• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

600' goal is done! 170 pro destroyer

Even with a video one might question the accuracy of the distance measuring device. I, personally, would have to see a 600' tape measure layed out to believe it.

The videos look legit.
The people shooting the videos and witnessing his throws are trusted reviewers on this site.

If they say it's 600', I'll drink the Kool-Aide.

Even with a video one might question the accuracy of the distance measuring device. I, personally, would have to see a 600' tape measure layed out to believe it.

This whole "I don't believe it" jargon is getting old now.

The video above is his 550' throw done a month or two ago. That is NOT the 600ft throw.

We (Prerube and I) used the tape measure to lay out the 549'10". Then we used his ball golf range finder to double measure. The range finder was 551' or something. Take in consideration human error using the tape and i'd trust the range finder first.

Kachtz said he used the range finder for 203 yards. I believe him.

Kachtz, did you hit up that Big D competition that happened near you? If so, how'd you do?

you can not compare yourself to him. You are a pro and he has been playing for 3 months. 600 is more amazing from a noob than a pro. If you both threw 10 shots at a pin 600 feet away then took an average of how far off each disc was, you would probably win, but its nice to see a new guy beating some of the guys who can recite volumes of information on disc golf form :)

Man, why all up on the bizalls Perube?

i was doubtful when he 1st showed up here but he was willing to meet anyone to show it happen, also prerube and jrawk's word is good enough for me.

I just enjoy that his goal is to throw far because he thinks its cool to watch the discs fly that far....Its amazing how much this goal infuriates people....I say keep throwing and pissing off the purists....hysterical!

in he beginning I thought it was really cool because he was thorwing 500, but I could still beat him, now he's learned how to putt and has made some crazy approach shots and beats me by 5+ strokes...now I say lets all turn on him and call him an a$$.

I will look more in the future but there are some issues with the form......

Also it doesn't look like the best direction to throw.....right at the trees

was reading on Averys blog thing, he estimates adding about 25% distance from throwing with mild wind at sealevel to throwing with 20-25 mph wind at 3k above sealevel (conditions at the Big D in the desert)...

that extra 150' sounds exciting! i might try to go out to the Big D thing in Primm this year..atleast to throw a couple 700+s anyway

but i do also agree with Avery, where he says he thinks they should hold a more realistic long drive competition with normal conditions, so that way the longest throwers will be the longest throwers, instead of who has the best wind condition that given week.

Last edited:
You should probably check it out. the guys there are only really throwing just over 600. I don't know if anyone is throwing 700. You have to remember at the Big D all throws are wind assisted. With wind assisted throws the form is much different. They throw it very high and on an anhyzer usually right out of the hand. I know Avery was throwing mid 160g destroyers for his D shots and I guess last year in practice he had one that could have broke the record. I wouldn't put Avery at much more than 600' so if I was where you are I would give it a chance!

what's the point if you're playing in a specialized location with specialized conditions?

how does that translate to or in any way help your regular game under normal circumstances?

"Yeah baby, when it's 59 degrees outside, the wind is blowing towards the SSE at 7 mph, and i'm at an altitude of 5400 feet, i have a 13 inch dong. Now that it's 80 in the desert with no wind at sea level, i'm hung like an elf"

???

seriously, who give's a **** about big d competitions?

/congrats to whats-his-nuts anyway for getting that distance. :rolleyes: :\

but i do also agree with Avery, where he says he thinks they should hold a more realistic long drive competition with normal conditions, so that way the longest throwers will be the longest throwers, instead of who has the best wind condition that given week.

It would be interesting. The distance competitions are cool, but I'm more interested in how far someone can drive in calm conditions using a typical x-step style run-up on a golf line.

more to the point, how many disc golf championships does sandstrom have?

EDIT:yeah, kinda just what mike c said

more to the point, how many disc golf championships does sandstrom have?

EDIT:yeah, kinda just what mike c said

He doesn't even play, has a kid, and when he practices it is for distance!

If he actually felt Professional golf was a career choice he could be VERY good.

Awesome that you are getting it that far. I just keep thinking about how when I realised how much longer just 300' is than I thought and reached that and thats where I have been, then I see some guys on the course throwing 400' and just the difference in the speed of the disc from my 300' to that and then a guy I played with making an ace run on a hole that was over 450' and watching him bomb over 500' at times. Would love to see a 600'+ throw in person.

You've obviously been blessed with a gift. Put it to good use. I've been playing for many years, and probably max out around 400'

if I saw someone throw 500', I think I'd quit playing. All this work and I can't get 300' consistently with any disc. If a pro played my local courses, they would be pissed for wasting their time!

i have been playing just over 3 months, i dont think that next year if i am still playing this game i will be throwing much over 600, i think i just got lucky and picked up the form on accident, throwing however came natural. but if somehow next year i am throwing 700' i might go try that Big D in the desert thing, and their will prob be a better disc by then too!

I hope you really consider it Kachtz! Congratulations. Regardless of what anyone says we all get out into the field and try to get our Max D!! I would love to see you set a record someday...I can say, 'I knew and supported him when he was just a weenie arm throwing 500 ft.'

I can only imagine what you would do with something understable like Sandstrom's record with a DX Valk....but I'm scared to even open that can of worms on here!!!

Latest posts