• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A very Bogey X-mas...

Homestead is ok. My main complaint was that the brick tee pads were coming apart and the course is kind of open. Most of the courses on the West side of Fl are open, though Estero is still partially unplayable.

What time you planning on getting to Monroe on new years? If the timing is right, you could swing by Winton Woods b4 the tourney starts and snag a round with Sisyphus or myself... It only takes about 30-45min to play that course, lol.
I won't rule that out. Lemme check the distances and times out, to see if it's feasible, and get back to you on that.

I won't rule that out. Lemme check the distances and times out, to see if it's feasible, and get back to you on that.

Tourney tees off at 10:30am. So, we would have to either play early so I can sign up b4 10am, or sign up when they start accepting at 9ish. Either way should work and I could probably get someone to pay for if we cant line that up. Oh, I almost forgot. This course is part of a county park district and has a parking pass system. Last year non-residents pay $3/day but it might have gone up to $5 this year. So if that scares you off, I wouldn't blame ya. $5 to play a rinky dink little course once might be a bit much. I wind up going there, or the other 3 courses they have, a couple more times a year, so it isn't too bad for me to buy the yearly pass..

New Was very good... I'd say it's the best in the Jax area over Fore Palms/Ed Austin. They expanded adding two more permanent 18 hole courses, plus a 9 hole (beginner/rec level course), bringing it to 4 courses and 65 holes totsl. Guess I'll have to check those out next time I visit my brother.

Langley is an excellent course that's quite challenging, yet not quite so punishing so that it stays fun. Quite well executed, intelligently designed, and a real pleasure to play. Never felt like completely over matched by the long tees like some championship caliber courses make me feel. It was my first taste of Disc Golf Park project and all I can say is "more please!"

Thanks to SJBerry for his guide work. The young man impressed me every bit as much as the course did, exhibiting a maturity and poise you don't typically see 23 yr olds. From parent to parent: kudos to Mr. & Mrs Berry for a job well done. :clap:

Sorry about your Aviar 3. :(

Wait. Stop the presses. There are 65 holes at New World now?!? And 36 at The Memorial too now?!? Yes, must, make, more, Jacksonville trips! Florida is finally getting the DG boom! (better late than never!)

Also RIP Dan Berman, probably the single biggest proponent of DG Jacksonville's had. Met him a couple years ago when I played his course Out Yonder, and he told me he'd been working on the original course at New World. He didn't look particularly well when we talked, and sadly, there's now a memorial stone commemorating his contribution to the sport in the area at one of the later tees at New World, indicating he passed this past April.

Harmon was sooo much fun. Continuously rolling terrain, scenic view after scenic view, so many downhill tee shots... if you don't have a good time here, just quit.

Where are the reviews?????

That has never stopped me. I don't even bring my laptop anymore as most hotels have computers you can use for free.:)

Looks like it's going to be colder than a witch's tit tomorrow in Cincy... Going to try to hit Winton early with Sisyphus, then hit Monroe and Englewood with T Bird.

What time you guys meeting up, Bogey? Just in case something happens and I can make it after all?

I plan to be there at -1 (-14 w/wind chill). :eek:
... that works out to about 8 a.m..

I must be nucking futs...:|

I plan to be there at -1 (-14 w/wind chill). :eek:
... that works out to about 8 a.m..

I must be nucking futs...:|

We all are, I suppose. Hey, if you check in again before morning, let's meet at the first shelter (first driveway on the right), rather than further up by hole 1. There's a fireplace they'll be starting up, so if you get within tap in distance you might get a little warmth & meet some club locals before you head up to Monroe.

We all are, I suppose. Hey, if you check in again before morning, let's meet at the first shelter (first driveway on the right), rather than further up by hole 1. There's a fireplace they'll be starting up, so if you get within tap in distance you might get a little warmth & meet some club locals before you head up to Monroe.
Sounds good, thanks. Look for the 5'6" guy wearing a grey softshel outermost layer... I'll be bundled up like the Michelin man underneath.

Langley is an excellent course that's quite challenging, yet not quite so punishing so that it stays fun. Quite well executed, intelligently designed, and a real pleasure to play. Never felt like completely over matched by the long tees like some championship caliber courses make me feel. It was my first taste of Disc Golf Park project and all I can say is "more please!"

Thanks to SJBerry for his guide work. The young man impressed me every bit as much as the course did, exhibiting a maturity and poise you don't typically see 23 yr olds. From parent to parent: kudos to Mr. & Mrs Berry for a job well done. :clap:

Sorry about your Aviar 3. :(

Sweet, I'm glad you enjoyed playing the course, even if we were being chased by the dusk a bit! I had a lot of fun sharing the course with you and conversing! I hope the rest of your trip goes well and have a happy New Year!

And no worries about the Aviar3, I got backups! :D