• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

All quiet on the western front

Do not go anywhere slowarm you did nothing wrong. I wish the crap would be cut which is why i put out some data contradicting the messages from another dimension from bents. I really would like his misinformation campaign to stop so i see no alternative to banning him.

This insistence that "I'm the anonymous person on the internet giving the most reliable information" is hilarious and ironic. Ever consider the possibility that we could all be full of shit? Why does it even matter what another anonymous person on the internet's opinion of your anonymous remarks are?

This thread seems to profoundly demonstrate why DGR has lost popularity. Nobody wants to read this immature bickering. There's no reason to respond to someone who disagrees with you more than once, because it's futile. I mean seriously, let's summarize:

"I'm right and you're wrong."
"No, I'm right and YOU'RE wrong."
"That's a lie."
"LIAR!"
"Here's a list of lies."
"That list is lies."
"Stop posting, jerk."
"YOU'RE the jerk, YOU stop posting."
"Ban the jerk!"
"Yes, ban the jerk!"
"JERK!"

:roll:

andrew said:
...Nobody wants to read this immature bickering...
This x1000. And unfortunately it's permeated every active thread it seems. State your piece, agree to disagree and move on if need be. We're not ending world hunger here, we're throwing freaking frisbees for Pete's sake.

andrew said:
This insistence that "I'm the anonymous person on the internet giving the most reliable information" is hilarious and ironic. Ever consider the possibility that we could all be full of shit? Why does it even matter what another anonymous person on the internet's opinion of your anonymous remarks are?

This thread seems to profoundly demonstrate why DGR has lost popularity. Nobody wants to read this immature bickering. There's no reason to respond to someone who disagrees with you more than once, because it's futile. I mean seriously, let's summarize:

"I'm right and you're wrong."
"No, I'm right and YOU'RE wrong."
"That's a lie."
"LIAR!"
"Here's a list of lies."
"That list is lies."
"Stop posting, jerk."
"YOU'RE the jerk, YOU stop posting."
"Ban the jerk!"
"Yes, ban the jerk!"
"JERK!"

:roll:

I'm full of shit,but I eat a lot of fiber. :p

Trying to bring humor to the situation.

ferretdance03 said:
andrew said:
...Nobody wants to read this immature bickering...
This x1000. And unfortunately it's permeated every active thread it seems. State your piece, agree to disagree and move on if need be. We're not ending world hunger here, we're throwing freaking frisbees for Pete's sake.

I put him on the ignore list a couple of days ago so this post is too late on my account. I agree a out the unpalatability but i do not agree at all about the futility. Because i like the availability of accurate information. Shit storms and piss ants and pissing contents about who can be even more wrong is best left at DGCR.

There is a need for a factual site. Which is why false info needs to be pointed out and countered with accurate info and the trolls exposed. Because the posts remain a new person cannot know who is a troll when they lack the knowledge to see what is correct. Which is why the proliferation of false info needs to be stopped. For the good of the sport. The whole reason of this site was initially to let people know how any disc flies so that they can gauge which onr they need. It is contrary to thst purpose to let people lie about how my discs fly when they have not seen them fly flown by me. We and the future readers do not need that.

The best way to approach factuality is by mutually respecting each other's subjective experiences.

You don't get to the facts by confronting opinions you deem incorrect in hopes of eliminating them- this is a public website, not an Inquisition.

The best way to eliminate trolls is by ignoring them. Arguing only encourages them.

andrew said:
The best way to approach factuality is by mutually respecting each other's subjective experiences.

You don't get to the facts by confronting opinions you deem incorrect in hopes of eliminating them- this is a public website, not an Inquisition.

The best way to eliminate trolls is by ignoring them. Arguing only encourages them.

Sorry but if somebody has a subjective experience that black is white that should not be spread around because it can lead a newbie astray.

Err how does one not get to the facts by presenting them like i did in those threads? That argument does not carry.

I agree on the ignoring part and do that as a rule after i have shone the spotlight for everyone to see that somebody is pushing false info or worse playing out his need to troll. So i have done exactly what you suggest besides laughing my head off at the feeble attempts at discrediting me. I do not take insults personally because it is not fact based so it tells more of the insulter. I only react to the threat disinformation brings and the attempts at refucing the helpfulness thus the quality of this site. I might as well divulge a meta motive in responding without detailing all the mistakes that were made. It was not only laziness in that i did not pull the rug from under him by shooting each of his arguments down. I thought it is a good exercise for you guys to learn internet reading ability and spotting a liar and how they act because the claims he made are so obvious in some cases that it flies on the face of basic dgr knowledge. An example of that is how he reacted to the existence of a plastic blend nick named driver Pro and how it influences the durability of a disc vs softer Pro blends. I leave the detective work for you guys because it was the main reason for me to omit countering much of the equestrian bull mix mash.

JTdisc said:
Can we just stop please?

It takes vigilance to keep this place tidy. I would love to not need to participate in pointing out a difference between ignorance and malice. I have no trouble with people being ignorant but when malice is the motive i quote the reason to ban a person from DGCR overall theme. An ignorant person can learn a malicious person is willfully trying to rip things apart systematically forever. One is benign the other a cancer. So guys get a clue and do not boo the police boo the offender for crissakes. Get a clue.

Don't be fooled by this demented pinhead who's now claiming to be a peacekeeper here.

Here's a post made on May 6th by JR:

"Banhammer that guy please what a liar. Or drug addict or totally incompetent reader in any case unable to connect the dots. I am done correcting his errors. Dgcr take him back."

Liars often like to cry "liar".

So, this is a "flame war" forum without moderators?

Hmm, that could be why it's "All quiet on the western front".

