put a check in the "Please invite me" poll option. It's your choice to stay the entire weekend or come for one or two days. The official invitations will be sent sometime in September.

2) Secondly check the box for "Camping on-site" if you are planning on camping at the farm (note: there is limitted running water and no electricity). This is hugely important to know in advance so we can plan accordingly. Send me a message for other camping or hotel options in the area.

3) Third, please check the box for the day you plan on arriving (Friday/Saturday/Sunday)

*Scratch Event Schedule* subject to change
Friday 12pm: Set-up camp & pickup rounds.
Friday Night: kumbayah's round the camp fire.
Saturday Morning: Singles round, staggered start.
Saturday Afternoon: Best shot doubles round (partners chosen by singles round scores)
Saturday Night: kumbayah's round the camp fire.
Sunday Morning: Random Partner doubles
Sunday Afternoon: Pickup rounds and cleanup.

**PLEASE NOTICE** the Blockhouse is no longer open to the public. This includes Friday glow.

The recommended donation for the entire weekend is $10 per player and one prize pool donation. The $10 will be used to cover the porto-jon rental fee and the fuel/labor for Biscoe's tractor to prep the course. Please, if $10 is too much for two nights of onsite camping at one of the country's best courses, PM me and we'll work something out.

The prize pool donation can be any used/new disc better than 8/10 condition or random dg or non-dg related item. Please no dog chew toys.

Swag: I still have left over custom stamped discs, shirts, and zipper hoodies to sell, this year discounted below cost. FWIW, the discs and shirts are great to get everyone in attendance to autograph and have as a keep-sake.

attachment.php

Food and Drink… typically Vegan Ray will have some sort of delicious lunch option available Saturday between rounds for a few bucks, and KniceZ usually cooks breakfast saturday/sunday for tips. Our Friday and Saturday dinners are pot-luck style. Everybody usually brings something to cook on the many grills and hopefully shares with everybody camping. FredVegas will cook just about anything as long as he gets a taste. JAbruzzo likes to keep the beer tub stocked with Ice and beer and we all throw money at him to do so. Please, if you have exquisite tastes, bring your preferred brands. No kegs – cans and bottles only.

FredVegas Photography: probably one of the coolest, most generous deals of the entire weekend is the amazing work Kevin does with his camera equipment. No doubt, you'll get your sweet hippy head captured in all it's disc golf'n glory and make Kevin's 2014 highlight reel. (queue embarassing photo of jrawk now...)

What else is there to go over? Discuss!!!

We're going to try something slightly different this year when staging the competitive play on Saturday. Both the morning and afternoon rounds will be staggered start.

Here's how it'll work:

Saturday Morning singles - Instead of a shotgun start, after 8 am, players can take a scorecard, find 3 or 4 players and go play the round at will. All players must start there round by 10am. Players can start their lunch break as soon they return.

Saturday afternoon doubles - During the Lunch break, prerube and I will set up the doubles teams on the scoreboard. Once all the teams are known, we'll make an announcment and the teams can decide when they want to start. Teams will have 1 hour from then to start their round.

This will allow for a more flexible experience for all players and avoid confusion of which tee to start on. This way, we can stagger two groups on 1 and 10 every 10 minutes.

Make sense? anybody see any downsides?

Blockhouse is open this weekend leading up to an event there later this week but is otherwise closed with no definite timeframe for reopening. I spoke with the person who runs the events there yesterday.

I'm down for another amazing HH gathering. Instead of playing the Blockhouse we might go try Loriella. This is going to take place just before my birthday so I'm going to be pumped.

I'm down for another amazing HH gathering. Instead of playing the Blockhouse we might go try Loriella. This is going to take place just before my birthday so I'm going to be pumped.

Sweet.. you bringing the same crew again?
Can't go wrong with Loriella. There's also a 9 hole course not far from HH Betty Queen Center that Biscoe designed.

I will be there and will do breakfast both days.

Biscoe - could we do a glow round at Betty Queen? Or will they already be setting up for Halloween?

I will be there and will do breakfast both days.

Biscoe - could we do a glow round at Betty Queen? Or will they already be setting up for Halloween?

I doubt they will be getting ready for Halloween at that point- I will check into it- I will also check into making special super secret blockhouse arrangements- give me a week or so.

I doubt they will be getting ready for Halloween at that point- I will check into it- I will also check into making special super secret blockhouse arrangements- give me a week or so.

Nice :thmbup: -- I'd settle for just Tiki at BH.

Betty Queen would be a sweet glow venue.. would just need some volunteers to organize and prep for that if given the clearence.

I'm seriously considering making it. My Flip trip was a wash this year, so if we can find someone to watch the house/animals that weekend.........

Nice :thmbup: -- I'd settle for just Tiki at BH.

Betty Queen would be a sweet glow venue.. would just need some volunteers to organize and prep for that if given the clearence.

Just a few rounds of tiki would be great. Or I'll help coord something at BG. Biscoe, just let me know.

Latest posts