• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Adidas sponsors Paul McBeth

I find that people that wear through shoes have poor form or are only throwing sidearm.

Most shoes are developed for walking/running/moving forward; not sideways, as we do. We also pivot, which doesn't happen moving forward.

The Swift Rs fit is snug and comfortable. If these things last for a while I'll definitely be a repeat customer. The tread is really nice, and I love the quick lace system. No laces hanging around to get undone or caught on stuff, and it's fast! Big fan so far.

I just read a LA times article that mentions McBeth signed a half a million dollar sponsorship deal? Is this the adidas deal??

Maybe a long term contract including free merchandise, signature discs, entry fees, travel stipends, and winning bonuses?

Seems the reporter cut a few quotes short in order to make it fit his narrative - "McBeth is refreshingly candid about his fellow competitors. "The one I don't like the most is Will," was most likely in reference to whom he least likes to compete against.

Especially considering the quote directly above that is from a local TD - "I have never heard a harsh word out of his mouth."

Makes me wonder what the full story was before the copy editor cut it down to fit the space on the page

{fyi - former journalism student}

Seems the reporter cut a few quotes short in order to make it fit his narrative - "McBeth is refreshingly candid about his fellow competitors. "The one I don't like the most is Will," was most likely in reference to whom he least likes to compete against.

Especially considering the quote directly above that is from a local TD - "I have never heard a harsh word out of his mouth."

Makes me wonder what the full story was before the copy editor cut it down to fit the space on the page

{fyi - former journalism student}

I agree. It seemed a bit choppy.

{fyi - current magazine editor, writer, delivery man}

Man, that is a dumb story. I wish I hadn't read it. But I hope Ricky and Will did. And that they both take him down.

We need to do something about the income inequality in pro disc golf. You can't have one guy making a ton of money and everyone else scraping by. This is why I like the Disc Golf Pro Tour model.

We need to do something about the income inequality in pro disc golf. You can't have one guy making a ton of money and everyone else scraping by. This is why I like the Disc Golf Pro Tour model.

i disagree. i think paul will bring in sponsors to himself and then hopefully these companies will see an opportunity to put money in the sport. its up to the other competitors to get some sponsors as well. paul has set himself up so all that matters is the game. financially he is fine and his travel arrangements are top notch for a disc golf touring pro. he has no worries except the course and the competitors. Disc golfers need to seek out sponsors for not but i hope that'll change at some point.

i disagree. i think paul will bring in sponsors to himself and then hopefully these companies will see an opportunity to put money in the sport. its up to the other competitors to get some sponsors as well. paul has set himself up so all that matters is the game. financially he is fine and his travel arrangements are top notch for a disc golf touring pro. he has no worries except the course and the competitors. Disc golfers need to seek out sponsors for not but i hope that'll change at some point.

In golf back in the late 50s/60s a guy named Arnold Palmer helped increase $ on the PGA Tour. Jack Nicklaus helped push it further in the 70s/80s. But, those guys made most of their $ with their business ventures. In the 90s/00s, dude named Tiger Woods helped the purses explode. Now you can be the 125th best golfer and be a millionaire. Maybe Climo was Palmer/Nicklaus, and McBeth is Woods. IF he brings $ to the game, they should all thank him just like golfers should worship Woods for what he did for their bank accounts.

Edit: Only IF the $ trickles down to them too.

Last edited:

Latest posts