• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

C'mon, this is insignificant.

And yet.

Are you saying this doesn't scream "first class event"? Only $25, you get to own this work of art---and a Salient disc, at that!

Perhaps they were trying to be cool---I'm too old to know whether they succeeded---but, somehow, it's hard to believe someone looked at that stamp, and thought it was a good idea to go forward with it.

I wouldsnt say insignificant. Ive been saying that about a lot of the things theyve done usually couching it by saying "at least its not the fake lawyer thing" which is in no way a compliment.

But if you add it all up ...well, if it smells like ****...

Hopefully you can stop whoever paints gang symbols on the targets at Owens Field next. I have played at Owens numerous times by myself with no problems but have been warned by Columbia club members to not do this over the years due to safety. They must have been lying and the graffiti was misinterpreted.

The park is perfectly safe dude. Loosen up the tin foil on your head and venture out of your mom's basement.

Actually they pretty much are...

7xrHvaa.jpg

#AcetoneReady

I wonder if they have authorization to sell merch with ESPN's logo on it?

Probably not.

ADGT and Salient are not featured on the stamp, and it is being sold through another party.

If ESPN has a problem with it, they would have to sue a Chinese company. Good luck to them.

Probably not.

ADGT and Salient are not featured on the stamp, and it is being sold through another party.

If ESPN has a problem with it, they would have to sue a Chinese company. Good luck to them.

My guess would be "probably so".

They have a contract with ESPN, and it seems certain that it gives them the right to use ESPN's logo in their marketing.

If it's like contracts I've been involved with, it requires pre-approval, and you might think ESPN would look at that and not like it, but I suspect that if they look at it, they'll just say, "Whatever...." It's not disparaging ESPN, it's on a small number of Frisbees, what do they care?

The park is perfectly safe dude. Loosen up the tin foil on your head and venture out of your mom's basement.

What are you talking about?

Your insult couldn't have missed the target by more if you'd shot yourself.

And did you notice he said he's played Owens Field alone numerous times and had no problems himself? That he was relaying what Columbians had told him?

And, for what it's worth, over the years Owens Field has had more than its share of incidents and vandalism---certainly more than any other Columbia-area course, probably more than all of the others combined. It's still reasonably safe, but those stories do get around.

Which, of course, has nothing to do with this thread, what with Cobblestone being well outside of Columbia, safe from gangs, common criminals, and hordes of anti-ADGT vigilantes.

My guess would be "probably so".

They have a contract with ESPN, and it seems certain that it gives them the right to use ESPN's logo in their marketing.

If it's like contracts I've been involved with, it requires pre-approval, and you might think ESPN would look at that and not like it, but I suspect that if they look at it, they'll just say, "Whatever...." It's not disparaging ESPN, it's on a small number of Frisbees, what do they care?

Possibly.

However, do they actually have a contract with ESPN or do they have a letter of intent?

Letters of intent are non-binding, subject to contract.

If I were running a business in a niche marketplace and I managed to get a contract with ESPN, my company's name and the ESPN logo would be plastered on everything.

I haven't seen their contract, but I believe they have one.

They seem to have a different business model than you or I might.

What are you talking about?

Your insult couldn't have missed the target by more if you'd shot yourself.

And did you notice he said he's played Owens Field alone numerous times and had no problems himself? That he was relaying what Columbians had told him?

And, for what it's worth, over the years Owens Field has had more than its share of incidents and vandalism---certainly more than any other Columbia-area course, probably more than all of the others combined. It's still reasonably safe, but those stories do get around.

Which, of course, has nothing to do with this thread, what with Cobblestone being well outside of Columbia, safe from gangs, common criminals, and hordes of anti-ADGT vigilantes.

The vandalism isn't from "gangs," it's from kids with access to the park and nothing else to do. Are the kids part of a gang? Maybe- but that doesn't mean they are preying on park visitors. To suggest otherwise isn't fair.

He says he doesn't know much about it, but will be there. The temptation is to want to ask him a couple of follow-up questions.

But it looks like the ADGT will have a good turnout overall, and enough top players to webcast the top card and not look silly.

He says he doesn't know much about it, but will be there. The temptation is to want to ask him a couple of follow-up questions.

But it looks like the ADGT will have a good turnout overall, and enough top players to webcast the top card and not look silly.

KCWO the week before, Masters Cup the week after. I wonder how many pros made the choice to head back west after KC in lieu of this event. I'd be willing to bet the number is fairly high.

Thank you for sharing, Terry's reaction is epic.

Thanks for mentioning it---I hadn't paid close attention, had really just listened to the conversation. "Startled", I think, might be the word, though he took the high ground and held his tongue. (I wonder if he did so after the interview?)

Latest posts