• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] A little ROC help?

I8URZ28

Birdie Member
Ok, I have loved rocs since the first time I threw one. I am trying to get a good stock pile going. I was wondering whaT the difference was in flight of some of the models. I know the difference between rancho, San Marino, Ontario. I am wondering about slight differences, if any, in 10x, 11x, 12x kc pro rocs, dx, dx flat tops, etc. Please don't post about star, champion, or roc + because I don't like the way these feel. They don't feel like a "true roc" to me. But that is just my opinion.

flat tops have very little fade to me and seem to be just stable lazer beams. the stable midrange rocs seem to fly very similar to the flat tops maybe a little more overstable and the 11x kc pros are pretty over stable and beat in nice and straight

I am mainly throwing 12x kc pro right now, have 3 in the bag accompanied by a dx glo San Marino. Recently bought three dx flat tops that haven't showed up yet. I was just wondering if it was going to be like teebirds. It's so exspensive to buy back up 11x. I also heard once that maybe tournament stamp discs could be different than factory stamped discs. Any truth to that. All of my 12x kc pros are tourney stamps.

10x are the best IMO. 11x pretty good and the 12x...meh. But 10x and 11x are hard to come by. What makes 10x better is the nicer DX plastic and less dome. They fly nice like old DX San Marinos. The orange 12x KC are pretty nice, the white 12x was too slick for me.

I've seen some good DX plastic in the Ice Bowl Rocs and some CFR flat tops in a pro-like plastic. Flat tops hold a great line and don't get as much lift as a domier Roc.

Thing is, is that DX Rocs aren't always created equal depending on the run and type of plastic used. Some may call that a problem, but its really a problem in trying to explain Rocs, and if you know what you are looking for you can find a real gem of a disc.

Ya I had an orange. Ace disc that I lost and no one called :(. I have a blue and two yellows in the bag right now. The yellows are really "dry" and powdery with great grip. Probably my favorite so far. The blue is pretty domey while the yellows are a little flatter. Maybe just pile up yellow and oranges for now. And buy a couple 11x to try out. Anyone know where to get any non-white 11x? 9/10 or brand new.

I found flat tops to be good for new Rocs (they were nice and overstable and penetrated into the wind better than domier runs) but not very good when beat. They seemed to get kind of squirrley in the high speed part of their flight. They didn't have that nice, gradual turn like the domier versions. I like the kind of domey, but not too domey Rocs myself.

I am mainly throwing 12x kc pro right now, have 3 in the bag accompanied by a dx glo San Marino. Recently bought three dx flat tops that haven't showed up yet. I was just wondering if it was going to be like teebirds. It's so exspensive to buy back up 11x. I also heard once that maybe tournament stamp discs could be different than factory stamped discs. Any truth to that. All of my 12x kc pros are tourney stamps.

I think you might be on to something. I don't know if they are different but my tourney stamps seem to be a little different too. Way more grippy and flatter too but maybe that is the generally bigger stamp that tourney discs have.

I have several 12x KCs. Some have "midrange" under Roc and some have "multi-purpose". Any difference in these?

^^not really...
differences will come in flat top versus super dome rocs... Domey rocs are AWEFUL in my opinion... all predictability is lost with a huge dome.

10x have the most glide and hold the line the best. They are my personal favorite.
11x are the most stable and are good in the wind.

^^not really...
differences will come in flat top versus super dome rocs... Domey rocs are AWEFUL in my opinion... all predictability is lost with a huge dome.

You are wrong.... well maybe you are right with DX.
But I have some domey 180 champ rocs that are more stable then any gator I have ever thrown.

The dome is all the difference when it comes to stability of a champ roc.

I also prefer the flat tops. Just bought 2 more with one that might currently be in the mail box. I found a super flat DX "Infinitys End" stamped in gold on the front. Love it. Holds suck a beautifule line.

The domier rocs IMO are less consistent flyers, but much better when they have a decent amount of wear and tear on them. Granted they are more stable, but consistancy is lost, until they beat up.

You are wrong.... well maybe you are right with DX.
But I have some domey 180 champ rocs that are more stable then any gator I have ever thrown.

The dome is all the difference when it comes to stability of a champ roc.

yeah, I don't throw any rocs besides dx :\