• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

AM Nationals Qualifications

masterbeato said:
SkaBob said:
Well shucks...when you guys are in town for Nats, hit me up and we'll hang out or some such

could be my caddy if you want?

I make no promises, since I injurred the crap out of both ankles this year and I've got a funky back, but if I'm capable, you got it!

Purely as a service to this fine website, I called a meeting today of the braintrust (I use that term loosely) who run Am Nationals, of which I am a long-time lowly, lowly member. The meeting was held at Kensington Black Locust disc golf course and in spite of giving spots to the current and past TD's of Am Nationals, I still took their money. hahaha.

Masterbeato, you are invited, so long as, at the time of your registration you are one of the top 5 rated Amateurs from your state and your rating is based upon the minimum required rounds, no matter when those rounds were recorded.

Through the years the qualification requirements for Am Nats has varied and truthfully, I have never kept close track. Nor did I consult the website this year or have in-depth discussions with the powers that be (because I was too busy with the round at hand) but to date, the event has never filled with pre-registrations. However in the few days preceding the event, on-site qualification rounds have placed many competitors in the field. Basically, if you can shoot a round rated at 915 or above, and a spot remains, you are in. The course, however, is a demanding, unforgiving challenge know as the Toboggan. All you need are power and accuracy and nerves of steel. Occasional brilliance never hurts.

As more questions come in I will try to be a conduit for semi-official answers.

Am nats was one of the best run tourney's I've ever attended. Toboggan course is a dream. Please make the DGLO both Hudson Monster and boggan again and I'll be back!

Mark Ellis said:
Masterbeato, you are invited, so long as, at the time of your registration you are one of the top 5 rated Amateurs from your state and your rating is based upon the minimum required rounds, no matter when those rounds were recorded.

Through the years the qualification requirements for Am Nats has varied and truthfully, I have never kept close track. Nor did I consult the website this year or have in-depth discussions with the powers that be (because I was too busy with the round at hand) but to date, the event has never filled with pre-registrations. However in the few days preceding the event, on-site qualification rounds have placed many competitors in the field. Basically, if you can shoot a round rated at 915 or above, and a spot remains, you are in. The course, however, is a demanding, unforgiving challenge know as the Toboggan. All you need are power and accuracy and nerves of steel. Occasional brilliance never hurts.

As more questions come in I will try to be a conduit for semi-official answers.

Thanks a lot Mark!

I also appreciate your efforts towards this great event!

SkaBob said:
Is nats at the toboggan again this year?

Wow Bob, you live here and have been playing disc for 3+ years and you didn't know Am Nats was at toboggan every year? sad really.

Secondly, a few weeks before the event they opened it up to any player 940 and above not 955. I got in on a qualifying round last year. It did fill last year and you had to shoot a 68 or better. I got in with a 63.

Robin Hood said:
SkaBob said:

Wow Bob, you live here and have been playing disc for 3+ years and you didn't know Am Nats was at toboggan every year? sad really.

Secondly, a few weeks before the event they opened it up to any player 940 and above not 955. I got in on a qualifying round last year. It did fill last year and you had to shoot a 68 or better. I got in with a 63.

Hey man, DGLO used to be at the toboggan...you never know, especially with the new course in at Kensington!

hey dan, i think you need to play some more sanctioned shit. just sayin'

SkaBob said:
Robin Hood said:
SkaBob said:

Hey man, DGLO used to be at the toboggan...you never know, especially with the new course in at Kensington!

I have heard that this year the DGLO is using Independence Lake as well as Hudson Mills. The Indy Lake courses (the temporary Picnic and the permanent Chuck D Memorial) may not have the geographical brilliance of the Toboggan but both are fine courses and only about 5 minutes away from Hudson Mills.

I'm planning on going for the 5th straight year. I will not miss this tournament.

I've been on a pretty long downhill slide for the last two years, but I'm hoping to get a lot of practice in for the tourney this year.

Dan if you need a course guide, I've played that course 20+ times, and have been damn near everywhere on it. I'm hoping to qualify at the Illiana Open, but in case that doesn't go through, I'll come on Wednesday or Thursday for late qualifying.

i just played a C-Tier last Sunday for 9 rated rounds that should also keep me at the top of advanced here in MN and i am most likely more than qualified.

thanks to everyone for the information.

Wow, nice win by 4. That looks like a solid 2nd round.

You were the 2nd highest rated player there?

masterbeato said:
i just played a C-Tier last Sunday for 9 rated rounds that should also keep me at the top of advanced here in MN and i am most likely more than qualified.

thanks to everyone for the information.

Bagger...

Timko said:
Wow, nice win by 4. That looks like a solid 2nd round.

You were the 2nd highest rated player there?

3rd highest by my count.

That being said, he is obviously just playing Am this year for Am Nats and maybe Am Worlds.

Of course, I don't see why Masterbeato doesn't play in Open for the competition and just take scrip instead of cash.

followed by huge homosexual....

i really dont know what is going on right now.

heh, sailor jerry.