• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

600' goal is done! 170 pro destroyer

That is what I am interested in. I drive on football fields cause they're marked but I can't seem to break goal line to goal line (putters and fairways). I think if I used a regular driver again I could do it but I want good form before I pick up an or anything of the like. I'm frustrated because I can't break my goal line to goal line throw in practice but on the course the other day I was doing 300+ and in one instance uphill... I want a 400ft throw. I'll have it by the end of the summer. Maybe that will be my goal, throwing farther and farther and more accurately with each step...

But I think a time frame is some good motivation to use to gain distance. Maybe I'll try it.

Lots of courses in TX have long holes and while the newer courses don't have 600ft wide open shots (designs are getting better) having that much power is invaluable.

Being able to feasibly get a putt on anything within 500ft is very nice to have.

BTW Nikko went from throwing 375ft max to 419' (lol) the next year and can hit 500 on more than half his shots.......with him throwing freakishly far at times.

You don't need to throw far but being able to do so gives you greater potential to gain every possible stroke.

i have been playing just over 3 months, i dont think that next year if i am still playing this game i will be throwing much over 600, i think i just got lucky and picked up the form on accident, throwing however came natural. but if somehow next year i am throwing 700' i might go try that Big D in the desert thing, and their will prob be a better disc by then too!

ya im excited! i know there are a lot of people who can throw in the 500s, but prob not as many that can throw in the 600s..obviously it doesnt do much for 99% of the courses that you play on, but its so cool to see a disc go that far in person, weather it was me doing it or someone else...

Not to down play your achievement (I've been playing for 2 months and can barely throw 300'), but how many 600 ft holes do you play? 90% of the holes I play are right around 300'. Only one course I've ever played had any holes over 500'. And most of the long holes I've seen are through trees, where accuracy is far more important than distance.

Again, I would kill (or at least severely maim someone) to throw that far, but it would just be for show and I would probably never be able to use it on a course.

Kachtz can now drive a Golf Disc further than i can accurately drive a Golf Ball. :sick:

Not to down play your achievement (I've been playing for 2 months and can barely throw 300'), but how many 600 ft holes do you play? 90% of the holes I play are right around 300'. Only one course I've ever played had any holes over 500'. And most of the long holes I've seen are through trees, where accuracy is far more important than distance.

Again, I would kill (or at least severely maim someone) to throw that far, but it would just be for show and I would probably never be able to use it on a course.

He plays Dalhgren and there are 2 that are 650 and 683 wide open

In the past 5 years the number of people who can throw 600 has probably gone up by a factor of 10.

These new discs make it possible........I know I have hit 600 with one of my 1st Nuke throws and my longest in a D competition was 563' before that.

Also the Gateway "Big Drives" are really golf D and not distance lines........mine says 415'

Anyway there still aren't many who can hit 600 but now I even meet Rec/Int players with 500+ drives (albeit inconsistently) which kinda makes throwing far less appealing.

you can not compare yourself to him. You are a pro and he has been playing for 3 months. 600 is more amazing from a noob than a pro. If you both threw 10 shots at a pin 600 feet away then took an average of how far off each disc was, you would probably win, but its nice to see a new guy beating some of the guys who can recite volumes of information on disc golf form :)

Last edited:
He has, I was there when the video was shot

im not dogging on him or any sutch thing ...

but i would love to see a video ... it realy dosnt have to show his disc going 600 i just wana see his style ... anyone gota link to any of his old videos?? the ones uve supposedly seen ?

im not dogging on him or any sutch thing ...

but i would love to see a video ... it realy dosnt have to show his disc going 600 i just wana see his style ... anyone gota link to any of his old videos?? the ones uve supposedly seen ?

i was using the new 360 throw i have been practicing the past few weeks.

i do not have any videos of that throw, although i do have a camera and a tripod! i will get to work on that

Congrats....the one thing i really like is this guy set goals and went to the field and really worked on it....just shows you how important field work is for distance. Beato did it...he worked his ass off to bomb like this guy....anyhow i have seen a guy in person throw 600 on a wooded course and it opens up lines and paths that you can't even wrap your head around.....Lines i'll just throw around EVERYTHING!!!

Congrats again and maybe post the workout/numbers of throws so we know how much work you put in to throw that far.

yea i just barrow my Girls Cam .... :)
not very good quality but i like being able to see myself throw ...( i recomend that to anyone )

Hmm 360 throw ehh ...
would be cool to see a vid of u doing it .. but im more interested in your regular style ..
few clips of bolth would be awsome :)
i wana learn :(

i have been playing just over 3 months, i dont think that next year if i am still playing this game i will be throwing much over 600, i think i just got lucky and picked up the form on accident, throwing however came natural. but if somehow next year i am throwing 700' i might go try that Big D in the desert thing, and their will prob be a better disc by then too!

You should probably check it out. the guys there are only really throwing just over 600. I don't know if anyone is throwing 700. You have to remember at the Big D all throws are wind assisted. With wind assisted throws the form is much different. They throw it very high and on an anhyzer usually right out of the hand. I know Avery was throwing mid 160g destroyers for his D shots and I guess last year in practice he had one that could have broke the record. I wouldn't put Avery at much more than 600' so if I was where you are I would give it a chance!

yea i just barrow my Girls Cam .... :)
not very good quality but i like being able to see myself throw ...( i recomend that to anyone )

Hmm 360 throw ehh ...
would be cool to see a vid of u doing it .. but im more interested in your regular style ..
few clips of bolth would be awsome :)
i wana learn :(

I will post a link as soon as I find the video of him throwing 550

here is one not the one I am looking for but a long shot

Last edited:
Even with a video one might question the accuracy of the distance measuring device. I, personally, would have to see a 600' tape measure layed out to believe it.

Latest posts