• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] A Comprehensive Speed 12 Poll

Which speed 12 driver do you prefer?

• Discraft Force

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • Innova Destroyer

Votes: 87 44.2%
  • Dynamic Discs Tresspass

Votes: 28 14.2%
  • Westside Sword

Votes: 34 17.3%
  • Prodigy D-series

Votes: 12 6.1%
  • DGA Hurricane

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • Millennium Scorpius

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Discmania DD Hysteria

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Latitude 64 Havoc

Votes: 8 4.1%
  • Gateway Slayer

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

5QU166Y

Double Eagle Member
I am looking at finally adding some warp-speed drivers to my bag, and I'm currently looking at different distance drivers. Since I have never really thrown this speed before, I have no prejudices or opinions for or against any disc in particular.

Therefore, I have included in the poll what seem to be the most popular speed 12 drivers (2.2 and 2.3 cm rims) from various companies. If I failed to include your favorite disc in this poll, feel free to make a case for it in a post below.

I like several of these: Z Force for my windfighting meathook, DD Hysteria for OS/control distance, Trespass for max straight distance, Sword for massive turnovers and annys.

A Lat64 Flow is an "11" but is more aerodynamic ("faster") than many discs in the same category.

I hate how much talk there is about speed numbers on here...it's an arbitrary concept:|

A Lat64 Flow is an "11" but is more aerodynamic ("faster") than many discs in the same category.

I hate how much talk there is about speed numbers on here...it's an arbitrary concept:|

I feel the same way. That's why I included discs based on rim thickness, not by manufacturer flight ratings. The Flow has the same rim thickness (2.2 cm) as a Destroyer, so I would classify it as a speed 12, but the Havoc has a rim thickness of 2.3 cm, and it seems to be a more popular disc. That's also why the Quasar was not included (2.5 cm).

Force/Sword is a good combination. Force for headwind and hooks, sword for everything else.

Latitude Villain... but it must be in GoldLine plastic :)

Villian is 2.1, so it doesn't quite make the cut.

I can test the Sword, Tresspass, and probably a Destroyer, but I would have to buy the others to test them.

I am tempted to wait for MVP to come out with a 12-speed Volt...

Rim isnt everything when it comes to "warp speed" :).. but then I would suggest the Westside Giant... in comparison to the Villain, The Giant is loved by everyone who has tried it. With the Villain its more 50/50... either you like it, or you dont.

I retract my previous about the Villain and replacing with Westside Giant Tournament Plastic :)

The lace feels pretty cozy in the hand, you can squeeze the rim in a little, to me is always been more of a Spd 12

I throw 350 and here is my experience

Force: Threw a few of my friends flat Zs and ESPs. the Zs for me were straight flying but very overstable, and the esp was straight flying and overstable so neither were max D for me. Bought my own 170 Z online for headwinds and ended up getting a pop top which was NukeOS overstable even after beating the living **** out of it so I didn't like that. Flew straight in absolutely ridiculous headwinds though lol.

Star Destroyer: I've thrown plenty of new run AJ star destroyers from 165-175 from pretty beat up to brand new and they all flew the same; straight and overstable like an esp force but a hair straighter (longer). Not max d but great in headwinds for me and great for forehands and all sorts of shots. I can throw them full power with just a hair of anny and get better D of out of them but then it's easy for me to give it a little too much anny so I don't do that. I also own a domey (not pop top) older bottom stamp with a lower plh and a little wear and I can launch this disc flat as fast as I can and it will go straight for longer and still act overstable, like a longer plus rim C PD. My buddy who throws 400 has many in various stages of wear and varieties like *D, S/DS, bottom stamp, AJ, and others and they all fly pretty unique. Your only good bet is to buy some and see how they fly for you, but if you buy new AJs expect every one to be very overstable even after you sand off the flashing.

Trespass: This disc has an identical rim to a wraith or surge (~2.10-2.15 average when I measured a ton of all three with calipers) so it's really a speed 11 in my mind but who cares. The rim is a little shallower than a wraith or surge if you are into that. I threw a first run lucid and I could throw it with a tiny bit of hyzer and it would flip it up, over, and come back at the end landing dead straight of my aim. I bought a 174 BF and love it, it is my go to driver on 350 holes even if they are tight. If I throw it a full 350 flat it will turn plenty and end pretty straight but always left of where I aimed. If I throw it a full 350 with a tiny bit of hyzer it will flip up and fly straight and end left of where I aimed. This is all also true of my 169 Z and 169 ESP surges but they do not turn quite as much so I may go back to them in the near future, still deciding.

DD Hysteria: The 174 S I threw was straight and overstable like an esp force with a smaller rim. This felt like a "speed 11" to me but I didn't get to measure any.

Havoc: I have thrown many of my friends in varying weights and plastics and they were all understable. Would be sweet for hyzer flips or in tailwinds or right turners.

I am also interested in trying a 700s D1+D2+D3, sparkle hurricane, sirius scorpius, and maybe a vip sword in the future.

Latest posts