• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Am Worlds 2011 - Rochester NY

Chuck:

Is walker right that the PDGA posts pool assignments? Or is it the TD?

Should we anticipate this info Wednesday or at the event?

BG Ams posts pools early and Worlds did last year. Not to beat a dead horse, but I'm curious.

Tony (the TD) responded to my PM on PDGA and told me it's out of his hands. The PDGA does the pool assignments apparently.

Let's just hope they post them sooner than later.

Cheers to all and this thing is getting closer.

I'll be out on Parma smacking trees this Saturday!

I'll be out on Parma smacking trees this Saturday!

Have fun! GREAT course there! Easily the most challenging course in the tourney.

I just played Widener yesterday, and it's amazing how nice that course looks now.

Parma will challenge you, but Widener will really surprise you with it's presentation. Beware the bunkers!

Tony (the TD) responded to my PM on PDGA and told me it's out of his hands. The PDGA does the pool assignments apparently.

Let's just hope they post them sooner than later.
Based on past experience, my guess is that they'll be posted this week. Hopefully in the next couple of days.

Gentry is back tomorrow and Sweeton on Wednesday. I'd be surprised if pools are posted before Wednesday.

Gennesee Valley is up!

The baskets and pads at Gennesee Valley Park have just been installed for those looking to preview the courses. Final touches are being made to the other courses as well, but have at it!

Player pools are up.

Are they not based on ratings? I thought last year we had higher ratings in the A pool.

Just curious...

They are not based on rating. I know they asked your preference of being pooled with others so you can carpool, etc. I got pooled with everyone I asked for. . .

They are not based on rating. I know they asked your preference of being pooled with others so you can carpool, etc. I got pooled with everyone I asked for. . .

Very cool. I think that's great they accommodated everyone who's carpooling.

I'll be hoping to rise out of the C pool. Playing only one round on Tuesday sounds laid-back. I'm in!

here's the link to the pool assignments:

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/16465

Hope to see tons of folks at the kick off event at the German House. Words can't express how awesome the bands are.

Also, tickets to the player party are included in the player pack, but what about your spouse, caddy, bff, your uncle bob who lives down the road, etc? Well they can come too!! Tickets for non-players will be available for purchase at registration and at the flymart.

Now that pool assignments are out, when will the v1.4 draft of the competition schedule be updated for course assignment changes? Or was the "D" pool eliminated and there are no other changes? Thanks, and can't wait to get there.

Do we know what all is included in the player's pack yet? Apologize if this has already been discussed.

Based on the following quote I think we are getting a Westside King in the player's pack. Heard one other rumor (will try and check on it) but nothing else concrete.

"In United States our main sponsorship target of season 2011 is PDGA Am World Championships in the state of New York between July 24 - 27, 2011. We are one of the product sponsors and our featured product is Westside King -driver"

Last edited:
The player pack is a closely guarded secret. Suffice it to say you will not be disappointed. This will be the best Worlds player pack ever. Estimated value is over $150.

Join the D for these Am Worlds activities

Looking forward to seeing you guys!

grc_aw11_md.jpg

The player pack is a closely guarded secret. Suffice it to say you will not be disappointed. This will be the best Worlds player pack ever. Estimated value is over $150.

Do you get the pack at registration?

Latest posts