• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2024 chess.com Invitational

yah before it was dead simple to see the scores on udisc

now its clicking and investigating and it just kills the buzz

too hard to access probably leads to ppl not caring and losing their interest

when i tried to check some scores it said some gateway error or something along the lines of that (cant remember which day tho)
www.pdgalive.com

This is remotly mapped from Minnesota. Wondering what I could do if I could afford to be there in person? Drop zone is in the right place and the OB landing area is scaled much better and in proportion. I also wonder how the commentary would change if they had detailed charts. I have not heard a single mention of the minimum distance to land in bounds or the distance from drop zone 1 to the basket.
That is some amazing work there. The distance measurements and elevation change really show the extremes on that hole.
I was able to watch hole 18 on several of the broadcasts (multiple rounds, FPO and MPO) and I don't recall hearing those distances, they seem pretty important for the shots needed.

how are people quickly finding the tourney scores

i used to type into google "udisc live" and everything would immediately pop up

now it feels like im either searching forever/too many clicks or it errors out
The Udisc website notes that since DGPT changed platforms, Udisc will no longer keep scores for any Event...is that the way everybody else reads that? It will only be a usable platform for local/public use?

The Udisc website notes that since DGPT changed platforms, Udisc will no longer keep scores for any Event...is that the way everybody else reads that? It will only be a usable platform for local/public use?
correct

it was not easy to find this weekend when you would google search it or try to find scores

however with that new link bhadella posted the pdga must have created a link

and sounds like others were having error/gateway issues so people couldnt see scores if they found the link anyways

basically it was a poor roll out of a new live scoring format

one would think this should have been tested and figured out before the tourney

The only thing i dont like about this course is the amount of blind shots, which doesnt film well, nor spectate well i would imagine.
You should try playing this course, that was the big takeaway I had, about half the drives are blind shots. Luckily, BuiltTooLong got there early and found a couple of locals for us to throw with.
I thought the use of a Tee Cam and a Catch Cam covered the throws and hole layout pretty well.
I was not impressed with the #17 they played, normally that is two holes, #16 plays from the same tee to the top of the hill (right side), a real short, putter drive (but the view from up there is pretty cool). Then #17 tee was back and left of the tee shot landing area, to the same basket. The drive that MPO had to make, blind, over the hill, over the pond, to a very narrow, perpendicular fairway was very difficult.

that is easy enough thank you

they must have just recently added that i couldnt find it this weekend

correct

it was not easy to find this weekend when you would google search it or try to find scores

however with that new link bhadella posted the pdga must have created a link

and sounds like others were having error/gateway issues so people couldnt see scores if they found the link anyways

basically it was a poor roll out of a new live scoring format

one would think this should have been tested and figured out before the tourney
There has been a PDGA live scorekeeping page for DGPT Elite series events with hole by hole scoring since 2021 I think. They have always entered the player's scorecard as the official score (paper or digital) on the PDGA event page and NOT UDisc since that stat/scorekeeping was done by a non-player generally. 'View hole scores' & 'Live scores & stats at PDGA Live' links shows up the day of the event on the normal event page I think (maybe triggered by a TD action in tournament manager?) DGPT - Chess.com Invitational presented by Discraft. At least thats what I have experienced when scoring for PDGA events.

I wonder if the new stats calculations/tracking overloaded (self DDOS) the PDGA Live backend services with all the additional traffic. Just happened to affect all events keeping score via PDGA live.

UDisclive no longer being the place to go for DGPT events will be an adjustment. Probably just need to bookmark & go direct to this page with all PDGA events going on - PDGA Live

The Lynds twins were both somewhat outspoken, but their mother was by far more vocal about it, to the point of infantilizing her own daughters, saying there was no way possible they could throw far enough to take a 4 on a 1000 foot hole, after Natalie did that.
I've played a few tournament rounds with them and their mother is... a character.

I don't believe the player takes a lost disc penalty there if the group believes it's likely the disc is in the "relief" water. When a disc is not found and the group agrees the disc landed in OB water, the player gets the OB penalty and not the lost disc penalty. The same idea should apply to relief water. If group cannot find the disc and it's clear or likely the disc landed in the relief water, they should only get relief with no penalty even though the player loses the disc.
Yes, if the water was declared to be a 806.04 Relief Area they would be able to re-throw or throw from within a meter from where the disc went in - without penalty.

Your suggestion for a future rule change where all kinds of unworkable or illegal throws are dealt with by counting the throw but not changing the lie would also work. Then, we wouldn't need all these different rules about what to do in very similar situations.

So the big buzzword for the newly redesigned Olympus is elevation. Or as Jeff Spring said "lots of incline and decline." So what's up with another tourney with completely flat maps? You need the right data and the right software to process it but it's not rocket science...View attachment 333855
Give yourself more credit. It's nearly rocket science. But, hiring someone who can do it is easy.

My experience was...
Checked for scores on Friday, found nothing live on the web, but was playing around with the app and noticed that the scores were live. The app definitely seemed buggy for both recording scores for our tournament and trying to view the results on Saturday. On Saturday afternoon, I tried to find the scores again on the web and discovered a page (in hindsight, I think it may have been a zombie page that I just misinterpreted) that seemed to say that live scoring would be available on the app, but not the webpage, so I just used the app for the rest of the weekend. My experience with the app was pretty good after the buggy-ness on Saturday and I found it easier to navigate than the UDisc pages.

PDGALive.com has been around for probably about 10 years now. DGPT events have had a special call-out at the top of the page for at least 3-4 years, and the players' official scores have been recorded on there as long. Additionally, there will be a mirror of this on DGPT.com in the near future.

PDGALive.com has been around for probably about 10 years now. DGPT events have had a special call-out at the top of the page for at least 3-4 years, and the players' official scores have been recorded on there as long. Additionally, there will be a mirror of this on DGPT.com in the near future.
seems a little cumbersome to do an event search and poke around that way

either way bhadella seems to have had the best recommendation so far

Not much "poking around" involved. Open the PDGA app or the webpage and the Elite Series event for the week is the very first thing at the top of the page.
1709042965369.png

Thanks. This is the website info that confused me:

pdga_live.PNG

So, when I read the part highlighted in yellow, I took that to mean live scoring and the statistics. I did try the link circled in red and the page did not load, so assumed that it was just not yet ready. As I said earlier, the app did work well after some initial issues on Saturday.

It's good that a search of "live disc golf scores" in Google now brings up PDGA Live as the first result, where last week the first result was for UDisc and the next several results were PGDA press releases.

Not much "poking around" involved. Open the PDGA app or the webpage and the Elite Series event for the week is the very first thing at the top of the page.
View attachment 334040
i dont have the app nor do i care to install it

i usually look from a desktop

how do you find it on pdga website (i dont see anything saying "click here for live scores of dgpt event" type thing)

i do apologize that i need this spoon fed but im clearly not understanding