• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] All things DGA thread.

DiscOh

Par Member
Just noticed the banner up top for DGA and really seem interested in trying out some of their plastic.

I see they lack an overstabe long range driver which every company has one of those now. Maybe the Tsunami, but it looks to be like a Predator. Has anybody thrown one or have any suggestions for me to try them out? - I'm itching for some new plastic. I like supporting some of the lesser known guys like Millennium and Daredevil Discs.

Just noticed the banner up top for DGA and really seem interested in trying out some of their plastic.

I see they lack an overstabe long range driver which every company has one of those now. Maybe the Tsunami, but it looks to be like a Predator. Has anybody thrown one or have any suggestions for me to try them out? - I'm itching for some new plastic. I like supporting some of the lesser known guys like Millennium and Daredevil Discs.

Tsunami then sparkle hurricanes for my overstable slot.

Tsunami is a old mold pred. In my experience, the pro line hurricanes are a good bit more overstable than the SP ones. DGA has some good really over looked molds. IMO the hurricane is one of the better speed 12 drivers out right now.

I like the hurricane but the trespass took its spot in my bag. The undertow is a great hyzer flip disc as well.

The tsunami is the original mold predator and the rogue is between the surge and surge ss.

The Tsunami seems faster than an old mold pred to me. Hurricane is just a little less stable than a Force, but nearly the same disc. Squall is an excellent turnover disc. It's like a non-sucky Glide. I also dig the Reef. Rogue is a lot like a Surge SS. I've liked everything I've thrown that's DGA.

sp rogue. i originally picked one up to replace a lost surge ss and found the sp rogue to be significantly more stable. not a meathook fade, but difficult to turnover. for me anyway.

DGA is pretty underrated even though their lineup isnt really complete without throwing in some DC molds. They have a fairly solid lineup. The aftershock might be the most underrated disc in disc golf. Titanic and reef are DC copies of magnet and apx i think. Tsunami is an old pred. Rogue is a surge ss. Hurricane is a modified force.

Last edited:
I've been working with the Titanic and I'm quite liking it. It's a deeper rim putter but it has nice control. I don't think it's great for a driving putter but a nice and reliable putter for anything 35' out from the basket. If I remember they use the Magnet mold and either add a spacer or bigger bead, but it does not have the exact same dimensions. Also the sp Rogue is a nice stable driver that I just don't use enough.

I loves me some Blunt Gumbputt! :D For one type of shot: a high approach hyzer that I want to stop right by the basket.

Now that I've stirred the pot this morning...time to disc!

I do not own any, but if forced to play one disc, I would be buying a Squall really fast. Super long for a mid, yet works as a mid. Great disc.

Sparkle Hurricanes definitely can be considered an overstable long range driver. I'd also highly recommend trying out a Rogue and Aftershock. If you do Facebook, the DGA is giving away a free disc every week day this month! You can enter here.. maybe you will end up with a new DGA disc to try! :D

http://www.facebook.com/dgadiscgolf/app_143103275748075?ref=ts

I really like my Proline Aftershock. It flies much like the DX Rancho Roc I'm testing out right now. I like it so much in fact, that I'm watching the mailbox for an SP Line Aftershock that should be here any minute. Unless I fall in love with the DX Roc, I'll probably get a few D-Line Aftershocks from light to heavy to check out. So many mids, so little time.

My Proline Squall is straight stable with a hard fade at the end, much more than my Z Buzzz. I can get it out to 300 with no turn. Everything I read says it has some turn. Maybe I got a fluke but I can rip it like a driver. It's not so useful to me as a powered down mid because of the hard fade and skip.

I have no idea why I bought the Shockwave. No glide and starts to fade upon release. I guess that could be a good thing and I have used it on one shot at my local course that requires a fade left around a tree in front of the basket with water 10' to the left of the basket and the ground sloping toward the water. A less overstable disk thrown with hyzer can catch wind and go in the drink. I can park that 180' shot with the Shockwave almost every time even if the flight does look ungraceful.

I'm tempted to try out an Undertow and a Rogue, but I don't know if they would do me any good over all the drivers I already have.

Last edited:
My favorite DGA disc is a broken in Rogue. I also use a Tsunami for big hyzer FH shots. I think it's speed is somewhere between a Predator and a TeeRex for FH shots for me.

The only DGA disc I ever owned/threw was an Aftershock and it was pretty cool. That was before I started throwing Vibram. Support the little guys!

In the bag are torques but they are the same as shockwaves.
I find that with their straight, major turn, and heavy fade flight i can shape lines like no other.
While i wouldnt call them glideless, they do have less glide than other line shapers. Imo i favor this as i can shape the lines but with better accuracy than say a squall.