• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

8th Annual Iowa Masters Championships - 6/3/2018 - Maytag Park in Newton

Hamer

Here is the flyer for the 8th Annual Iowa Masters Championships by Vicious Circle Disc Golf.

The tournament will take place on the disc golf course at Maytag Park in Newton, Iowa.

Attachments

• Flyer2018.JPG
    Flyer2018.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 21
We had 73 players last weekend. That was our largest turnout ever for the Masters tournament. Thank you to the competitors. We will see you next year.

Here are the results
https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/36057 .

Kind of unrelated question, but I am doing RAGBRAI this year and I plan on playing whatever disc golf is available in the host towns. Newton is one of the stops - do you know if the course will be available to play or is it going to be pulled for RAGBRAI crowds? I'm not sure where they will have everyone set up. Is Woodland worth a play?

I doubt that they would pull the baskets at Maytag Park even if they had bikers camping there. I do not know that for sure though since I do not live in Newton. Definitely play the course while you are in town. The Woodland course is only a twelve basket course and I have never played it.

Kind of unrelated question, but I am doing RAGBRAI this year and I plan on playing whatever disc golf is available in the host towns. Newton is one of the stops - do you know if the course will be available to play or is it going to be pulled for RAGBRAI crowds? I'm not sure where they will have everyone set up. Is Woodland worth a play?

Woodland is a pretty decent 12 holer that's definitely worth playing if you're here. I doubt they pull the baskets from there or Maytag but since the plan is for the RAGBRAI riders to camp in the parks I'm guessing they'll both be unplayable. There's a GREAT hidden gem 10 miles west of Newton in Colfax (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1477) that I'd recommend if you can get over there. They just added new Innova Pro 28s this year.

I just checked with the parks director and he said he isn't planning on pulling the baskets but both courses will be unplayable on the 25th. He said they should be playable sometime on the 26th depending on when people leave, he's guessing late morning.

I just checked with the parks director and he said he isn't planning on pulling the baskets but both courses will be unplayable on the 25th. He said they should be playable sometime on the 26th depending on when people leave, he's guessing late morning.

Ah, then I won't be able to play since I'll be with the main crowds. Bummer.

Woodland is a pretty decent 12 holer that's definitely worth playing if you're here. I doubt they pull the baskets from there or Maytag but since the plan is for the RAGBRAI riders to camp in the parks I'm guessing they'll both be unplayable. There's a GREAT hidden gem 10 miles west of Newton in Colfax (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1477) that I'd recommend if you can get over there. They just added new Innova Pro 28s this year.

Unfortunately Colfax is away from the RAGBRAI route. We'll be coming in from State Center south towards Newton via Baxter.

Latest posts