• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] AGL Baobab

My Baobabs are mainly in Woodland, AGL's baseline plastic, which comes in differing stiffnesses. Mediums and Softs are the closest to Tarpit, although it should be noted that Tarpit has more grip and give overall.

For low power chip shots/putts beat ones fly similarly to fresh Armor and Fossil Serpents but are still more high and low speed stable, and I consider, and use them, as my OS Serpents.
On stronger throws the spoiler effect kicks in and increases the high speed stability, just like on the Stego. The difference, and what might cause somebody to think that spoiler effect doesn't happen, is the lack of fade the mold has. This is readily apparent when throwing the two molds back to back.

Thrown on a steep anhyzer a Stego will pull to flat and then a hyzer angle while ending up off the centerline, left of it on BH and right on FH. Baobabs pull to flat and land on the centerline.
That makes it sound like it will fit in between my serpent and Stego exactly like I'd hope! I think, at low power; I just can't get a clean consistent release with a fresh serpent like I can a beat one or any stego. There is some flashing I've noticed on the bottom of the rim on a lot of them when fresh that my fingers can snag or drag on upon release.

read a couple places yesterday that their hemp woodland blend is a Lil less stable than regular woodland and I got a handful of matching medium hemps to try out.
I've got a 157 Tarpit that does those lines really well. No hate to AGL, but I prefer the OG.
This is actually really awesome to hear as well, I reaaaally like tarpit stegos. Mold minimization is my religion too. So hopefully I can snag a few white tarpit backups, and a stack of lightweights and glows when this new run drops. We will see what the supply looks like tho.

It's kinda funny, I first tried RDG looking to replace my rhynos with Scales, then I gave up on Scales to focus on Serpents and now I've finally found my rhyno replacement in the stego, except it is the glideless rhyno of my dreams and so much more.