• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Another DIY Backpack

Anybody know how this bank is holding up? I'm vicationing right next to a bass pro shop and pick one up.

The bag held up great, and looked good with a plasti-dip bottom. I got mad one round and slammed the bag down and the PVC frame broke but that was because I used screw in reducers.

I ended up buying one so I'm glad to hear it is still going strong. Did you PlastiDip the bottom? I was wondering how it would adhere to the plastic. Did you make any other mods other than the. Up with somethingframe? I've been trying to come up with something to hold a Nalgene bottle.

I like that zip-off feature. seems like its two bags in one. backback for certain courses. just shoulder strap it for the deuce or die courses. great ingenuity.

Is it possible to put the drivers/mids in the top section instead? Do the mesh bags on the sides hold drinks?

What are the dimensions for the pvc frame? I saw one of these at a local salvage shop and will go back tomorrow or Monday for it.

this is a pretty cool bag, ive had this bag for about 3 years as my fishing tacklebox and its held up good. i should have done this too, great idea.

I know this is an old topic, but I love what Johnnyfats did with this bag!

Any idea what lengths and connectors you used for your PVC piping?

What are the dimensions for the pvc frame? I saw one of these at a local salvage shop and will go back tomorrow or Monday for it.

In case anyone is interested, I just created a frame for this bag. I used:

(All PVC pipe was 3/4")

Qty - Description

4 - 5 5/8" pvc pipe
4 - 3 1/2" pvc pipe
3 - 4 1/8" pvc pipe
6 - 3/4" x 3/4" x 1/2" 90 degree slip elbow connector
6 - 1/2" to 3/4" screw in adapters
2 - 3/4" elbow

I simply bought one large 3/4" x 10ft pvc pipe and a hacksaw and cut the pvc pipe to the appropriate lengths. Unfortunately all the 3 way corner connector pieces were 3/4" x 3/4" x 1/2" so I had to buy the screw in adapters to allow the 3/4" pvc to fit in.

From there I simply assembled the cage inside the back (note: you must assemble the cage in the bag. It is a pain in the ass, but the only way it will work).

All the PVC pipe, connectors and hacksaw cost me about $25 at Home Depot.

The attachments are not my pictures, but I modified them with cut & paste to give you a feel for the parts and the cage configuration.

Haven't gone out to the course to play yet, but am excited to get out there today. I will upload some pictures later today or tomorrow of the finished product.

Attachments

• backpack - parts.jpg
    backpack - parts.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 36
  • backpack - cage.jpg
    backpack - cage.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 51
Is it possible to put the drivers/mids in the top section instead? Do the mesh bags on the sides hold drinks?

You could, but it kind of defeats the purpose. The reason I liked this was so that I could store my discs underneath, but have the top section free to put my sweatshirt, jacket, cooler, etc.

The mesh bags on the sides can hold cans or bottles, but unfortunately not a large water bottle or nalgene.

About the bag:

I forgot to mention that I also added safety pins to the zipper of the bottom section. I was worried about discs falling out. I think it definitely helps and adds peace of mind if nothing else. Those were the last pictures I took with my camera before it broke, so I will try to upload them this weekend so you can see what I'm talking about.

Also, there is a great piece of material the functions as a king ring/towel holder on the top part that can tuck into one of the front pockets. That's where I have my towel and bag tag.
This is a good idea. I reposted it here to try and keep most the info in one thread.

I thought it would be good to repost this here since the info for this bag is spread over a couple threads
i wanted to bring this one back. i just build a frame for mine. a few notes: make sure the frame is tall enough or else with the top loaded it presses down on the discs making them very difficult to put in and out. also since the bag separates into two parts there is a small area of dead space in between the sections. i placed two layer of hard plastic in there. i sure it would accommodate up to 1/4 plywood as well. i will test the bag out on Tuesday and report back.