Frank can't post on DGCR anymore and isn't here to administer the thorazine when needed. I miss Frank's wit and wisdom.

JR said:
It takes vigilance to keep this place tidy. I would love to not need to participate in pointing out a difference between ignorance and malice. I have no trouble with people being ignorant but when malice is the motive i quote the reason to ban a person from DGCR overall theme. An ignorant person can learn a malicious person is willfully trying to rip things apart systematically forever. One is benign the other a cancer. So guys get a clue and do not boo the police boo the offender for crissakes. Get a clue.

JR- truth talk from someone who has enjoyed your perspective for years; try listening. You are probably the only person on this site that doesn't realize YOU are making a mess of it, with your obsessive persistence in demonstrating someone else is giving false information. Who that person is, I can't tell you, because I don't care enough to exert the effort to dissect your run-on sentence fragments. Why can't you instead remain focused and professional while discussing YOUR experiences so that the readership can judge for themselves who to believe? We actually don't need you to point out the difference between ignorance and malice, believe it or not. Surely you can't believe you are keeping this place tidy by filling multiple threads full of vitriol as you have been doing of late in an ironic attempt to liken another to cancer. As they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. You are driving the pave-roller.

I, like everyone else, understand that there are people on here who don't know what they're talking about. I also get that they act like they know more than they do. I know these things because it's the freaking internet. But your constant attacks make me empathize with them, which is surely the opposite of your intentions.

Maybe refusing to give newbs a voice is what's ripping DGR apart. Again, try listening. (We already know you love the Coyote.)

Okay, let's cut to the chase here. JR is hardly the peacekeeper who's trying to keep DGR at a high level, as he NOW claims in a weak attempt to salvage his credibility, which was really already lost here quite some time ago. His quote that I inserted in a post above is proof of that. There are many other examples of his insults when people don't agree with him. Challenge him on facts and he goes ballistic.

It appears that he lives in a fantasy world, and this is it. 11,000+ posts and counting. Now, strange as that is, if he would post pertinent and correct info instead of highly biased ramblings, it wouldn't be so much of a problem for this forum. But, no light gets in the black hole. He can never be wrong, and can never accept another viewpoint without "correcting errors" as he likes to put it. His errors are legion. I personally have never seen so much convoluted crap from someone on any internet setting.

As for his odd rambling posts, he needs 3 paragraphs to say what most people can say in a sentence. That demonstrates a high level of insecurity about what he himself has to say, not to mention begs the question about his intelligence level. People who struggle to form clear and cohesive thoughts, or take forever to make simple deductions, usually have cognitive problems, or some other kind of impairment. With that in mind, to then take on the false air of authority, and try and lord this "knowledge" over others, with fits of anger and attacks when disagreed with, clearly indicates a troubled mind, IMO.

And now he's comparing himself to the "police" going after "offenders". So, we have delusion in play too.

The man obviously is not well. Don't encourage him if you want any chance at restoring DGR to normalcy.

I've transitioned to using the ignore/foe list. I suggest others do as well. There's no point in arguing or responding to flame posts. Having a constructive disagreement is great but If someone goes off the deep end, don't respond, just ignore.

andrew said:
JR said:

JR- truth talk from someone who has enjoyed your perspective for years; try listening. You are probably the only person on this site that doesn't realize YOU are making a mess of it, with your obsessive persistence in demonstrating someone else is giving false information. Who that person is, I can't tell you, because I don't care enough to exert the effort to dissect your run-on sentence fragments. Why can't you instead remain focused and professional while discussing YOUR experiences so that the readership can judge for themselves who to believe? We actually don't need you to point out the difference between ignorance and malice, believe it or not. Surely you can't believe you are keeping this place tidy by filling multiple threads full of vitriol as you have been doing of late in an ironic attempt to liken another to cancer. As they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. You are driving the pave-roller.

I, like everyone else, understand that there are people on here who don't know what they're talking about. I also get that they act like they know more than they do. I know these things because it's the freaking internet. But your constant attacks make me empathize with them, which is surely the opposite of your intentions.

Maybe refusing to give newbs a voice is what's ripping DGR apart. Again, try listening. (We already know you love the Coyote.)

You missed the point. I am doing the traditinal dgr thing to trolls flaming. Maybe you should do the leg work of knowing what you talk of instead of criticizing those who have to detect a troll. We do not flame because of ignorance of the facts because this site exists to rectify that. We at dgr have historically flamed those who try to intentionally disrupt that. So you are wide off the mark in thinking i am the disruption when i am doing the traditional dgr self policing. Had you been here long enough you would realize that moderatiob has never been that active and trolls have tried often to spew their shit here and they have been marginalized consistently by the majority. Sorry Andrew but you would have noticed thar i have consistently supplied data of how things are if you had bothered to just read my posts. Instead you chose to think otherwise without checking the facts.not very clever. Maybe you should read more and not jump to conclusions without facts. That is ignorant and luckily not malicious unlike the other guy. So no probs everyone makes mistakes. What has never been tolerated here is intentional disinformation.

You mistook my intervation to horse play to be trolling. When i was anti trolling.

You should take your advice of listening. I have repeatedly written that there is no point in pointing out each falsehood that bentelbow is spewing out so i have not done that because his trolling is so painfully obvious to anyone with even basic knowledge.

What really boggles my mind is how lazy most commenters here are about bothering to check their facts and thus identify the troll. I laugh about that because you are playing right into his wishes by yapping at me in this thread so maybe you guys could follow your own advice and stop. Being the stooges of the troll. He fooled you. Shame on him once shame on you repeatedly falling for the shame double shame on you mistakenly well meaningly yapping at the wrong tree that is doing the time honored self policing. Helping the moderation team in reducing their workload.