• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] All things Westside

Just for reference, I throw Elasto and viP kings that are the most OS I can find. Backhand on a medium hyzer the flip up glide right and fade back either to net or just right or left of it depending on hyzer angle. Those go 400-450 for me.

It's easy to get flippy ones that I find difficult to stay in the air though especially in TP.

I have less experience with it but te Destiny is being billed as a "good king" by many retailers.

soo.... where is the West Side disc tracking tech???

Also, I like Catapults for what you're talkin' about, thrown flat.

soo.... where is the West Side disc tracking tech???

Also, I like Catapults for what you're talkin' about, thrown flat.

Yeah I wonder what happened to that. Probably still working on it. Dave Dunipace recently said that he thinks tech in discs is a little too early for where the technology is now. He said batteries still need to get smaller before it can work on a disc. Who knows though, maybe Westside knows something he doesn't.

I have less experience with it but te Destiny is being billed as a "good king" by many retailers.

When you say a "good King", what do you mean? I know a lot of people prefer the old runs because they're a bit flippier, but I feel like you're referring to the newer runs

Most of the people I know like the more OS ones, if you like flippy ones PM me!

Reviving a bit of an old thread, BUT, I have a question for the bigger arm throwers. At 400+ ft, what is a good s-curve max distance disc? I currently throw a mixed bag, and I have straight-overstable and quite understable. It's either throw it flat and hard, or put a huge hyzer on it. Nothing that I can release at about 8 o'clock and have it pan over to the right and fade back.

I used to throw more Westside in the past and really loved the World, but I know a lot of stable-understable high speed molds have been released since a couple years ago.

I hear the recycled Giants might work well for this. I'm currently using a max weight VIP Destiny and it's perfect right now but once the flashing wears off it might be a different story. Trespass fits really well between Giant and King if you don't want to be strictly Westside.

The Ballista is the "beat in World". Does a very nice tight S-line on 375'.

For a bit less distance, but more control, you could go with Trespass.

When you say a "good King", what do you mean? I know a lot of people prefer the old runs because they're a bit flippier, but I feel like you're referring to the newer runs

When you say "newer runs", what do you mean? IME newer runs are way less stable than older runs, although I havent tried one in 8 months easily.

There was some noise about very early run TP being more understable, then more stable kings were produced for years, and now they are less stable than they ever were.

People throwing new Kings are saying they're less stable than a Destiny, which is pretty nuts.

The most recent run of TP are super flippy and I haven't thrown a newer VIP but the PLH is the lowest I've ever seen so they are probably pretty flippy too.

Someone said they were going to beef it up now with the Queen on the market. Really hope that is accurate. But even if they did that, those runs would be super recent.

Just to answer the couple questions that have been asked, IME, the newer runs of VIP Kings have been a bit more straight stable than understable. Sounds like I might want to check out a Destiny or Ballista. I really like the beat in World description.

I keep buying Kings occasionally and for me I'd say that the oldest ones were the most stable (aka the potbelly Kings) then a bunch of flippy ones that are usually flat to slight dome. The newest ones I've gotten are a bit less flippy but I've eyeballed them hard to get high PLH and decent dome ones.

The first run Snow Ballistas are money imo. Then again, I haven't thrown any of the current ones so I don't know how they compare.

I could convert to All westside I think. I've only recently been getting into there discs. I've got a Hatchet and Northman in their TP. Their plastics feel so nice. If I could get these three discs in westside equivalent I'd be set to fully convert.

Thunderbird
Pure
Envy

The Thunderbird is a tough one for me to give up. Just got a longbowman (after some suggestions) to try out in this place. It will be a tad more overs table than the Thunderbird but we will see!

The Thunderbird is a tough one for me to give up. Just got a longbowman (after some suggestions) to try out in this place. It will be a tad more overs table than the Thunderbird but we will see!

Thunderbird didnt do much for me (trialed a CFR glow champ) but it flew pretty much identically to a Saint Pro. I realize that's not Westside exactly, but the plastic should be exactly the same since its all Trilogy/Lat64 plastic.

I still bag a thunderbird, only non trilogy disc I carry. For a good reason obviously, Trilogy hasn't got down the thunderbird/pd yet. Culverin isn't it imo.

Latest posts