• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Aces 2013

First ace of the year, hole 5 at the new O'hauser layout, from the medium tee to the short pin, a 407' flat hole with trees guarding the basket. My longest to date by almost 100' done with a champion Beast.

Ha, I wish I had some distance gain! One hole had a hill behind it and the other is a simple 200' putter shot downhill. Everyone goes for it! :lol:

3rd ace of the year. #3 at kentwood with a beat wizard. Threw it in playing through a group of one discers.

Frank Delicious said:
3rd ace of the year. #3 at kentwood with a beat wizard. Threw it in playing through a group of one discers.

Gotta like hitting a putter ace when you're playing through one discers who are likely throwing Bosses.

We're renovating a local course this summer which includes the installation of concrete tees. I started my day digging the new tee pad for #14. After returning in the evening for more work on the course I played a round with two others and I flicked my Firebird from the old natural tee location. It's a short hole and from the tee it appeared that my disc bounced near the basket but was lying behind it, but when we walked up it was in the pan. Here's hoping I can ace it from the new tee once we pour the concrete... :D

Hit my 6th yesterday, #5 at Cass Benton, 275', Blizz Boss.

09979e85.jpg

Basket is about 15' left of that small pine down the center of the fairway, kind of tucked in by the tree line.

Steve said:
Just hit hole #7 at Pickard Park in Indianola, IA during Bushwhackers League for $320 tonight with a QOLS
Nice!! That's the uphill hole isn't it. I can't even get within deuce range... :oops:

The Des Moines Disc Golf Club played Pickard tonight. I hit an ace on Hole #4 from the shorts. Ace fund was getting big so they played everything from the shorts tonight. 8)

Totally forgot about this. I hit a tomahawk skip ace on a 240ish hole with my Trident four weeks ago but didn't pay the ace pool. I didn't really care that much about the money I missed because the birdie-ace-birdie-birdie-birdie-birdie stretch gave me about the same amount that I had won in the ace pool :D Also I neither saw nor heard it. I had already turned away from my shot when I heard the spotter shout: "drin" [english it's just: "in"] :D

Me looking stupid while getting the disc from the basket:
1010990_10151473095911606_1997572173_n.jpg

View from the tee:
4c29ec89.jpg

Hit my 5th of the year back in August on a short putter hyzer and got my 6th tonight at our pre-tourney dubs. Hole 14 Peters Creek DGC, my Wizard kissed off the left side of a tree and redirected perfectly to head straight into the chains. We put in a lot of work on this course this year, rerouting several holes and installing concrete tees. Pretty stoked to have aced hole 14 from both the old and the new tees, as it was the first tee I dug during the project. :D

Latest posts