• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Advice on back pain

Just bought Core performance. It seems that they limit the workouts to 20-30 minutes for the first 4 weeks and then expands to 40-60 minutes. They also had "Core Essentials" which limited the workouts to 30- minutes per day, but it seemed that you could trim the other's workouts yourself, so I opted for the the original book. Luckily, we have a gym at work so it makes it that much easier to workout for me. From what I saw it is a 6 week program. That puts me out to the end of April, right after my first tourny, but before the season really starts to swing. If I read the book and like it, I'll post back on how it goes.

Ya. It is, as I say, a great book. But I do agree with you ... while I speak highly of the book and principles I do not follow the routines strictly either. I'm 39 and think the window of professional sport has closed on me :lol: Err, ya, pretty sure of that.
BUT I have taken many of the CORE movements and with the consultation of my chiropractor have come up with a routine that isn't "ambitious" but still requires a committment. Again, this stuff gave me back (no pun) my life! You feel a deep tightening somewhere inside your lower back that runs through to the groin area and it feels great!
I agree with the hamstring stuff though - while they need to be stretched and kept healthy, the back (as I was also told) must be worked in a concave fashion and not bending over to touch the toes type of thing - very bad.

I'm enjoying this discussion but I wonder if the original author has heard enough :D :!:

I have a bad back on several levels.

I have a bent spine that causes my rib below my scapulas to pop out. I have been dislocating rins since I was 13.

My spine is not straight at the base. My lower back is actually sitting crooked on my pelvis. 15 million golf balls later, my discs in my lower spine are pretty fried.

Then, on top of all that I have a bad sacrum joint, exacerbated by a fall in the Carrollton Open last year. This is a joint just above my right rear pocket.

Despite all this, disc golf with good form is actually good form my back. The walking really helps too.

I recommend a Temerpedic mattress and a VERY VERY good Chiropractor. You must commit to treatment over time to improves. Any kind of yoga, martial arts, paladies, stretching etc are good for bad backs.

I actually throw as far as ever (I think, anyway).

I pretty much live on a mix of Aleve, Ibruprofen, and Celebrex in the winter. When it hits 100 degrees I feel much better.

The number one thing I can say is that your form must improve to improve your ability to play with injury.

Bradley Walker said:
I have a bad back on several levels.

I have a bent spine that causes my rib below my scapulas to pop out. I have been dislocating rins since I was 13.

My spine is not straight at the base. My lower back is actually sitting crooked on my pelvis. 15 million golf balls later, my discs in my lower spine are pretty fried.

Then, on top of all that I have a bad sacrum joint, exacerbated by a fall in the Carrollton Open last year. This is a joint just above my right rear pocket.

OK. Wow. I think you win :shock:

Latest posts