• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Adidas sponsors Paul McBeth

Wowzas. That's great for him. How many pairs of shoes does he go through in a season?

That's the kind of big name the game needs recognizing the value.

:thmbup: Good for him! I'll bet sponsorship like this could net him some real change.

attachment.php

glad tidings for our humble DG! I honestly thought Oakley would be his first mainstream sponsor, what with him sporting their shirts and all. nice work, mcbeast.

Attachments

• Capture.GIF
    Capture.GIF
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,179
Last edited:
Wow....I wonder how innova feels about that. Maybe he will wear adidas shoes and socks? Details anyone?

Aww this was my dream. Sadly my talents are outside disc golf.

Good for him. So awesome

Wow....I wonder how innova feels about that. Maybe he will wear adidas shoes and socks? Details anyone?

I'm sure Innova is ecstatic for him. Why wouldn't they be? There's no conflict of interest since Innova doesn't produce shoes nor have any kind of business deal with another shoe company. Now if they started making a line of shoes, like Latitude has, maybe then there'd be a conflict. Until then, good for Paul.

About time! I'd assume the amount is sizeable for disc golf and Paul Mcbeth, but chump change for adidas. Win win. I've been saying some company should jump in and now my favorite brand with my favorite player. #McThreestripes

His announcement on Facebook:

2016: We are almost one month into the books and it's already been an incredible year! I want to thank and announce Adidas Shoes as my sponsor for 2016. This are by far the most comfortable and durable shoes I've ever used for disc golf. Lightweight and water proof is a must when you play day in and day out rain or shine. @adidasoutdoor another awesome accomplishment for 2016 is I've hit 1055 in my player rating! That was one of my 2016 goals so now it's to maintain and raise that bar. @innovadiscs ‪#‎respecttheoffseason‬ ‪#‎ToTheTop‬ ‪#‎BabySteps‬ ‪#‎Adidas‬ @adidas

Sounds like it's just a shoe deal? Not necessarily apparel as well.

Even if it's as minor as them providing him with some free shoes, that's an awesome deal for him!

Wow....I wonder how innova feels about that

I'm sure that Innova is over the moon any major corporation sponsoring their main guy, depending on the details of Adidas's arrangement, of course. At the very least, it's a neutral result. Can't be a negative. If Adidas has now decided to market disc golf at all, that means more disc golfers. More disc golfers means more discs being sold. More discs being sold means more $ for Innova.

In fact, the entrance of a company like Adidas into disc golf increases the possibility of a company like Adidas or a another investment/VC firm just buying Innova outright. So, depending on the position and situation of the owners/partners of Innova, that could be very good for them as well.

Looking forward to reading the details. The most important thing would be if Adidas does any actual promotion of the game or Paul. If they just end up sending him a bunch of shoes & apparel and that's it, that would be cool but not really a seismic game-changer.

Last edited:

Innova will love it. He'll wear an Adidas shirt with an Innova label on it. Most of the sponsored shirts these guys wear are from major lables.

I suspect that Adidas see the potential to move a lot of shoes to disc golfers. Remember, these guys make walking shoes and sell plenty. Adidas already makes a great disc golf shoe, although they might not realize it. The biggest problem with disc golf shoes is that they peal apart due to torsion. Most running and hiking shoes now use a set up where they don't have a solid bottom, instead they have areas where the traction or tread is glued to subsections of the bottom in an "artful" way. Because the bottom isn't solid, the traction areas peal off fairly quickly.

There is one notable exception, trail running shoes. Because trail running shoes take a lot of torsion, and punching from rocks, the companies tend to make a solid sheet bottom. In many cases, they actually put very nice treads on the bottom too, because of the nature of the sport. Adidas has a very nicely priced shoe in this category that is my mainstay; the bottoms work very well and don't peal apart.

An even better shoe is the Solomon speedcross series. Not only does it have a solid molded bottom, but they add in a wrap around outer shell that goes all the way up from the tread, to half way up the shoe. It keeps the midsole from pealing away from the upper, a problem that those who roll their ankle on release often encounter. It's an expensive shoe, but well put together.

There is one notable exception, trail running shoes. Because trail running shoes take a lot of torsion, and punching from rocks, the companies tend to make a solid sheet bottom. In many cases, they actually put very nice treads on the bottom too, because of the nature of the sport. Adidas has a very nicely priced shoe in this category that is my mainstay; the bottoms work very well and don't peal apart.

I've been rocking those Adidas trail running shoes since last season. They are fantastic. Super hardcore tread, light weight, water resistant and they hold up to a beating. Played from March until December in them, and they still look new ish.

Didn't Paul rock Adidas indoor soccer shoes for the Euro Open? I recall him saying they worked best on the turf teepads they used and manicured fairways.

I get it's a big brand name, but doesn't Keen sponsor Doss? Is this really earth-shattering?

I mean, good for him, it's awesome, but....

I get it's a big brand name, but doesn't Keen sponsor Doss? Is this really earth-shattering?

I mean, good for him, it's awesome, but....

Keen sponsors doss, avery, and a few others.

This is only a big deal if there is chunk of $$$ involved. If it's just Paul getting a bunch of free shoes it's really not earth shattering. If he's getting PAID to wear their shoes its a very big deal. Of course, I'm sure we'll never know which it is.

Latest posts